Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set recording from Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have always set my scheduled recordings from WMC box, it's a little embarrassing having not noticed this option within Guide before. 

Unfortunately it says: PVR add-on not supported.

Requesting some guidance.
Thx
You're gonna have to provide a little more information. I can assure you ServerWMC supports recording from the guide. There should be two options, record (which will record that show, no questions asked) and add timer (shows you a dialog with options to record series, add padding, etc.).

Start with the steps you're performing, what version of ServerWMC and Kodi you're using and if you can, a ServerWMC log. Reboot the server (or just restart ServerWMC) then duplicate your issue. Take the log and post somewhere online (pastebin or other) and put a link here.
Also provide the version of kodi you are using.
<edit> oops, sbthomas already covered that
Updated to 9.0.2

Everything works... Looks better too!
Spoke too soon.

After adding everything else I use, it's somehow has lost the ability of recording from guide. Adding to that, attempts to add timer causes Kodi to reboot.

Oh well, wasn't a feature used. Everything else is perfect!  

Win7 pro sp1 32bit i3-4360 (Headless, manged from Linux laptop)
ServerWMC Version 1.0.0.63 
Build: 1255 
Rovi EPG
810 Channels, 102 Recordings, 43 Upcoming recordings.

Only 58 Channels actually viewed @ clients (Configured with Group Manager)

HDHomeRun Prime 6 tuners (Cable Cards)  

Clients

Raspberrypi 2/3 LibreELEC 9.0.2 / 18.2 Leia (5 Locations, including touchscreens)

PVR HDHomeRun Client.  Provides icons for channels & EPG (3.5.0.3) (Priority 2) 
PVR WMC Client  (2.4.4.3) (Priority 1) 

Video add-on
HDHomeRun Simple. Needed for FiOS music channels, setup in Favorites. (PVR Clients cause stutter)  

InputStream Adaptive 2.3.22.1
RTMP Input 2.0.5.1
YouTube: Global news, Bloomberg, Skynews...etc,ect.  

Security Camera Surveillance 0.0.3
We need the serverwmc log after a failed attempt to set a timer.  Best if you restart serverwmc before you do it to keep the log file small.  Post the log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here.