Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuck on boot screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just tried installing MQ 8 on my Nvidia Shield, and it's stuck on the boot screen, and says "Do not press any key. Wait for the process to finish". The percentage bar has never moved, and it's been on that screen for at least 5 minutes.
(2019-07-08, 20:09)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried installing MQ 8 on my Nvidia Shield, and it's stuck on the boot screen, and says "Do not press any key. Wait for the process to finish". The percentage bar has never moved, and it's been on that screen for at least 5 minutes.
How are you installing it?
Through the Kodi settings
(2019-07-08, 20:57)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]Through the Kodi settings

You don't really have many options then. You can wait a little longer to see if it finishes or just kill the Kodi process and try again.
(2019-07-08, 21:02)E net Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't really have many options then. You can wait a little longer to see if it finishes or just kill the Kodi process and try again.

It's still stuck, and I can't get into the Kodi settings. Any suggestions?
(2019-07-08, 21:11)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:02)E net Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you kill the Kodi process? Double click on the circle until the list of processes appears. Select Kodi then press down to and it should say "Dismiss". Select this and this will kill Kodi.
(2019-07-08, 21:25)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:11)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:02)E net Wrote: [ -> ]You don't really have many options then. You can wait a little longer to see if it finishes or just kill the Kodi process and try again. 

Did you kill the Kodi process? Double click on the circle until the list of processes appears. Select Kodi then press down to and it should say "Dismiss". Select this and this will kill Kodi.

Yes, and when I start Kodi back up, it brings me back to the percentage screen, and it's stuck.
(2019-07-08, 21:28)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:25)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:11)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]It's still stuck, and I can't get into the Kodi settings. Any suggestions? 

Yes, and when I start Kodi back up, it brings me back to the percentage screen, and it's stuck.   
Then it sounds like your Kodi install is corrupted. When the skin is installed it creates a folder so it "might" be possible to remove the partial skin install and that means that you wouldn't have to reinstall Kodi. But you do need  to know your way around and android/linux filesystem. Otherwise I personally don't know of another way.
(2019-07-08, 21:31)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:28)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:25)E net Wrote: [ -> ]Did you kill the Kodi process? Double click on the circle until the list of processes appears. Select Kodi then press down to and it should say "Dismiss". Select this and this will kill Kodi.   

Then it sounds like your Kodi install is corrupted. When the skin is installed it creates a folder so it "might" be possible to remove the partial skin install and that means that you wouldn't have to reinstall Kodi. But you do need  to know your way around and android/linux filesystem. Otherwise I personally don't know of another way.

I have ES File Explorer installed, so any idea where the install files are for the skin?
(2019-07-08, 22:01)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:31)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:28)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and when I start Kodi back up, it brings me back to the percentage screen, and it's stuck.   

I have ES File Explorer installed, so any idea where the install files are for the skin? 
/internal/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8
So what happened?
(2019-07-08, 22:03)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 22:01)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 21:31)E net Wrote: [ -> ]Then it sounds like your Kodi install is corrupted. When the skin is installed it creates a folder so it "might" be possible to remove the partial skin install and that means that you wouldn't have to reinstall Kodi. But you do need  to know your way around and android/linux filesystem. Otherwise I personally don't know of another way. 

So what happened?

I deleted the files, and it's still stuck. I cleared the data in Kodi, so I'm starting from scratch again. Not happy.
(2019-07-10, 06:09)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 22:03)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 22:01)lennie paz Wrote: [ -> ]I have ES File Explorer installed, so any idea where the install files are for the skin? 

So what happened? 

I deleted the files, and it's still stuck. I cleared the data in Kodi, so I'm starting from scratch again. Not happy. 
OK that is weird because I have removed that folder in the past and the skin disappears. It sounds like your Kodi install got completely messed up.
there is also a directory in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data that you would probably need to remove as well
(2019-07-10, 06:51)SteveSmith Wrote: [ -> ]there is also a directory in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data that you would probably need to remove as well

Nope. That's for Windows not Android.
Aeon MQ8 is only for use with Kodi Leia 18.2 or 18.3, don't will install in Leia 18.0 or 18.1.
Pages: 1 2