Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to edit these buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Is it possible to edit these buttons below TV SHOWS  in the pic -  Episodes - Recently Added , Episodes - In Progress etc.
Yes, go to settings, submenu customize main menu, tv shows items, press left arrow goes to submenu area, now use rename function and change the name.
(2019-07-07, 15:47)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, go to settings, submenu customize main menu, tv shows items, press left arrow goes to submenu area, now use rename function and change the name.

Wanilton - they do not show in the submenu .
If you select empty  and replace with TV SHOWS  it automatically  leads these in with it. Maybe needs editing in the settings
Look the image, have all default items

Image]
(2019-07-07, 19:09)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Look the image, have all default items

Image]

Those names do not match the ones in my picture . Episodes recently add, Episodes in progress, Episodes unwatched, TV shows unwatched  , genres, .
I tried editing the ones in your picture  but they don't affect the ones I'm talking about
(2019-07-07, 19:09)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Look the image, have all default items

Image]
Wanilton - Do you know where the code for the buttons ( Episodes recently add, Episodes in progress, Episodes unwatched, TV shows unwatched  , genres ) is.
I just want to rename them and make them open my trackt list.
(2019-07-06, 20:57)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Is it possible to edit these buttons below TV SHOWS  in the pic -  Episodes - Recently Added , Episodes - In Progress etc.

Yes it is possible. Go to the Settings > Widgets
(2019-07-11, 17:36)MapleFlakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-06, 20:57)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Is it possible to edit these buttons below TV SHOWS  in the pic -  Episodes - Recently Added , Episodes - In Progress etc.

Sorry but I'm  complete novice  on kodi . I cant see it can you tell me exactly where and to modify  on aeon mq8 thank you
(2019-07-11, 18:50)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 17:36)MapleFlakes Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry but I'm  complete novice  on kodi . I cant see it can you tell me exactly where and to modify  on aeon mq8 thank you 

Sure, Scroll on the main slider to Settings go into Customize Shortcuts, and if Customize Shortcuts are not visible go into Interface > Customize Skin. Then look through there to find what you are looking for.
(2019-07-11, 18:55)MapleFlakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 18:50)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 17:36)MapleFlakes Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is possible. Go to the Settings > Widgets  

Sure, Scroll on the main slider to Settings go into Customize Shortcuts, and if Customize Shortcuts are not visible go into Interface > Customize Skin. Then look through there to find what you are looking for. 
i just done a fresh install and they was not there until I added some TV Shows.
Widgets appear above the menu bar and are not these buttons ( or whatever they are called)
Manually editing those buttons isn't too hard. Just make a thought how you might get there.

1. Start with the string in use. You have a bunch of strings shown there: Episode - Recently added .... Episode - Unwatched .... and so on.

2. There are 2 types of strings. Skin specific strings and strings that are provided by Kodi core which a skin is also able to use.

3. start searching for the string. I'll make it easy for you. The strings "recently added" or "unwatched" aren't skin specific string. Instead those are strings provided by Kodi core. In that case:

Episodes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...869-L12871

Recently added: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...971-L12973

If you see the IDs for those strings you could start searching in the code where those are used. I don't know which OS you are using. As I'm using linux, I simply do: grep -i "20382" * inside the "xml"-folder of the skin.

As a result I get:

Code:

davu@davu-desktop:~/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8/xml$ grep -i "20382" *
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20342] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="sortstatus" value="$LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[36903] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="sortstatus" value="$LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31086] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[132] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
Home.xml:                                    <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20382]" />
Home.xml:                                    <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20360] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
Home.xml:                                    <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20382]" />
davu@davu-desktop:~/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8/xml$

As we now know: 20360 stands for "Episodes" and 20382 stands for "recently added...this line looks promising:

Home.xml:                                    <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20360] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />

So I would suggest to take a look at the Home.xml file and search for:  <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20360] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />

Hint...it's in the line 665 of that file and it also has a comment: "<!-- Episodios recentes -->" Wink

Change that to whatever you like and do the same for the other strings you want to edit manually accordingly. You will find them in the next lines after that section.
It's only appear if have tv shows items on Kodi Database, if have items will appear the items mentioned in submenu area and widgets too, and don't need edit files manually, only need use customize main menu features for rename the labels.
(2019-07-11, 20:16)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Manually editing those buttons isn't too hard. Just make a thought how you might get there.

1. Start with the string in use. You have a bunch of strings shown there: Episode - Recently added .... Episode - Unwatched .... and so on.

2. There are 2 types of strings. Skin specific strings and strings that are provided by Kodi core which a skin is also able to use.

3. start searching for the string. I'll make it easy for you. The strings "recently added" or "unwatched" aren't skin specific string. Instead those are strings provided by Kodi core. In that case:

If you see the IDs for those strings you could start searching in the code where those are used. I don't know which OS you are using. As I'm using linux, I simply do: grep -i "20382" * inside the "xml"-folder of the skin.

As a result I get:

Code:

customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20342] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[36903] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31086] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />
customWidgets.xml:                            <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[132] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />

As we now know: 20360 stands for "Episodes" and 20382 stands for "recently added...this line looks promising:

So I would suggest to take a look at the Home.xml file and search for:  <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20360] - $LOCALIZE[20382]" />

Hint...it's in the line 665 of that file and it also has a comment: "<!-- Episodios recentes -->" Wink

Change that to whatever you like and do the same for the other strings you want to edit manually accordingly. You will find them in the next lines after that section.

This, was going to be my next message of assistance. But I see someone else has beat me to it.
Sorry for that Wink
(2019-07-11, 20:16)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Manually editing those buttons isn't too hard. Just make a thought how you might get there.

As a result I get:

Code:

DaVu - Excellent this is just what I wanted. Found the strings.po from the github link created my own $LOCALIZE[numbers] for words I wanted.
Nearly made the mistake of editing the words on the .po then realized that it would affect it throughout the program. But thanks Buttons renamed and linked to my trakt list etc.
Pages: 1 2