Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-02-19, 10:37)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-19, 03:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, yeah I'm not sure how I missed that about service monitor. It's the year matching issue again (first season matches tvshow year but rest don't of course). Should be fixed now.

Air time / date etc. work fine for me. They rely on Trakt having info for that episode though. If it isn't working for any shows at all (I had a couple it didn't get info for, but majority did) then can you get me debug log. 
All good now. I wasn't getting any info because i was using the wrong path for the list. With the following path everything working fine...
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=library_nextaired&type=episode&startdate=0&days=365&widget=True&localdb=True

One last small thing is the date and the time format not following the system format...

If is not so much trouble it will be nice to have these in system's format. Other than that everything else are working fine and thank you very much for this nice addition.

Cheers
Nessus

Okay should now follow system region format.
ListItem.Premiered will be in short date format
ListItem.Property(air_date) will be in long date format
ListItem.Property(air_time) will be in time format without seconds
ListItem.Property(air_day) will be the day of week
@jurialmunkey 
Great!. All looking good now. Thank you very much!

Cheers
Nessus
@jurialmunkey , thanks for the updates!

How do I get the library next aired for just today? startdate=0, days=1 gives me tomorrow's episodes, not todays.  The folderpath when browsing the pluign has the same thing for Today and Tomorrow.

Also, while testing with startdate=0, days=1, the plugin does not return all of my next airing episodes for tomorrow, and returns an episode that airs on the 28/02.  This happens both browsing the plugin and when using it in a widget.  For example, the episode airing tomorrow for Last Man Standing (2011), Young Sheldon, Outmatched and Indebted are not returned, and the episode airing on 28/02 for Babylon Berlin is returned.

Any ideas? Any additional info you would like me to send you?

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-19, 22:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey , thanks for the updates!

How do I get the library next aired for just today? startdate=0, days=1 gives me tomorrow's episodes, not todays.  The folderpath when browsing the pluign has the same thing for Today and Tomorrow.

Also, while testing with startdate=0, days=1, the plugin does not return all of my next airing episodes for tomorrow, and returns an episode that airs on the 28/02.  This happens both browsing the plugin and when using it in a widget.  For example, the episode airing tomorrow for Last Man Standing (2011), Young Sheldon, Outmatched and Indebted are not returned, and the episode airing on 28/02 for Babylon Berlin is returned.

Regards,

Bart
It's possible that there is a mismatch between tmdb next aired data and trakt. Essentially I'm getting the next aired data from tmdb and sorting using that, and then I'm getting data from trakt to populate the fields about dates.

Are you certain those episodes are meant to be in that list and that the ones on the 28th definitely are on that date? I'm trying to figure out what data is wrong - if it's the wrong episodes in the list, then it's tmdb that's wrong. If it's the wrong dates and times then it is trakt that is wrong.
(2020-02-19, 23:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-19, 22:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey , thanks for the updates!

Regards,

Bart
It's possible that there is a mismatch between tmdb next aired data and trakt. Essentially I'm getting the next aired data from tmdb and sorting using that, and then I'm getting data from trakt to populate the fields about dates.

Are you certain those episodes are meant to be in that list and that the ones on the 28th definitely are on that date? I'm trying to figure out what data is wrong - if it's the wrong episodes in the list, then it's tmdb that's wrong. If it's the wrong dates and times then it is trakt that is wrong.  
@jurialmunkey , for the episode on the 28th there seems to be a date mismatch between tmdb and trakt, since the air date in tmdb for that episode is the 20th. 

For the episodes that are supposed to be on the 20th, but are not appearing, they should appear.  I checked them in tmdb and they all have air date of the 20th.  I also checked on trakt.tv and the air date is the 20th.

Please also remember to let me know how to get the episodes that are airing today, instead of tomorrow.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bartt
@bsoriano - Okay, I think the calendar dates should be fixed now (looks like I was out by one).

I just added Young Sheldon to my library to test and it is showing correctly for me (it's bumped to tomorrow for me due to timezone).
https://i.imgur.com/vQBM4mK.jpg

Last Man Standing doesn't have an upcoming episode listed on tmdb:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/39297-last...g/season/8
(2020-02-20, 00:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Okay, I think the calendar dates should be fixed now (looks like I was out by one).

I just added Young Sheldon to my library to test and it is showing correctly for me (it's bumped to tomorrow for me due to timezone).

@jurialmunkey , thanks for the fix.  Now the episodes for today are showing up with an air date of today.

You are correct about Last Man Standing.  It seems that I just looked at it in trakt.tv, where it does have an upcoming episode.  I imagine trakt.tv is synced with thetvdb.  I noticed that for several shows, trakt.tv and thetvdb show an upcoming episode, but themoviedb does not.

I am still having issues, though.  For example, for today I am not getting the episode for 68 Whiskey, or Lego Masters, or The Magicians.  All three of those have an upcoming episode today in themoviedb.  Also, for some reason, I am still not getting Young Sheldon for tomorrow.

