Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-08-15, 02:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]If you search prey using its imdb id via the api site you can clearly see it has no ratings. Can't magically get data that doesn't exist!
Thanks for the response. Didn't know how the API worked exactly. I assumed it pulls ratings automatically but I guess these things have to get added manually.

I have a different problem. I use tmdb helper to add tv shows to my kodi library. It all works rather well. I open tmdb helper, search a show I want to add and then use add to library via the context menu. I use the default tv show path (kodi profile folder).

My problem is whenever I decide to remove a show from my library (making sure the corresponding folder is actually deleted) and later re-add it, tmdb helper either wont add anything at all (no folder created) or will only add a entry for the show but no seasons, or only some episodes. It' seems completely random and the issues never occur when I add a show to my libary for the first time. Sometimes restarting Kodi fixes it, sometimes nothing I do fixes it. Already tried to use a different tv show folder (on external drive), didn't fix it.

I'm using the latest kodi version from the play store on my 2019 nvidia shield with the latest version of Arctic Horizon 2.
Hello  @jurialmunkey .

Is there an option in "Your Next Episodes", only show episodes that are in the kodi database? 
At the moment TMDB.helper shows everything I started watching, and also tv-shows that are no longer in my video database.
If it is possible, could you add such a function to TMDB.Helper that only shows episodes of tv shows that are in the kodi database? 
Or have i just overlooked this function? 

TIA
Hi there, I really love this addon, it is amazing.
I do have a question.
From trakt I imported my own list into my kodi library, now I would like to import another list (for example Most populair imdb movies from a trakt list).
Is it possible that this will get an own filter in my movies database and kodi so that this list is not mixed with my own favorite list ?
Using this on Nexus (pre-release 3).
I have selected that tmdb should be the default rating. I have also selected imdb as nr2. But nr2 never shows. If I change to imdb as default only imdb shows.
(2022-10-14, 20:43)Bigdrago Wrote: [ -> ]Using this on Nexus (pre-release 3).
I have selected that tmdb should be the default rating. I have also selected imdb as nr2. But nr2 never shows. If I change to imdb as default only imdb shows.
I think youre in the wrong place. This isn't a library scraper. You can't select a "default" rating with Tmdbhelper - it doesn't work like that.
Edit: disregard, fixed from refreshing info.

Small thing -- getting incorrect ratings for a particular movie.  The rest of the metadata is correct, and I checked on https://www.omdbapi.com/ to make sure it's not an issue on their end, and got the proper results. 

Should be: 

(2022-10-18, 23:16)ntilikp Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: disregard, fixed from refreshing info.

Small thing -- getting incorrect ratings for a particular movie.  The rest of the metadata is correct, and I checked on https://www.omdbapi.com/ to make sure it's not an issue on their end, and got the proper results. 

Should be: 

If the movie doesn't have an imdb number in its metadata then tmdbhelper has to guess by searching the item.

What it does is searches title on TMDb and takes first result where year matches.

You are almost certainly getting a match for the movie "nobody knows anything" which is also from 2004 but appears higher in the search results

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=Nobody%20Knows

There's no much I can do about it. I can't make title matches stricter because a lot of addons tend to add crap to the title like the year on the end or colour tags etc and then those would fail.

Plus even with a "good" title there might be minor variations between sources eg the movie "Alien 3" is sometimes stylised as "Alien³" or the movie "Terminator 2" is sometimes called "Terminator 2: Judgement Day". Strict matches would mean these fail
@jurialmunkey

Can I ask you how to get the information through the recalls on TheMovieDb Helper addon, because I can get some information (basic information), while for the others, such as the ratings (IMDB, Rotterdam, Metacritic, ...) and other types such as the Awards (Awards, total_awards_won, total_awards_nominated, ...), it doesn't give me anything back.
I checked through other addons (embuary info script) and this information is there, only in this addon (TheMovieDb Helper) I can't get it.

Example:

In movie information: (DialogVideoInfo panel)

xml:
<control type="button">
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1106),plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&query=$INFO[ListItem.Property(Awards)],return</onclick>
</control>

And in window 1106:

xml:
<control type="label">
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Awards)]</label>
</control>

or also by simply entering the string in DialogVideoInfo:

xml:
<control type="label">
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Awards)]</label>
</control>

It never returns this content to me, while the simpler ones (ListItem.Property(Budget), ListItem.OriginalTitle, ...) it always returns them.

I have already entered the 2 API keys in the settings of the adoon, but it does not return this information to me anyway.

How do i return these items too?
Am I wrong with the code?

Thanks for your help 🙏
@alberto1998

Those awards and ratings properties are only available via the service monitor. They are not available directly in the list.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with your onclick action but it is definitely incorrect.

The wiki on tmdbhelper github documents how to setup the service monitor

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ce-Monitor

This functions similar to skin helper in that it provides additional data for the focused item by outputting it to a window property

(I suggest sticking to the window property method for the service monitor as the container method is more advanced and only recommended for experienced skinners)
I'm using tmbd helper with ah2 skin. Currently when I go to info, and click to play a trailer, it just does nothing (as though I didn't even click the button).

I don't think this is am issue with either addon, as I am running the same setup on an identical device and it plays trailers just fine.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to try and get it working again...
Ok. Fixed it. Magically my YouTube add-on was not installed anymore. Go figure!

LOVE tmdb helper and AH2! Great work jurialmunkey!
It occurred to me that "The Great British Bake Off" TV Show has two TMDB IDs (34549, and 87012 for when they switched networks). 
The current airing one has the tmdb id 87012, and is listed as "continuing" on themoviedb.com. 

When browsing themoviedb helper add-on, both shows are listed, but the id 87012 is also displayed as "canceled". 
The latest episode info also equals that of 34549. 

How might this have happened? Where does this add-on fetch this information? My local nfo files are correct.
@jurialmunkey

Ok, thanks, now I have been able to recover almost all the information present.
I only have 2 questions to ask, if I may ask ...

1) Using the "Container method" instead, is it possible to retrieve more information, or can the same information be retrieved as the "Classic method"?
2) I didn't understand how to use the Just Watch information, what should I put in place of the "X" in "Provider.X.Name" and "Provider.X.Icon"?

Thank you for your support 🙏
When I setup widgets through TMDBhelper when I click on them and choose play it doesnt load through my addons player to scrape it only gives me the option to open with Youtube or UnP.
(2022-11-03, 13:48)skippr Wrote: [ -> ]It occurred to me that "The Great British Bake Off" TV Show has two TMDB IDs (34549, and 87012 for when they switched networks). 
The current airing one has the tmdb id 87012, and is listed as "continuing" on themoviedb.com. 

When browsing themoviedb helper add-on, both shows are listed, but the id 87012 is also displayed as "canceled". 
The latest episode info also equals that of 34549. 

How might this have happened? Where does this add-on fetch this information? My local nfo files are correct.
Tvshows with the same name are tricky because tmdbhelper has to try to guess which one it is by using a combo of title and year.

It doesn't use the saved id mainly for legacy reasons - in Leia it was only possible to get the main ID for the show and it wasn't possible to tell if that ID was from tvdb or tmdb since both use numbers only.

Ive got some changes coming up soon which will attempt to use tmdb ids if available in the nfo and will give better matches for tvshows.