Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.embuary.helper - a skin helper service / widgets alternative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Ah yeah... logic issue.
Fixed
I'm looking into replacing the skin helper script by this one as I'm trying to future proof my skin for Kodi Matrix and the need for a switch for Python v3. The only issue I'm having is a functionality of the skin helper script I'm using to offer a button to users that renames a set skinshortcuts widget in the skinshortcuts dialog:

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setskinshortcutsproperty,header=$LOCALIZE[528],property=widgetName)

Can the Embuary helper script, by any chance, replace that functionality?
Nope, no skinsettings feature. Better ask in the skinshortcuts thread for a direct feature like this. Splitting those things over different addons in a hacky way is nothing I want to add.
(2020-04-22, 18:52)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed

@sualfred, thanks! Indeed now the music backgrounds are showing.  However, the playlist ones are not.  They were before this version.  I tested by downgrading to the previous version and the playlist backgrounds work.  Any additional info that you would like me to send? Thanks.

This is how I am using the feature:

<control type="list" id="9989">
            <description>hidden container for playlist background using embuary helper</description>
            <posx>-20</posx>
            <posy>-20</posy>
            <width>1</width>
            <height>1</height>
            <include>AutoscrollTime</include>
            <itemlayout />
            <focusedlayout />
            <content sortby="random" limit="50">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getfanartsbypath&amp;path='"$INFO[Container(300).ListItem.Property(backgroundPlaylist)]"'&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</content>
        </control>

Regards,

Bart
haven't removed a temporary test. works again.
(2020-04-22, 22:02)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]haven't removed a temporary test. works again.
@sualfred , you have not uploaded to GitHub yet?

Regards,

Bart
Just pushed the Matrix branch by mistake.
(2020-04-23, 06:52)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Just pushed the Matrix branch by mistake.
@sualfred, thanks.  I just tested the latest from the Leia branch and all of the backgrounds are working.  Thank you so much for adding the functionality to Embuary Helper.

Regards,

Bart
np. is also available on the kodi repo now
(2020-04-22, 20:02)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no skinsettings feature. Better ask in the skinshortcuts thread for a direct feature like this. Splitting those things over different addons in a hacky way is nothing I want to add.

Yup, would prefer this as well. It should be part of the skinshortcuts script.

Another skin helper script part that I'd need to replace is the skin helper color picker script. Can the Embuary helper script replace that?
(2019-07-29, 10:39)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]@sualfred 
If i understand correctly i can now make visible the rotten tomatoes rating outside DialogVideoInfo.
The normal kodi internal rating InfoLabel? (nothing to do with the SkinHelper webservice InfoLabel)
Is it also possible for all other kodi supported extended ratings?

ListItem.Ratings(tomatometerallcritics)
ListItem.Votes(tomatometerallcritics)
ListItem.Ratings(tomatometerallaudience)
ListItem.Votes(tomatometerallaudience)
ListItem.Ratings(metacritic)
ListItem.Votes(metacritic)
ListItem.Ratings(imdb)
ListItem.Votes(imdb)
ListItem.Ratings(themoviedb)
ListItem.Votes(themoviedb)
ListItem.Ratings(metacritic)
ListItem.Votes(metacritic)
ListItem.Ratings(anidb)
ListItem.Votes(anidb)
Did you ever implement this in the skin you are using?
@Chillbo 
You can continue using the colorpicker script. I've ported it to Py3 and It's available in the Matrix repo.

@Edworld 
Embuary is just showing rotten ratings by the getbydbid invisible control "hack" of this script. Others should also be available if they exist.
(2020-04-24, 07:15)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@Chillbo 
You can continue using the colorpicker script. I've ported it to Py3 and It's available in the Matrix repo.

Great stuff. Thanks a lot for your great work! Blush
I have sadly to report a BUG

If you try to delete a profile [ Window(profiles) ; Settings.Profiles.xml ] , KODI will freeze, and you'll have to either restart your Device or Log Off and IN (via Ctrl + Alt + F4) if using Windows, or on Android you'll have to close Kodi App via 'built in' Active App Manager.

I tested with Enable/Disable the embuary helper, if i disabled it, erverything working flawless.

Any Idea whats causing that ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26