Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-03-08, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey , another user was asking about being able to display in the OSD for an episode, "Episode xx of yy", in which yy is the total number of episodes in the season.  Would this number of episodes in the season be something that you can add to the service monitor details for an episode?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
What about Container.NumItems - wouldn't that work?
(2022-03-08, 23:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What about Container.NumItems - wouldn't that work?

@jurialmunkey , if I am showing the OSD for an episode, which container would that be? My apologies if I am not seeing something obvious.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-03-08, 23:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-08, 23:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What about Container.NumItems - wouldn't that work?

@jurialmunkey , if I am showing the OSD for an episode, which container would that be? My apologies if I am not seeing something obvious.

Regards,

Bart

Sorry, what do you mean by OSD? The Seekbar for FullScreenVideo?

EDIT: FYI Latest Git version (v4.6.29) now allows for accessing season properties
e.g. to get number of episodes in the season for the episode use:
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDBHelper.ListItem.Season.Episode)]
and in the player:
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDBHelper.Player.Season.Episode)]

You will need to refresh the item details cache and restart Kodi for old items to refresh their details
TMDbH Settings > Expert > Delete Cache > Delete Item Cache
(2022-03-08, 23:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

posted a example here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3090051
(2022-03-09, 03:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: FYI Latest Git version (v4.6.29) now allows for accessing season properties
e.g. to get number of episodes in the season for the episode use:

Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDBHelper.ListItem.Season.Episode)]
and in the player:

Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDBHelper.Player.Season.Episode)]
You will need to refresh the item details cache and restart Kodi for old items to refresh their details
TMDbH Settings > Expert > Delete Cache > Delete Item Cache

@jurialmunkey , thanks! The listitem property works great, but the player one does not.  It is only filled once, after I delete the item details cache, but after the first time, it is always empty.  Here's a Kodi debug log with tmdb helper debug logging turned on as well: https://pastebin.com/rH6pPXkf

Please let me know if you need any additional info.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Updated to version 4.6.4.1 which works great & fixed the errors I was getting when displaying links for 1 addon. But I'm still getting an error when trying to display links for the Tv show "SuperPumped" or the movie "The Little Things" and others, when I use the addon The C#*w. Thanks for all your hard work on this great addon.
Jurialmunkey:

Would you consider adding tvshows imdb top250?

https://trakt.tv/users/justin/lists/imdb...t=rank,asc

Would you also consider adding the number of metacritic reviews by critics?

Thanks
(2022-04-04, 00:52)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey:

Would you consider adding tvshows imdb top250?

https://trakt.tv/users/justin/lists/imdb...t=rank,asc

Would you also consider adding the number of metacritic reviews by critics?

Thanks

Top250 for tvshows added to service monitor in 4.6.46
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ed75bcf57b
Outputs to same property as for movies - $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Top250)]

Metacritic review count isn't possible as OMDb doesn't provide that data.
Jurialmunkey:

Your plugin combined with traktv is very powerful and I don't recall any other one able to identify:

AFI100
https://trakt.tv/users/sp1ti/lists/afi-s...t=rank,asc

Rottentomato Top100
https://trakt.tv/users/lish408/lists/rot...t=rank,asc

Metacritics have a couple of lists but they do not mention how often they are updated
@jurialmunkey,

I left a POST in the Amber thread in regards to the TMDB Helper not showing what's Airing Today because I was not sure if @bsoriano would be able to assist me with this.

PS. This was not meant to be a double post.

Regards,

Shedrock
I use Arctic Horizon skin and I have as a widget trakt- your next episodes.
The problem I have is that doesn't automatically refresh in order appear the new episodes. Even if I use reload skin doesn't show any new episodes.
The only way appear the new stuff is to watch something (or manually mark an episode as watched) so it is forsed to recheck trakt.
I don't know if it can be done something about that and I don't know if its Arctic horizon "problem" or moviedb

Στάλθηκε από το XQ-AS52 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(2022-04-15, 17:45)AnDas Wrote: [ -> ]I use Arctic Horizon skin and I have as a widget trakt- your next episodes.
The problem I have is that doesn't automatically refresh in order appear the new episodes. Even if I use reload skin doesn't show any new episodes.
The only way appear the new stuff is to watch something (or manually mark an episode as watched) so it is forsed to recheck trakt.
I don't know if it can be done something about that and I don't know if its Arctic horizon "problem" or moviedb

Στάλθηκε από το XQ-AS52 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure that I fixed this issue quite a while ago.

What version of TMDbHelper are you using? The version on the official Kodi repo is fairly out of date.

I recommend using the latest github version (v4.7.9) - https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...tag/v4.7.9
Hello @jurialmunkey.

I have noticed a problem with the new version of The Moviedb Helper.
Cast-thumbs are no longer displayed.

I had to remove themoviedb.helper from my cast thumb variable, then it worked again.
Cast-thumbs are then displayed with SHS which is actually my fallback.

Here is my original variable:
xml:
<!-- Cast ContainerContent -->
    <variable name="EmbuaryCast">
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,set)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getsetcast&type=movie&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBID,0)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=movie&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBID,0)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=movie&title='$ESCINFO[ListItem.Title]'</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBID,0)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=tvshow&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBID,0)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=tvshow&title='$ESCINFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]'</value>
        <value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=tvshow&title='$ESCINFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]'</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem(1).DBID)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=tvshow&title='$ESCINFO[ListItem(1).TVShowTitle]'</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem(2).DBID)">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getcast&type=tvshow&title='$ESCINFO[ListItem(2).TVShowTitle]'</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=cast&type=movie&tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]</value>
        <value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=cast&type=tv&tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBTYPE) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&$INFO[ListItem.DBTYPE]=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&downloadthumbs=true</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBTYPE)">plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&$INFO[ListItem.DBTYPE]=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&downloadthumbs=true</value>
    </variable>

ImageImage
Any idea why ratings are not displayed? tmdb displays zero and imdb doesnt even show up

(2022-04-20, 13:02)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @jurialmunkey.

I have noticed a problem with the new version of The Moviedb Helper.
Cast-thumbs are no longer displayed.

I had to remove themoviedb.helper from my cast thumb variable, then it worked again.
Cast-thumbs are then displayed with SHS which is actually my fallback.

Works fine for me. Make sure that you're using ListItem.Icon (or ListItem.Art(poster) also works) and not ListItem.Thumb or ListItem.Art(thumb)
ListItem.Thumb was depreciated in Matrix and ListItem.Art(thumb) is specifically intended to be video thumbnails so is the incorrect type.

Prior to Matrix ListItem.Art(thumb), ListItem.Thumb, and ListItem.Icon were all aliases for one another but they were separated in Matrix. Many plugins still incorrectly fill Art(thumb) with Icon hence why you're seeing it still work for SHS (and why it worked in older version of TMDbH before I fixed it to match the depreciation of Thumb).