Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Longtime XBMC/Kodi user on PC but changed to Android on a Minix-NEO U1 a couple of years ago. Been using Krypton fine with no problems until my install got corrupted a couple of weeks ago. Went to re-install Kodi & the Play store has Leia so downloaded & configured. 

I have about 9,000 movies & 1,500 tv shows on a variety of HDD's connected to my network through my PC. The new install scraped the majority but now, if I try to either update the library or add/refresh items individually it will let me do one or two & then give me the "Couldn't Download Information - Unable to connect to remote server". If I restart Kodi it will again allow me to add/refresh one or two movies before getting the error again...ad nauseum

I'm pretty sure the scrapers (Universal & The Movie Database) are up to date as I can scrape a couple of movies at a time, but I also cannot add or update any add-ons.  It's almost as if I do not have an internet connection but I know I do because I can 'Choose Art' & watch Netflix & Prime from within Kodi.

I am stumped & I can't even get a debug log for you because it won't allow me to install the 'log uploader'.

Anyone got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or another way to get the debug log to you?  The box is not rooted so accessing files is impossible (with my limited knowledge of Android).

Please note, I have ZERO banned add-ons Smile

MartinK
@martink0646

Hard to say what the problem is without a Debug Log. Not sure why you cannot install the log uploader, but try this alternate method... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access

Be aware that TVDB are currently having issues and trying to use their scraper may cause Kodi to crash. You have made no mention of kodi crashing but to be on the safe side, change the scraper for TV Shows from TVDB to TheMovieDB for TV Shows.
(2019-08-02, 23:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@martink0646

Hard to say what the problem is without a Debug Log. Not sure why you cannot install the log uploader, but try this alternate method... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access

Be aware that TVDB are currently having issues and trying to use their scraper may cause Kodi to crash. You have made no mention of kodi crashing but to be on the safe side, change the scraper for TV Shows from TVDB to TheMovieDB for TV Shows.
I will try that method in the morning, thanks.  Definately not Crashing...the issue is with both the Uniiversal Movie Scaper & The Movie Database so I don't think the problem is with the scrapers.  I'm pretty sure the problem with installing add-ons is the same thing.
(2019-08-03, 05:29)martink0646 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-02, 23:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@martink0646

I will try that method in the morning, thanks.  Definately not Crashing...the issue is with both the Uniiversal Movie Scaper & The Movie Database so I don't think the problem is with the scrapers.  I'm pretty sure the problem with installing add-ons is the same thing. 

It's now working properly....no idea why, I have made no changes.  I suppose it can be marked as 'Solved'
Thread marked solved.