And finally, if more than one episode for the same show is being aired on a particular date, only the first one is shown.  For example, Criminal Minds has two episodes airing today, s15e09 and s15e10.  Only s15e09 is being shown.

Please let me know if there is any additional info that you would like me to send you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-20, 00:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 00:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Okay, I think the calendar dates should be fixed now (looks like I was out by one).

@jurialmunkey , thanks for the fix.  Now the episodes for today are showing up with an air date of today.

You are correct about Last Man Standing.  It seems that I just looked at it in trakt.tv, where it does have an upcoming episode.  I imagine trakt.tv is synced with thetvdb.  I noticed that for several shows, trakt.tv and thetvdb show an upcoming episode, but themoviedb does not.

I am still having issues, though.  For example, for today I am not getting the episode for 68 Whiskey, or Lego Masters, or The Magicians.  All three of those have an upcoming episode today in themoviedb.  Also, for some reason, I am still not getting Young Sheldon for tomorrow.

And finally, if more than one episode for the same show is being aired on a particular date, only the first one is shown.  For example, Criminal Minds has two episodes airing today, s15e09 and s15e10.  Only s15e09 is being shown.

Please let me know if there is any additional info that you would like me to send you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Multiple episodes are not going to be possible with this implementation. That's where you would need a next aired script that is caching data in the background.

I think I might switch to an implementation using just trakt for the next aired info and only relying on tmdb for the details (eg plot poster etc), as I think trakt probably has more up to date info for next airing tvshows and I think that might solve some of these issues.
(2020-02-20, 01:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 00:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart 
Multiple episodes are not going to be possible with this implementation. That's where you would need a next aired script that is caching data in the background.

I think I might switch to an implementation using just trakt for the next aired info and only relying on tmdb for the details (eg plot poster etc), as I think trakt probably has more up to date info for next airing tvshows and I think that might solve some of these issues. 
@jurialmunkey , understood, thanks.

I agree with you about the benefits of just trakt for next aired info, as it is synced with thetvdb.  I await the updates to test and incorporate in Amber. Smile

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano @nessus - Please test latest version of the Next Aired Library implementation.

I'm now pulling data straight from Trakt and just using TMDb for extra details about the show. This implementation seems to be much much faster.

EDIT: And now with timezone adjustment working too.
(2020-02-20, 10:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano @nessus - Please test latest version of the Next Aired Library implementation.

I'm now pulling data straight from Trakt and just using TMDb for extra details about the show. This implementation seems to be much much faster.

@jurialmunkey , thanks for the update! It is certainly faster.  However, it seems to be shifted one day backwards.  Today shows the shows for yesterday, and Tomorrow shows today's, and so on.  Is that an error or something I need to change on my end? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-20, 16:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 10:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano @nessus - Please test latest version of the Next Aired Library implementation.

@jurialmunkey , thanks for the update! It is certainly faster.  However, it seems to be shifted one day backwards.  Today shows the shows for yesterday, and Tomorrow shows today's, and so on.  Is that an error or something I need to change on my end? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Okay I think it should hopefully be fixed now -- timezones are a pain!
(2020-02-21, 00:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 16:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart 

@jurialmunkey , unfortunately, it is not.  I even deleted simplecache.db to ensure that nothing was cached.  I am still getting yesterday's shows for today.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-02-21, 00:24)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-21, 00:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 16:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey , thanks for the update! It is certainly faster.  However, it seems to be shifted one day backwards.  Today shows the shows for yesterday, and Tomorrow shows today's, and so on.  Is that an error or something I need to change on my end? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

@jurialmunkey , unfortunately, it is not.  I even deleted simplecache.db to ensure that nothing was cached.  I am still getting yesterday's shows for today.

Regards,

Bart
It's working correctly for me now but I may just be lucky in terms of timezones.

By yesterday's shows do you mean the date in ListItem.Premiered is showing yesterday's date? Or do you mean the date being shown correctly matches today's date but it should actually be yesterday's date?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the issue you are encountering is with the date conversion (i.e. dates/times being converted to the wrong values) or filtering method (i.e. dates/times are correct but items are not in the correct folder).
(2020-02-21, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-21, 00:24)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-21, 00:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I think it should hopefully be fixed now -- timezones are a pain! 

Regards,

Bart
It's working correctly for me now but I may just be lucky in terms of timezones.

By yesterday's shows do you mean the date in ListItem.Premiered is showing yesterday's date? Or do you mean the date being shown correctly matches today's date but it should actually be yesterday's date?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the issue you are encountering is with the date conversion (i.e. dates/times being converted to the wrong values) or filtering method (i.e. dates/times are correct but items are not in the correct folder).

@jurialmunkey, if I select Today, I get shows with air date of 19/2/2020. They are the correct shows for that date.

Regards,

Bart