Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot connect to my Synology NAS since upgrading to 18.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a working Android system connecting to my Synology NAS until 18.3 came along on my Samsung tablet running Android 5.1.1

The existing network location would not work so I tried adding a new one and it still does not work. 

I have verified my Synology is working from Windows and my Windows based Kodi (17.x) sees the NAS

The android tablet and NAS are on the same network.  I can see the NAS from the tablet using other apps.  Kodi refuses to see it.  When I try and add a new network location I get Operation not permitted.
I have two Synology NAS servers and 18.3 won't connect to either one since the 18.3 update.  I have rebooted everything.
Connect via what? SMB, NFS, something else?
Kodi 18 defaults to SMBv2, so networking browsing will no longer work.

Provide Kodi's debug log (wiki) for some internal details.
(2019-08-13, 13:34)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Connect via what? SMB, NFS, something else?
Kodi 18 defaults to SMBv2, so networking browsing will no longer work.

Provide Kodi's debug log (wiki) for some internal details.

Problem resolved, downgraded to 18.2 via a sideload and bingo everything works.  So another update that broke something.  This is getting long in the tooth with broken releases.  Fed up!!
Thread marked solved.