Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Customise main menu to separate home movies from normal movies etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'd like to change the main menu system to something like:

Animated Movies
Family Movies
Other Movies
Home Movies

Documentaries
Kids TV
TV Series

I've looked for hours online and can't find the answer, I don't want the menu items to link to add ons, I want them to get the videos from my hard drives, I've set them up with folders like above and thought this would be a 10 minute job. 

I installed the Estuary Mod v2 and created the labels I wanted but couldn't get any further

Appreciate any help
@Lynds15

Try this wiki page... Custom home items (wiki)
you could use nodes in Categories menu use library node editor
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="40" type="folder">
 <label>Other Movies</label>
 <icon>DefaultFolder.png</icon>
 <path>D:\videos</path>
</node>
(2019-07-07, 03:10)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]you could use nodes in Categories menu use library node editor
xml:
</node>
I keep seeing your advice and help posts, on how to sort peoples "custom item " issues with "nodes" , just looking at the text and reading the wiki, am just glad I can do it via copy and pasting from favourite.xml to includes_home.xml, the "nodes" method looks so complicated it makes "smart playlist" creation look like child's play. Just looking ,   the text above is intimidating haha.
(2019-11-08, 22:32)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-07, 03:10)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]you could use nodes in Categories menu use library node editor
xml:
</node>
I keep seeing your advice and help posts, on how to sort peoples "custom item " issues with "nodes" , just looking at the text and reading the wiki, am just glad I can do it via copy and pasting from favourite.xml to includes_home.xml, the "nodes" method looks so complicated it makes "smart playlist" creation look like child's play. Just looking ,   the text above is intimidating haha. 

if you had said that you could edit the skin
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333279    https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344593