Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
1 -> I have a workaround in mind. I'll give it try.
2 -> Not possible. Completely different calls.
3 -> In my tests all seasons of shows had the same fanart as the show itself. That's why I removed this call to reduce the loading time. I'll recheck it.
(2019-09-24, 19:08)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]In my tests all seasons of shows had the same fanart as the show itself. That's why I removed this call to reduce the loading time. I'll recheck it.
Currently, in the show itself script.embuary.info is showing backdrops images (poster size) mixing all seasons and in the new season dialog could only show images of each season, which are different to backdrop images.
For example, Game of Thrones has 100 backdrops images in the show itself, but only 15 images in each season, so they are few in comparison.

Some examples showing different seasons fanart with ExtendedInfo.
American Horror Story - Season 1

American Horror Story - Season 2

American Horror Story - Season 3

Game of Thrones - Season 1

Game of Thrones - Season 2
Wow !!!
you're a machine and now the fanart is perfect, thank you very much.

About Similar movies, I've tested the different tmdb helpers.
For example, "The Terminator" is showing 20 Similar movies (5 movies are already in the Collection) with EmbuaryInfo and TheMovieDb Helper, but ExtendedInfo is only showing 15 similar movies excluding the 5 Collection movies.
TheMovieDb Helper isn't showing Collection movies, so no repeated movies are shown, and it's very ugly to see repeated movies in Similar and Collection with EmbuaryInfo.

ExtendedInfo is excluding Set movies within Similar movies on DialogMovieInfo.py:
Code:
set_ids = [item.get_property("id") for item in sets_thread.listitems]
self.lists["similar"] = [i for i in self.lists["similar"] if i.get_property("id") not in set_ids]

Could you add this filter to avoid showing repeated movies in Similar already shown in Set?
It would be possible, but the problem is that a lot of skinners only add a few containers and don't show collection items at all. In these cases the movies would be missing. All I can do is to add an optional setting for this.

@patzzz 
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...76a4720d7e
Thanks, you're ultra-fast and with good solutions.

The new setting is great for skinners showing Collection movies and it doesn't affect the rest.
Merged to Kodi repo. Should be available for everyone in the next hours.
Just a short note/question: with extendedinfo.script the images in the lists don't seem to be as high resolution, which leads to lists scrolling smoother, with CPU's not that good. Is there any way you can control this? Can anyone confirm that? or does this behavior only occur to me?Confused
The API doesn't offer an option to ask for lower resolutions.
No speed penalties here.
(2019-09-26, 10:35)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]The API doesn't offer an option to ask for lower resolutions.
No speed penalties here.
I'm sorry, this was my mistake. I've to use
xml:
$INFO[ListItem.Icon]
instead of
xml:
$INFO[ListItem.Art(thumb)]
for a lower resolution Smile
(2019-09-26, 10:35)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]The API doesn't offer an option to ask for lower resolutions.
No speed penalties here.
Actually you can request different resolutions by building the image path differently.

See here:
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/gett...ted/images

Posters come in these sizes:
"w92", "w154", "w185", "w342", "w500", "w780", "original"
Hö? This makes a difference? It's the same URL.

ListItem.Icon = Thumb if available, if not -> DefaultVideo.png for example
ListItem.Art(thumb) = Thumb no matter if available or not

@Rechi 
Please correct me if I'm wrong or if there is a image handling difference between those two info labels.
(2019-09-26, 10:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
No speed penalties here.
Actually you can request different resolutions by building the image path differently.

See here:
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/gett...ted/images

Posters come in these sizes:
"w92", "w154", "w185", "w342", "w500", "w780", "original"  
Thanks, wasn't aware of it.
(2019-09-26, 10:51)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@Rechi 
Please correct me if I'm wrong or if there is a image handling difference between those two info labels.
it seems so, here are the differences:
https://imgur.com/a/fC22teo

Maybe ListItem.Icon generates an image of ListItem.Art(thumb). That might explain the differences.
@beatmasterrs 
The low resolution ones are also having a much better downscaled quality. 
Do you have "background=true" added to your texture path? And does it make a difference?

@Hitcher 
Do you know more about this behaviour?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24