Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crashing When Accessing NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got done installing Kodi on my PC. All of our media is stored on a Synology NAS and works fine on every other device we use in the house, same advancedsettings.xml and everything. Installed the x64 version for Windows 10, also tried the x86 but it crashes whenever I try to play anything from my NAS. I tried 18.2 also and it does the same thing as well as the Windows store app. I've fresh installed several times and even tried without my advancedsettings.xml that I use for all my other devices. It seems to be fine when playing local files and I am able to browse and manually add a directory from the NAS but as soon as I go in to actually access it, it crashes. Here is the debug log if someone could please make some sense out of it. Appreciate any help I can get at this point. Thanks!
Near the end of the log it seems there is some NFS: issue Context for 192.168.1.20/volume1/DiskStation not open - get a new context.
Try and access the NAS directly from the nfs share, do you have the icon preview and type of file, duration, etc... here's a Linux thread that might offer a bit of insight into mounting NFS: shares. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338483 NFS (wiki)

CWinSystemWin32::SetFullScreen: (windowed fullscreen) with size 2560x1440, refresh 144.000000
On the wild side, try a test with 1920c1080 fullscreen 60hz, I doubt it has anything to do with this issue, but it would be interesting if it did.
(2019-07-04, 22:07)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Near the end of the log it seems there is some NFS: issue Context for 192.168.1.20/volume1/DiskStation not open - get a new context.
Try and access the NAS directly from the nfs share, do you have the icon preview and type of file, duration, etc... here's a Linux thread that might offer a bit of insight into mounting NFS: shares. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338483 NFS (wiki)

CWinSystemWin32::SetFullScreen: (windowed fullscreen) with size 2560x1440, refresh 144.000000
On the wild side, try a test with 1920c1080 fullscreen 60hz, I doubt it has anything to do with this issue, but it would be interesting if it did.

I switched it over to that resolution you suggested and it didn't change anything, interesting idea though I didn't really think about. What do you mean by access the NAS directly? I added it through the file manager in kodi and am able to browse it no problem, is that what you meant? It doesn't show any media information or anything just file size. If I try to play something from there it acts like it's going to start playing and then crashes. Thanks for the help, I am running out of ideas so it's good to get some outside ideas haha
I don't think the NFS share is mounting correctly if you can't see them through sources 'files view'. It might be easier to use SMB or something else for networking if that's a possibility.
(2019-07-05, 01:16)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the NFS share is mounting correctly if you can't see them through sources 'files view'. It might be easier to use SMB or something else for networking if that's a possibility.

I can see them for a couple of seconds before it crashes. All of my other devices use NFS so wouldn't using SMB not work out the best for the overall picture? Or would it be fine? I've always just used NFS and never had a problem so I'm not sure.
(2019-07-05, 01:16)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the NFS share is mounting correctly if you can't see them through sources 'files view'. It might be easier to use SMB or something else for networking if that's a possibility.

I think I just fixed it actually. I added a rule specific to the IP address of this PC and boom it's fine now. Really weird since I have a rule in there to let any IP address on my network access that folder through NFS but regardless it made it work. I think this can be marked as solved (sorry not sure if I can do that). Thank you for your time and suggestions!
I've marked this tentatively solved, but if further discoveries are made that would seem notable, please feel free to leave that in this thread.

Thread marked solved.