Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Doesn't start video from some library nodes + some other NFO related library issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...or I maybe doing something wrong.

Anyway I've just discovered the possibility of using NFO files and am playing with the sample NFO file available at NFO files/Music videos of kodi.wiki.

I have created the NFO file of the same name as the directory it is placed to. Now my test NFO looks like the folowing (sorry, I don't understand how to hide this huge piece of code):

Code:
<musicvideo>
  <title>Artifact</title>
  <userrating></userrating>
  <top250></top250>
  <track></track>
  <album>This Is War</album>
  <outline></outline>
  <plot>The film follows rock band Thirty Seconds to Mars as they first learn of and then begin to fight a $30 million lawsuit brought by record label EMI.</plot>
  <tagline></tagline>
  <runtime>0</runtime>
  <thumb preview="/preview"></thumb>
  <mpaa></mpaa>
  <playcount></playcount>
  <lastplayed></lastplayed>
  <file></file>
  <path></path>
  <filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
  <basepath></basepath>
  <id></id>
  <genre>Rock</genre>
  <tag></tag>
  <director>Bartholomew Cubbins</director>
  <year>2012</year>
  <status></status>
  <code></code>
  <aired></aired>
  <studio>Sisyphus Corporation</studio>
  <trailer></trailer>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <codec></codec>
        <language>English</language>
        <channels>2</channels>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <artist>30 Seconds To Mars</artist>
  <resume>
    <position></position>
    <total></total>
  </resume>
  <dateadded></dateadded>
  <art>
    <fanart></fanart>
    <poster></poster>
  </art>
</musicvideo>

With such NFO file I only able to start the Blu-Ray from the Recently added and Titles nodes. All other nodes are showing the Blu-Ray with correct title but unable to start is playing.

When I was editing the sample NFO (which is a U2 based) I have forgotten to replace the content of the <album></album> tag, and now after replacing its content with the correct one and updating the library I still have The Joshua Tree as the album name.

So I have manually removed this Blu-Ray from the library through Manage->Remove from library, but since that this Blu-Ray can not be added to the library anymore, even after updating library, restarting KODI and updating library, restarting the whole PC and updating library... no way it can be added to the library again once it was manually removed.

But it was easily added back to the library with the same NFO file as soon as I have replaced my KODI user folder with its backup.

I have also noticed that removing the sources doesn't remove the videos from the Videos library, even after additionally updating the library by hands.

The KODI version is 18.2.