Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Distorted movies music (and only music)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ubuntu 18.04, Kodi 2:18.3+git20190621.1610-final-0bionic, ffmpeg: 7:3.4.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1.

When watching a movie the music in the movie is distorted, as in an old tape which would play slower, then faster. I did not notice anything in the dialogues (but the dialogues may not be long/stable enough to catch this).

This started after some update a few weeks/months ago. I thought that I had movies which were not encoded correctly, but when watching them with VLC on a phone I realized they are perfectly fine.

I would appreciate very much any help -- I have no problems digging in the system, juste have zero knowledge of how sound works on Linux, being a purely server and command line guy (in other words you ask me to recompile - fine, you ask me whether I use pulsaudio or the other one whose name I forgot - I will be lost Smile Thank you for your consideration with that)
Sorry, cannot find where to edit the post - I forgot to add the debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/tidadawotu.kodi