Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to install kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All, ive just bought an android box (h96 max).
When i go to play store and look for kodi it has options update or open, when i select open it opens rkmc which was preloaded on the box, if i try and download it via the kodi website it starts the installation process but then comes up with message 'app not installed' with no other information.
I figured rkmc was the same as kodi but the none of the builds ive tried to install seem to work.
Has anyone had any similar issues or have any advice?

Thanks
You'd have to uninstall rkmc before you can install Kodi.

It's Rockchip's fork of Kodi, which they obviously haven't bothered to change the app ID for. Hence it's clashing with our original version, so the Play Store things you've already got Kodi installed but the two aren't compatible in terms of updating etc.

Alternatively contact them and see if there's any updated versions if you want to stay on their one rather than ours (which we don't support).
(2019-07-27, 11:22)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have to uninstall rkmc before you can install Kodi.

It's Rockchip's fork of Kodi, which they obviously haven't bothered to change the app ID for. Hence it's clashing with our original version, so the Play Store things you've already got Kodi installed but the two aren't compatible in terms of updating etc.

Alternatively contact them and see if there's any updated versions if you want to stay on their one rather than ours (which we don't support).
hi can someone help me how to remove rkmc from h96 max tv box so e can install kodi 18.4 please thanx
(2019-09-07, 03:15)dalp Wrote: [ -> ]hi can someone help me how to remove rkmc

Using an internet search engine can help from time to time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryleTXOXlw
(2019-09-07, 13:20)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-07, 03:15)dalp Wrote: [ -> ]hi can someone help me how to remove rkmc

Using an internet search engine can help from time to time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryleTXOXlw

Hi, I used this system app uninstaller to remove RKMC however all it did was corrupt the file and now I can’t click it without it saying it is unable to load. I’ve then disabled it just to see if I could install kodi but when I go to the play store it asks me to enable kodi again so the system thinks RKMC is Kodi but the whole file is corrupt and no system app uninstaller is actually working. Can anyone help?
I have same box, I disabled the rkmc 18.1 that came with it and installed Kodi 18.5, then I used a build I like, not mentioning the name of the build, on the second box in my mother's house I disabled also and installed Kodi 18.5 build with another name, it is Kodi but with another name, so far no complaints, both H96 Max work flawless.....just my 2 cents...........
And even if there are complaints, as you've violated the piracy policy (wiki) with both boxes, don't come running to us.
(2020-02-01, 23:17)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]And even if there are complaints, as you've violated the piracy policy (wiki) with both boxes, don't come running to us.

Kodi 18.5 is installed, that is what the. OP wanted, also if the box has Root why can't we uninstall the Kodi that came with the box with the name of the Chip the box has?
@IPTVKid - I meant the fact that you've contaminated both of your boxes with builds, which are obviously banned addons (wiki) given your reticence to name them. Hence they are unsupported here.

Most of these boxes have some modified version of Kodi to work around their normally broken firmwares etc, but as they generally don't know to (or bother to) change the app ID then it blocks the "proper" Kodi being installed on them.
(2020-02-03, 22:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@IPTVKid - I meant the fact that you've contaminated both of your boxes with builds, which are obviously banned addons (wiki) given your reticence to name them. Hence they are unsupported here.

Most of these boxes have some modified version of Kodi to work around their normally broken firmwares etc, but as they generally don't know to (or bother to) change the app ID then it blocks the "proper" Kodi being installed on them.
Now I understand why, the reason I don't mention names is because I understand in the forum's rules we can't mention names nor information outside the forum, the Box came with Kodi 18.1 but the logo (shortcut) says RKMC as the Chip of the Box is not Amlogic is Rockchip and MC I think is Media Center.......I am sure they don't bother to take the time and upgrade what they started, that is why I prefer to uninstall their version and install a fresh Kodi download...... thank you for your time and information.
RKMC is a Rockchip fork of Kodi, but as noted one that they've only partially done and so it clashes with our "real" Kodi due to sharing package IDs etc. Hence having both on the same device is not possible, if you want to put one on you have to remove any pre-existing installs of the other. And as it's a 3rd party vendor fork that we don't know what they've changed inside it, we do not support it.
(2020-02-06, 13:30)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]RKMC is a Rockchip fork of Kodi, but as noted one that they've only partially done and so it clashes with our "real" Kodi due to sharing package IDs etc. Hence having both on the same device is not possible, if you want to put one on you have to remove any pre-existing installs of the other. And as it's a 3rd party vendor fork that we don't know what they've changed inside it, we do not support it.
That I understand, it is better to just download a fresh Kodi to the box from Kodi directly not from Google store, that is how I do it and have never found problems with Kodi installation......
They are exactly the same. We provide the direct download option for those who have devices without the Play Store, and also for those who may need an older version for various reasons.
(2020-02-09, 23:02)IPTVKid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-06, 13:30)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]RKMC is a Rockchip fork of Kodi, but as noted one that they've only partially done and so it clashes with our "real" Kodi due to sharing package IDs etc. Hence having both on the same device is not possible, if you want to put one on you have to remove any pre-existing installs of the other. And as it's a 3rd party vendor fork that we don't know what they've changed inside it, we do not support it.
That I understand, it is better to just download a fresh Kodi to the box from Kodi directly not from Google store, that is how I do it and have never found problems with Kodi installation......
have h96 max with rkmc installed (along with mc - media centre, which refuses to open). would like proper kodi (info wall, etc.,) but there's no 'uninstall' under the rkmc app?

running android 9

how do you uninstall rkmc and media centre?

tia
Pages: 1 2