Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Windows focus problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a strange problem with Kodi where Kodi is not in focus after stopping a movie or TV show.

I am using auto refresh rate, so for example when I play a film my TV switches from 60Hz to 24hz and this works fine.
When I stop this movie, the refresh rate reverts to 60Hz and it returns to Kodi, but Kodi does not register key presses from the keyboard.
It just beeps, and when I hit enter, it toggles fullsceen/Windowed Screen on Kodi.
If I alt tab to a different program (any program) twice and then back to Kodi, it works again.

Any idea what might be causing this or what is stealing the focus away from Kodi?

I am running Kodi DSPlayer 17.6 with MadVR on a Windows 7 PC which is connected to a TV.
(2019-07-22, 17:23)lardners Wrote: [ -> ]I am running Kodi DSPlayer 17.6 with MadVR on a Windows 7 PC
Load up Kodi Leia in 'portable mode' https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable and see if that behavior follows this installation. In the unlikely event you still have an issue. please submit a proper debug log displaying those characteristics. Suggestion: re-evaluate reasons to run DSPlayer, it's likely you might be able to achieve satisfactory results with Leia or Leia with an external player and MadVR.