Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies with different versions not detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have movies in the library with alternate versions (Director's Cut, Alternate camera angles, etc.)  

All versions are in the same folder, with the same title using [brackets] to differentiate them.  

Example:
Phantom Regiment 2017
----Phantom Regiment 2017[Multi Camera].mkv
----Phantom Regiment 2017[High Camera].mkv

In the past, (just before the last update I think) these were detected and only one listing would show, allowing me to set artwork, metadata for all versions.

Now each version is listed separately.  The contents of the brackets are not showing in the listing, but there are still multiple entries.

Screen shots below:

Past: One entry on the left for two movies in the folder

Current: One entry on the left for EACH movie in the folder

your pictures are not visible - but I'd suggest you to put them in different folders (or the _main_ edition in the movie folder and the other(s) in a subfolder called extras)
To upload images...

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
(2019-07-17, 08:19)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]your pictures are not visible - but I'd suggest you to put them in different folders (or the _main_ edition in the movie folder and the other(s) in a subfolder called extras)
When I use this folder structure, Emby will display a dropdown menu allowing a choice for which version to play.  The file name must match the folder exactly in order to work.
Until recently, TMM would also recognize this and add metadata to a single title.  I hope the images are now displayed and can illustrate the issue.

I understand using the Extras folder as a workaround, but this method is much more streamlined and efficient.

Past: One entry on the left for two movies in the folder

Current: One entry on the left for EACH movie in the folder