Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi volume much lower than Android box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have Kodi Leia 18.2 running on an Android DroidBox.

The clicks in the Android interface are at a perfectly reasonable volume. As is iPlayer and other Apps.

Kodi, however, is much, much quieter. The menu clicks are virtually inaudible.

I can increase the volume on my soundbar but if I forget to bring it back down then the TV is horrendously loud when I switch back to FreeSat.

I have googled and found references to amplifying the Kodi output and that does work but it seems to create some distortion on the quality of the sound.  20 db increase is "ok" but I still have to increase my soundbar a bit. 40db means I can leave the soundbar alone but the playback is not good.

Amplification doesn't get me the interface clicks back either and I like those as confirmation I have "chosen" something.

I didn't have to set amplification before. Kodi used to be at the same volume as Android I am sure.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to normalise the volumes between Android and Kodi?

Thanks

Simon
(2019-07-31, 11:47)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Try "Volume Up"... https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Hi

Thanks for that. I don't have a keyboard set-up for my Android box but I can do TV Mirror from a Android tablet and by chance yesterday I found I could adjust the volume from there so same as Volume Up I guess.

Everything back as it was now. Hoping doesn't happen again!

Thanks

Simon
If necessary there should also be a volume setting on the on-screen display when you're playing something (it's in the audio menu, and is in decibels).
(2019-08-01, 15:13)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If necessary there should also be a volume setting on the on-screen display when you're playing something (it's in the audio menu, and is in decibels).

Hi

Yes, I found the amplification one but that was creating distortion. Somehow Android itself was at a lower volume even though the Android interface and iPlayer had seemed OK to me.

All fixed now and I think I can repeat the fix if it happens again!

Simon