Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.embuary.helper - a skin helper service / widgets alternative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@sualfred , perhaps I am missing this and it is already there, but is there a call to your script which would provide me the tv show dbid if I am in the video info dialog for an episode? I would like to have a button take me to the season that this episode belongs to.  I can already browse the tv show itself by using the jumptoshow_by_episode call of the script, and I would like to do something similar to go to the season. 

Perhaps you could add a jumptoseason_by_episode function? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbydbid&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&type=tvshow&idtype=episode (if DBID is a episode item)
plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbydbid&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&type=tvshow&idtype=season (if DBID is a season item)

By this you can access all available TV show info labels -> Container(123).ListItem.DBID

Edit:
But you can also use these paths
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...-of-season

ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getseasonepisodes&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&idtype=episode,return)
(2019-10-23, 06:07)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbydbid&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&type=tvshow&idtype=episode (if DBID is a episode item)
plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbydbid&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&type=tvshow&idtype=season (if DBID is a season item)

By this you can access all available TV show info labels -> Container(123).ListItem.DBID

Edit:
But you can also use these paths
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...-of-season

ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getseasonepisodes&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&idtype=episode,return)

@sualfred, thank you! I think the last example is exactly what I am looking for. I will test in a few hours.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I am not sure why, but the activatewindow with the plugin path did not work.  In the end, I used the getbydbid call with a hidden list, and then used the gotopath call of the script to jump to the season:

xml:

<item>
        <label>$LOCALIZE[20373]:</label>
        <label2>$INFO[ListItem.Season]</label2>
        <onclick>RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=goto,path='"videodb://tvshows/titles/$INFO[Container(5200).ListItem.DBID]/$INFO[ListItem.Season]/?tvshowid=$INFO[Container(5200).ListItem.DBID]"',target=videos)</onclick>
        <visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)</visible>
</item>

Thanks again!
Have you closed the window before? 

<onclick>close</onclick>
<onclick>activatebla</onclick>

Edit:
the gotopath action does exactly the same. It closes the dialog and then updates the myvideonav container or activates the new window.
So this should also work
<onclick>RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=goto,path='"plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getseasonepisodes&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&idtype=episode"',target=videos)</oncli
(2019-10-23, 15:46)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Have you closed the window before? 

<onclick>close</onclick>
<onclick>activatebla</onclick>

Edit:
the gotopath action does exactly the same. It closes the dialog and then updates the myvideonav container or activates the new window.
So this should also work
<onclick>RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=goto,path='"plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getseasonepisodes&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&idtype=episode"',target=videos)</oncli
@sualfred, no, I did not close it before!  I will test this shortly.  Thanks Smile

Regards,

Bart
I am getting an error on @sualfred's latest Embuary skin and Embuary Skin Helper when I try to update them.
Log
(2019-10-24, 06:12)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Log
It worked this morning, but your repo had an issue yesterday. I remember checking the logs and it said that the files did not exist.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Hi, I'm using the next up episode function and I love the option to add a tag for filter. 

Could be possible to use a playlist for filtering instead of a tag?

Thanks!
Nope. Playlists have their own filtering rules and they aren't available in the database.
Hi sualfred

First of all thank you very much for your work in this helper addon and for the TMDB info as well. I just started digging to these and hopefully will replace all these depreciated addons like extended info and skin helper service.

I saw in your wiki a function about changing/updating library info that i used to have in older versions of Bello using this old addon by phill. I always thought this function very useful and like to add it again to Bello (after all the code is till there). The problem is that i don't understand how i can make this working like phil's. I mean how can i give the choice to users to update certain fields in the database?. Phil's script was opening a select dialog and you could choose what to change. Plot, genre, duration etc. Is this possible with this function in your addon?

Thanks again for your excellent work.

Cheers
Nessus
In theory yes. But that would be a pita to create as a skin feature. I would create a custom dialog and store the existing informations in window properties to generate a own layouted "form" with fields that can be edited. Similar to the justselect method of skinshortcuts which people are using for widgets and own menu dialogs.

Isn't Phil's script not working anymore?
Phil's script is still working fine. It's just not in the official repo and the users have to install it manually. I thought i could replace it with your function but if for that i will need to create a new custom window layout with all the possible values, then i prefer to leave it like it is with phil's script.

Thanks anyway

Cheers
Nessus
Aye. I have a context menu library tag manager in my mind for the days when i'm getting bored. His addon usecase would also fit. Maybe I can offer you something when I found some hours to work on it.
That will be fine too but IMHO this belongs to your helper addon. After all you already have added a part of it in your script plus i hate the fact of installing several separate scripts for every little helping function in Kodi. In a perfect world skinners, they should integrate 2-3 extra addons for all additional features. It's a pity to see that you have added a cinema mode for replacing cinema experience addon and not this one or other simple functions like updating IMDB ratings.

But like you already said this was a helper for your skin and you are just sharing it. So, it's your choice to do whatever you like with it.

In any case thanks for all your work and for sharing it with the community.

Cheers
Nessus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28