Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: .actors folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i'd like to know if there is a possibility to generate an empty .Actors folder along with the .nfo,
cause i pretty often have to copy one manually in, while i create some films without scraping ('cause there isn't a scraper out there for that... ^^) and have the actor pics local ('cause i have some galleries instead of links).

thanks in advance Big Grin
Hood
the .actors folder is being created when the first actor image will be written.

tmm tries to keep the data sources clean - creating empty folders is the opposite..
well, how about drop every *.jpg/png with a "_" in his name into the .actors folder?
could be checkable in the settings

i wouldn't ask if it wouldn't save me many hours of work (about 5-8 per week) :-)

EDIT: How about a function when i create an actor to search in the dir? (seems local paths don't work)
sorry I do not understand what problem you have? and what you mean with '_'
(2019-07-17, 08:20)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]sorry I do not understand what problem you have? and what you mean with '_'
i meaned an underline... sry ^^
did you ever tried to create manual actors WITHOUT using Links, (without link, no created .actors-folder) just with local pictures? maybe i'm too dumb for using local paths... ^^
even create a .actors folder is only possible by a bat (md), copy or by special tools (file-to-folder/text-to-folder)...

i just try to get manual creation easier ^^
thinking about that:
(2019-07-16, 14:01)Terrence Hood Wrote: [ -> ]How about a function when i create an actor to search in the dir? (seems local paths don't work)
with that the other crap i mentioned would be obsolete ^^
I think what the OP is requesting is a way to utilize our own local actor images instead of the predetermined download links.  I have never cared for any of them and would prefer to use my own too or at least add mine additionally so they appear along with the standard downloaded images when browsing actor images in skins.  Presently, I think this is sourced and presented via ExtendedInfo Script.  Seems no one knows how/if this is even possible.  By chance maybe someone in this TinyMediaManager forum has a solution or would consider the request.
i thought of an option for an local actor pic support, extendedinfo is waaaaay too much for that xD

actually i have to manually copy an .actors-folder, name the pics and move them inside... then i create the actors in the .nfo, i can't choose a local file (atm local paths seems not to work) while the actor-creation...

it's hard for me to belief that i'm the first who ask for something like this ^^
IIRC we've implemented support for symbolic links to a shared actors folder - if you want to maintain your own actor images, then you only need to put a symbolic link to your .actors folder in every movie folder.
add an option to maintain your own actor images is not an option since that won't use much users (you are the first asking for this in 7 years of tmm)
maybe i'm just the first one and many others will follow? xD
no, it's okay :-P
linking wouldn't really work, since the need would be for each movie (even with same actors) would be unique pic's...
i've tried already to make a link of a local .jpg/png and use their paths as image, which seems not to work... ._.
looks like i've to go on like always :-(

still, could you give me a sample, how that with the symbolic link works...
maybe you mean what i mean, but it's lost in translation; i'm native german and i rarely use english, except when i translate or have to communicate with my army comrades ^^
solution for my initial-post:
with DropIt generated profile for creating /.actors

1. Name: actors
2. Rule: *_*.png|*_*.jpg|*_*.jpeg
3. Action: move
4. Target: /.actors

after short config i can send the files to the profile, .actors is generated, if pics are named correctly TMM load the pics for the actors...

PROFIT! :-P
Hi, I'm using this thread for my questions as it is related:
(2019-07-15, 12:01)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]the .actors folder is being created when the first actor image will be written.
Hm, I can't seem to get TMM to write actor images, no matter what I do!?
I'm not scraping the movies, but adding actor images as links into the actor information. How am I able to write the actor images?! Something like "Download missing artwork" doesn't work?!
Quote:IIRC we've implemented support for symbolic links to a shared actors folder - if you want to maintain your own actor images, then you only need to put a symbolic link to your .actors folder in every movie folder.
Ok, so I create an actors folder, copy/move all actor images from all actors folders into that folder and link back that one folder into all movie dirs?
(2019-10-24, 17:44)Uatschitchun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm using this thread for my questions as it is related:
(2019-07-15, 12:01)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]the .actors folder is being created when the first actor image will be written.
Hm, I can't seem to get TMM to write actor images, no matter what I do!?
I'm not scraping the movies, but adding actor images as links into the actor information. How am I able to write the actor images?! Something like "Download missing artwork" doesn't work?!
Quote:IIRC we've implemented support for symbolic links to a shared actors folder - if you want to maintain your own actor images, then you only need to put a symbolic link to your .actors folder in every movie folder.
Ok, so I create an actors folder, copy/move all actor images from all actors folders into that folder and link back that one folder into all movie dirs?     
I was wondering same as I have only just started to use TMM and I had a few left over .actor folders

Click settings
Scroll down to images under Movies then under TV shows

Movies - Enable extra artwork click download images to .actors
TV shows - Advanced Options tick Download actor images to .actors

Re-scrape and if it encounters duplicate you have a Red Triangle with a number in bottom right of TMM window

During scrape TMM will move existing .actors folder to .deletedbyTMM/<TV show> folder
Problem is, I'm not scraping the movies, but adding links to the actors myself