Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I change the episodes of episode 1 and 100 from "1" & "100" to "001" & "100"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty much the title, I'm not using kodi but I'm running plex through a ps4 on the media server app. The episodes are fine and playing correctly, the process of accessing the media is a lot cleaner and simpler for users in the house to go through that app instead of plex but the episodes that were named, as far as i can tell, were named through TMM that I ran, but it has episodes named as 1, and 100, so instead of seeing the next episodes on the ps4 you're seeing it in the order Episode 1,10,100 basically.
You can have this for the filename, but for the NFO/XML, this is not possible.
A number is a number, and cannot have leading zeroes.
Also this should not solve your problem - a correct sorting algorithm in that app should! (sorting by number instead of text)
(2019-07-31, 09:21)myron Wrote: [ -> ]You can have this for the filename, but for the NFO/XML, this is not possible.
A number is a number, and cannot have leading zeroes.
Also this should not solve your problem - a correct sorting algorithm in that app should! (sorting by number instead of text)

Alright, so looking at it, I noticed with the problem children for a recent fix, the file names were weird and I fixed that because of what you mentioned, and the problem is still there and I've now confirmed it's not the filename, its likely because of NFO, the PS4 sorts the titles based on what TMM gave, which they all start with either "Sx Ex" or "Sx Exx", with no padding to account for 10 not being after 1, so if I'm to accomplish, continuation of the media player app since no sorting options exist, I'm currently thinking of removing the nfo's and any info TMM gave, unless you have any other suggestions, for example, some other program to use for metadata automation, or how best to clean the files from TMM
I don't know how the PS4/Plex does sort things, but there is surely no "Sx Exx" pattern inside of the NFO.
If a title (!) starts with that, then it might not have been scraped at all...? (but... sorting by title doesn't look right to me for episode listings?)

The filenames of course might be named like this, and CAN have a leading zero.... just check the renamer patterns...

Better ask the Plex guys what is wrong with your setup/structure...