Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blue Stacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have kodi running on my Win7 pc . Is it possible to launch Blue Stacks from within Kodi .
This would enable me to play android apps.
If so how.
Hi aceuk

Sure you can - you can open anything from within Kodi.

Look at my last post in this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260049
(2019-07-11, 11:27)david1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi aceuk

Sure you can - you can open anything from within Kodi.

Look at my last post in this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260049

david1337 - I followed your instructions ( doing test first) But it fails to install any ideas why.
Also once installed Can it be launched from a submenu
(2019-07-11, 14:08)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]david1337 - I followed your instructions ( doing test first) But it fails to install any ideas why.

When does it fail - when you click "Install from Zip file" ?
Yes it can be launched from a submenu, I am doing that in my setup :-)
(2019-07-11, 14:18)david1337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 14:08)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]david1337 - I followed your instructions ( doing test first) But it fails to install any ideas why.

When does it fail - when you click "Install from Zip file" ?
Yes it can be launched from a submenu, I am doing that in my setup :-) 
Yes- It comes up Failed to install on Aeon MQ8 & Aeon Nox Silvo
Right I have just installed your file without me rezipping it and that went ok, so must be something to do went I rezip it.
Used 7zip and file is a zip file
I have installed your file in a default skin and MQ8 on problems.  
I just can't work out what is going wrongwith my zip. I have used Winrar & 7zip output to a .zip file and both unpack ok in folder but Kodi just don't like it for some reason
(2019-07-11, 16:06)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]Right I have just installed your file without me rezipping it and that went ok, so must be something to do went I rezip it.
Used 7zip and file is a zip file

I use 7zip too.

In the addon.xml you must rename everything to match the name of your own script.
So if you call your zip file "script.bluestacks.zip" then you must rename this:
<addon id="script.Dave.RunFile"
to this:
<addon id="script.bluestacks"

Do you follow? :-)
I found this thread 325948
Tried windows compression still don't work check that 7zip is on defalted
(2019-07-11, 16:33)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed your file in a default skin and MQ8 on problems.  
I just can't work out what is going wrongwith my zip. I have used Winrar & 7zip output to a .zip file and both unpack ok in folder but Kodi just don't like it for some reason

I've had the same issues with zipping MQ8. Kodi just kept on telling me that the Zip file was not in the correct format. So in the end I just copied the files over manually.
(2019-07-11, 17:04)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 16:33)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed your file in a default skin and MQ8 on problems.  

I've had the same issues with zipping MQ8. Kodi just kept on telling me that the Zip file was not in the correct format. So in the end I just copied the files over manually. 
How do you do that , where do you copy them to
(2019-07-11, 17:13)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 17:04)E net Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you do that , where do you copy them to 
Use some sort of File Transfer Protocol Application, to copy the files to an location if your using an Raspberry Pi.
(2019-07-10, 21:16)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]I have kodi running on my Win7 pc . Is it possible to launch Blue Stacks from within Kodi .
If so how.

However, concluding your using an Windows 7 PC. I would suggest upgrading to Windows 10 it eases the process with trying to launch Blue stacks from within Kodi.
(2019-07-11, 17:34)MapleFlakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-10, 21:16)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]I have kodi running on my Win7 pc . Is it possible to launch Blue Stacks from within Kodi .
If so how.

However, concluding your using an Windows 7 PC. I would suggest upgrading to Windows 10 it eases the process with trying to launch Blue stacks from within Kodi. 

Thanks but not an option
(2019-07-11, 17:37)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 17:34)MapleFlakes Wrote: [ -> ]
If so how.

Thanks but not an option 

Question. Why isn't it an option?
Pages: 1 2 3