Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not all timers or recordings showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When I schedule a recording in Kodi, the timer shows up in Kodi and the subsequent recording shows up in the list.

If I schedule a recording in the web interface while I am logged in as admin, the timer and then the recording do not show up in Kodi. If I am not logged in, they show up fine. Perhaps this is intended behaviour.

If I then log in as admin on Kodi, these timers and recordings show up, but they are the only timers and recordings that show up. Those set within Kodi do not now show up.

Is anyone seeing the same? TVH 4.2.7-44 and running Kodi on RPi4, so this is the LibreElec test build.

Best wishes,

Mark
I am using a different backend, but timers always show up in Kodi a little later.
Don't know the interval for timer updates, but they should show within the interval independent of where they are set ifaik.
(2019-07-07, 15:00)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

When I schedule a recording in Kodi, the timer shows up in Kodi and the subsequent recording shows up in the list.

If I schedule a recording in the web interface while I am logged in as admin, the timer and then the recording do not show up in Kodi. If I am not logged in, they show up fine. Perhaps this is intended behaviour.

If I then log in as admin on Kodi, these timers and recordings show up, but they are the only timers and recordings that show up. Those set within Kodi do not now show up.

Is anyone seeing the same? TVH 4.2.7-44 and running Kodi on RPi4, so this is the LibreElec test build.

Best wishes,

Mark
Sounds like a permissions issue to me. 
Quote:while I am logged in as admin, the timer and then the recording do not show up in Kodi.......If I then log in as admin on Kodi, these timers and recordings show up

I use TVH and don't see this issue, BUT, Kodi (and TVH) both have only one user (this user has admin permissions in TVH). In effect, the user Kodi is running as is also the admin user for TVH. I'm not using any profiles in Kodi, but it sounds like you might be, in which case, that might be the root of your issue, or at least, something to look at.
Ow yeah, good pointer.
Missed the profile thing...
Hi,

Yeah, but when I am logged in as an admin, I was expecting all 'non admin' timers to show up.

In the TVH web interface, this is what happens.

Anyway, it seems like a simple fix. Make sure all Kodi clients connect with admin rights.

Best wishes,

Mark
Yeah, you can use different users and turn OFF use server based watch status (or something like that) in the Kodi addon so that watched recordings are only set for that particular user.  I use different users to restrict my kids to a subset of channels on their Pi and no PVR capability.  They can watch TV but not record anything - I dread to think how much diskspace they would eat up if I let them record !!  It's also 'set and forget'.  I don't need to worry about what they might be watching as I know I've locked down their account in TVH.  All the other clients share the same TVH user account so everything is replicated across those machines.