Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi advancedsettings.xml on smart tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not strictly Kodi problem.
Is there any way to edit, or copy advancedsettings.xml to a phillips smart tv running kodi?

I am running kodi on several mini PCs, and all data is on a network share and database is on mysql.
I'd like to use kodi on my nwe smart tv the same way, and remove the mini PC in the living room.

Thanks
Prepare the file on a normal PC, and put it into a share that can be accessed by the install of Kodi on the TV.

Then use the file manager in Kodi to shift it from that share to the correct place (the userdata (wiki) folder on the TV's install) then reboot and it should be read and acted on.
(2019-07-24, 09:37)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Prepare the file on a normal PC, and put it into a share that can be accessed by the install of Kodi on the TV.

Then use the file manager in Kodi to shift it from that share to the correct place (the userdata (wiki) folder on the TV's install) then reboot and it should be read and acted on.
Thanks!
(2019-07-24, 09:37)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Prepare the file on a normal PC, and put it into a share that can be accessed by the install of Kodi on the TV.

But there is no "Copy" or "Move" option when I open the option list in KODI file manager on TV
(2020-11-30, 21:42)camper2000 Wrote: [ -> ]But there is no "Copy" or "Move" option when I open the option list in KODI file manager on TV
That happens if you have not selected a valid destination in the right panel to move the file to. See steps 6 onwards here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access
(2020-11-30, 21:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-30, 21:42)camper2000 Wrote: [ -> ]But there is no "Copy" or "Move" option when I open the option list in KODI file manager on TV
That happens if you have not selected a valid destination in the right panel to move the file to. See steps 6 onwards here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access

It is OK now. Thank you for your help.
What I thought is following the same flow in Windows: copy -> go to destination -> paste, but in KODI we need to select destination before copy Smile