Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Struggling to get smooth video playback when using HD-audio passthrough on NVidia GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like the problem lies deeper than just with Kodi then. Probably an issue with the graphics driver and X server, something I have very little experience with. For example, after switching to Nvidia I started getting screen tearing when fullscreen, which meant I had to enable "force full composition pipeline" in Nvidia settings, which solved the issue, but only temporarily. It seems that it can't really save to X server, or it gets erased after a while. Also, when I enable that setting I loose the wallpaper and get a black background instead. The same happens when Kodi tries to change the refresh rate, the screen goes black, except for open windows etc.
Attempting to go with the LibreElec option now, but the bloody USB creator won't even start. May have to compile from scratch. Open to suggestions for a way to fix the Nvidia issue instead.
As you already have a linux running, just use dd to write it to the stick.
Yes, that worked Smile Now, let's see if LibreELEC is any better...
I got it working now Smile I've been busy so didn't have time to properly set everything up until now. In the end I had to create a xorg.conf and experiment a little in order to fix some screen tearing and other issues, but at least now I have it working. Thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 2