Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc-favorites plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
plugin navi-x
http://code.google.com/p/navi-x/

where you download xbmc bram?
i use this dutch/ english site xbmcworld
there are a lot of good plugins in there
I've added the Navi-X script.
Most of the script on xbmcworld are outdated and don't work or work only partially (on a T3CH build, that is). I've added the "tvgids" plugin. But this plugin was also outdated, so I've updated it.
Bram77 Wrote:I've added the Navi-X script.
Most of the script on xbmcworld are outdated and don't work or work only partially (on a T3CH build, that is). I've added the "tvgids" plugin. But this plugin was also outdated, so I've updated it.

Outdated!? Can you tell me witch scripts you're talking about so we can do something about it?
Tikkiew brought a small bug to my attention (thanks). A new version is available for download If your xbmc-favorites plugin is working as expected you can download it with the plugin. Otherwise get it from here.
Sorry, you can't install it with the plugin. You'll need to download it and install it manually!
tikkiew Wrote:can't download scripts/ autoexec.py from your installer
it give a message that it has been install,but will not download the file.
i made the file myself now.

I've moved the autoexec.py file to the veohproxy direcotry and added instructions in the wiki on how to move it to the scripts root.
A Linux version of the "XBMC-Favorites Installer" has been added to the XBMC-favorites googlecode downloads page. Installation instructions are in the wiki of the googlecode page. This is a test version. There might be one thing in the script that will cause an error. Before I fix it I want to knwo if it's really a probelem Smile It gave no errors on my machine.

Please tell me if it doesn't work for you. Some of the plugins and scripts you'll be able to download after installation won't work in Linux. You'll hve to find out which ones by yourself. I haven't tested them all myself (yet).. I'm not the author of those scripts and I can't help to get them working with Linux, at this moment.
Is there a specific skin you're missing? Some of the skins are already there. The other ones I'm not interested in. If there is one particular skin you want to be able to download, then I can look into that. If there has been a recent update on the skin files I might add it.
I've updated the plugin to support download of web interfaces. Download version 1.4 from the link in my sig (XBOX only for now).

I've added three web interfaces. "iBrowse", "AJAX" and "PDA". Suggestions for other web interfaces are very much welcome.

Keep you eye on the log on the google code page for the most recent updates! I hope to find some time in the next month to implement the possibility to view the log from within XBMC.
I got an error when trying to use the XBMC-Favorites Installer to update itself and then read this entire thread and found this:

Bram77 Wrote:Sorry, you can't install it with the plugin. You'll need to download it and install it manually!

Does the "it" refer to XBMC-Fav installer or is it possible to update the XBMC-Favorites Installer using the XBMC-Favorites Installer? Or does it have to be downloaded via computer and ftp'd over? If so, is there going to be a way to update the installer via the installer in the future?

I was wondering if the error was because the program was named XBMC-Favorites Installer and that is the exact name of the program that was running. Would it work if the name of the new program was changed to "XBMC-Favorites Installer 1.4" so that it wouldn't try to overwrite itself and then the old one could manually be deleted with the File Manager? Just a thought...

Thanks for the great plugin!
Thank you for the feedback. It's correct that using a different directory name would overcome this. I might do that in the future. Actually, I will probably rename the existing directory (if possible) and keep the directory name of the updated version as is. Otherwise you'd have to add the plugin again to be able to make use of it (in the programs screen) and remove the old one.
I got it to work without using the computer. I just went into File Manager and then Q:\plugins\programs and selected "XBMC-Favorites Installer" and renamed it to "XBMC-Fav 1.4"
I then went to the main screen and then Programs and Selected XBMC-Favorites Installer and then Edit Source and navigated to plugin://programs/XBMC-Fav 1.4 and then renamed the Media Source to "XBMC-Fav 1.4". This way, both the installation folder and the plugin name were different from the one being downloaded and the new one gets to keep the default name. This will work as long as the program is the latest one on the SVN. Then using File Manager again I could erase the old install and keep the new one.
I had already erased version 1.3, so I couldn't try out a true upgrade, but I was able to do a dual upgrade which is quite promising. It's still requires a little bit of work to pull off, but it's easier than having to go to a computer, download, unrar, delete old one, and ftp the new one.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Upgrading the plugin that is running is not possible. Just as it's not possible to update a skin while you're using it. So it will be difficult to update the Installer from within the plugin. I could write a script that automatically checks (add it to autoexec.py in the scripts directory) for a update on XBMC startup. That may be the best way to do it.
Hi, thanks for a great script!!

can't download scripts/ autoexec.py from your installer
it gives a message that it has been installed,but will not download the file.

can you tell me where to get the file from, then I can ftp it to the scripts root?

doesn't seem to be with your new build of installer, from goggle code
website. I had a version of it a while back but deleted it to make way for the new one.

Thanks

JohnShocked
Pages: 1 2 3 4