Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom item
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so first, im not sure where to post this because its not skin spastic, but here goes. i have the latest kodi and am using aeon tajo. but its not a problem with skins. i have my movies separated to different categories so i need custom menu items, i have movies, animated, adult...etc. when i go to select the default action it looks like this...
video library---sources---animated--- create item here---movies. now after i created that i go to the main menu to click on my custom animated and instead of it showing me my movie list it shows like a playlist view or something and i always have to click it to get into my movies. is there a way to set it up to just lead me into the movies?
@o0nightfire0o

Yes, it is a skin issue. I will move you to the Aeon Tajo forum.

Best you detail what method you used to separate movies into different categories.

Custom home items (wiki)
my movies are in separate folders in my computer and i add the different sources to kodi
showing me my movie list it shows like a playlist view or something and i always have to click it to get into my movies. is there a way to set it up to just lead me into the movies?
my movies are in separate folders in my computer and i add the different sources to kodi

you could do it with nodes
 (plugin.library.node.editor)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>mpeg link</label>
    <content>movies</content>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>E:\mpg\</value>
    </rule>
</node>

menu 
(if you make a custom folder in \library\video\ "folder" it will show up in video and you can add to favourites to get the link for the menu)
<favourite name="row1">ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml/,return)</favourite>
the link is ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/ypur file.xml/,return)
o0nightfire0o ' Wrote: [ -> ]my movies are in separate folders in my computer and i add the different sources to kodi

You can try to create your own smart pkaylists.

e.g.

Here is a working example,
(the "<!-- --> "everything between <!-- --> can simply deleted if wished and is just for commenting)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies in Movie-Source-Folder named Action</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"> <!-- using 'startswith' seems to need full path, when using android, may you like to use 'contains' instead -->
<value>\Action\</value> <!-- 'startswith' - H:\Filme\Action\ , 'contains' - '\Action\' -->
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order> <!-- 'ascending' or 'descending' for sorttitle , random (Note that random should be used with care - it is quite slow if the returned results from the <rule> sets is large e.g. more than 500 items ) -->
<limit>0</limit> <!-- The 'limit' tag simply takes a number of songs as it's limit. A missing limit tag, or <limit>0</limit> will retrieve all matches -->
<group>none</group> <!--https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Grouping tag allows to group the resulting list of media items by a specific category. The final list will consist of folder nodes containing matching media items.
Depending on the type of the Smart Playlist the following grouping categories exist
none , genres , years , actors , artists , directors , writers , studios , countries , sets , tags -->
</smartplaylist>

(2019-07-24, 03:25)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]showing me my movie list it shows like a playlist view or something and i always have to click it to get into my movies. is there a way to set it up to just lead me into the movies?

you could do it with nodes
 (plugin.library.node.editor)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>mpeg link</label>
    <content>movies</content>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>E:\mpg\</value>
    </rule>
</node>

menu 
(if you make a custom folder in \library\video\ "folder" it will show up in video and you can add to favourites to get the link for the menu)
<favourite name="row1">ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml/,return)</favourite>
the link is ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/ypur file.xml/,return)
IS NOTORIOUS FOR FORGETTING FAVOURITES
WILL DO THE SAME THING AS O.P.'S ORIGINAL PROBLEM