Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Plugin/Script for MotoGP....is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I'm very new to the XBMC scene, but my setup has tweaked the interest of a friend of mine who has a question.

He is interested in watching live web broadcasts of the MotoGP races, which are available on the MotoGP website here:

http://www.motogp.com/en/Subscribe

This is a subscription service with an annual fee to watch the broadcast. He doesn't currently have a subscription, but is more than happy to take one out if he can watch it on his TV via XBMC.

So is it possible to watch a (legitimately paid for) subscription service via XBMC? Would he need to have the subscription already before one of the extremely generous coders on here could investigate the possibility?

At this stage it's just a "toe in the water" type question to see if it's even possible, but if it is possible, should I make the actual request in Voinage's thread, or in the main area?
Hmmm....sound of crickets chirping...

I'm guessing that the lack of replies means this isn't possible? Can anyone confirm?
To quote Bill Gates "it is software, anything is possible". You just need to find someone with a personal interest in it who either already have the skills or is willing to learn, and then the time needed for it will need to be worth the effort. That person would of course have to have a paid subscription before he started.
Ok. So you're saying it's theoretically possible, but unlikely to happen as it'll be pretty hard to sort out. I guess I was hoping someone might have already done most of the work with other sites that work the same way, just requiring a slight modification for that particular site.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old thread, same question. Is there any motogp videopass plugin?

http://goo.gl/GbJ53
can someone share the videopass login for development purposes? i could have a look at it
There is some free videos on the motogp.com-site, maybe you could get started with those? I have a pass but wouldn't like to share, sorry.

I've been waiting for this kind plugin and considered trying to write one myself but never got around to do it. And I have no previous experience with xbmc-plugins.

If I did try this, Is there a tutorial for writing this kind of streaming plugin? And what could be a good projet to learn from?