Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can view type control media info display?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pardon me if this is a stupid question but I haven't found any answers. Then again I may be looking in the wrong place or simply not looking hard enough. Laugh

When pressing Info, or sometimes Title, on the Xbox remote when playing a video many skins have a "Media Info" display popup showing the filename, length, etc. This is usually separate from what pops up when pressing Menu.

I am in the mockup stages of a skin idea and I was wondering if it is possible to allow the view type to determine the style of this Media Info popup. For instance, if your files/ library view is in Wide Banner then the Media Info popup could be a style that displays a Wide Banner icon. Or if your files/ library view is in Poster then the Media Info popup could be a style that displays a DVD cover/ movie poster icon.

Is this possible? Perhaps some sort of "if... then" statement?
I haven't tested it but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Say your list view has id 50 you could put the osd media info in a group and by using
<visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible> this group an therefore this layout should appear only when list view is activated.

Then create a layout for the other viewtype, put that in another group and use a condition on that too. And so on.

Oh: note that as far as I know you can't use the container icon of the currently playing video in the OSD. So a wide banner icon of the tvshow for instance won't work. I believe you can only use the icon of the listitem. But anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.