Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot scrape Multi-Episodes and other questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I still get crashes when scanning tv shows (edit: it's only Curb Your Enthusiasm that makes it crash strangely)
Debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/apocijuyay.kodi
Another Debug: https://paste.kodi.tv/ugadokuher.kodi

Also please help me know how to fix this:
Universal scraper Creating a setting on-the-fly issue.
These repeat for every movie and just spam my debug. I have set the settings for universal addon and rescanned my library, why does this popup?
I will post this here as well since it ruins my debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/apocijuyay.kodi

I have had to remove countless of lines with the "Creating a setting on-the-fly..." code.
How do i fix this? I have set it in the settings of the addon and rescanned my library but it just spams these lines.
Any ideas on how i solve these multi-episodes that shows up as one episode in library?
Star.Trek.Voyager.S07E25E26.DVDRip.x264-MARS.mkv
seinfeld.3x17_3x18.the_boyfriend.dvdrip_xvid-fov.avi
(2019-08-13, 21:24)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on how i solve these multi-episodes that shows up as one episode in library?
Which scraper are you using- TVDB or TheMovieDB? W

Which order are you using - Aired, DVD, Absloute?

I will take a stab in the dark and say DVD Order using TVDB.
(2019-08-13, 14:08)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]I have had to remove countless of lines with the "Creating a setting on-the-fly..." code.
How do i fix this? I have set it in the settings of the addon and rescanned my library but it just spams these lines.
Nothing you can do about that. The format of the addon.xml file was changed in v18, but this (and many other) add-ons still need to be updated to the new format. For every movie in your library, you will see this line. It does not affect the scraping process at all.
Many of the episodes are being misunderstood by the scraper. eg...

xml:

2019-08-13 13:58:20.795 T:17076 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match rar://H%3a%5crar9%5ctv%5cCurb%20Your%20Enthusiasm%5cSeason%204%5cCurb.Your.Enthusiasm.S04E01.DVDRip.XviD-MEDiEVAL%5ccurb.your.enthusiasm.401-med.part01.rar/curb.your.enthusiasm.401-med.avi (s4e401)
Because your naming and numbering is so "messy" it has recognised this episode as Season 4 Episode 401 which does not exist.

I guess the crashing is due to the RAR files and a combination of above?? Don't know, just a best guess.

Why do you use RAR files? There is no benefit to this and adds quite a few layers of complexity. Maybe try the other RAR add-on and see if it is better. You need to fix your naming first before doing anything else.

And I am sure you will tell me that all your other files are rar also and they have no problem... Wink Cannot answer that.
(2019-08-14, 01:03)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Many of the episodes are being misunderstood by the scraper. eg...

xml:

2019-08-13 13:58:20.795 T:17076 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match rar://H%3a%5crar9%5ctv%5cCurb%20Your%20Enthusiasm%5cSeason%204%5cCurb.Your.Enthusiasm.S04E01.DVDRip.XviD-MEDiEVAL%5ccurb.your.enthusiasm.401-med.part01.rar/curb.your.enthusiasm.401-med.avi (s4e401)
Because your naming and numbering is so "messy" it has recognised this episode as Season 4 Episode 401 which does not exist.

I guess the crashing is due to the RAR files and a combination of above?? Don't know, just a best guess.

Why do you use RAR files? There is no benefit to this and adds quite a few layers of complexity. Maybe try the other RAR add-on and see if it is better. You need to fix your naming first before doing anything else.

And I am sure you will tell me that all your other files are rar also and they have no problem... Wink Cannot answer that.
I see. The weird thing is that they scraped fine on 17.6 with the same settings hmm. 
It's an old bad habit using RAR files. What other RAR add-on is there? Also can i fix the naming with an .nfo or i have to rename the files?
Except for some multi-episodes and non scraped Part I, Part V episodes i have no real other issues with rar yes.

What i find weird is that the quoted debug log you write show a normal path to Curb Your Enthusiasm while on the one i have is filled with %, random numbers and some small lettered a and c's.
I'm guessing it's an input issue, but i thought default on kodi would show utf-8.
(2019-08-13, 23:11)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-13, 21:24)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on how i solve these multi-episodes that shows up as one episode in library?
Which scraper are you using- TVDB or TheMovieDB? W

Which order are you using - Aired, DVD, Absloute?

I will take a stab in the dark and say DVD Order using TVDB. 
I use TVDB with default order (Aired i guess?).
Episode 17-18 only shows registers/scrape as 1 episode 17 and the 25-26 as episode 25.
(2019-08-14, 00:51)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-13, 14:08)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]I have had to remove countless of lines with the "Creating a setting on-the-fly..." code.
Nothing you can do about that. The format of the addon.xml file was changed in v18, but this (and many other) add-ons still need to be updated to the new format. For every movie in your library, you will see this line. It does not affect the scraping process at all. 

Ah i understand, thank you for sharing that.
(2019-08-14, 01:43)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]What other RAR add-on is there?
Settings>Add-ons>Install from repository>Virtual Filesystems.
There are two rar add-ons. One works better than the other. Don't know which, but give the other one a try.

(2019-08-14, 01:43)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]Also can i fix the naming with an .nfo or i have to rename the files?
No. You have to rename the files (and the nfo files to make them match again)

(2019-08-14, 01:43)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]What i find weird is that the quoted debug log you write show a normal path to Curb Your Enthusiasm while on the one i have is filled with %, random numbers and some small lettered a and c's.
See here... https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp
Can you double check your settings. I think you have DVD Order enabled. If it is not, then I need a Debug Log which captures you scraping these two shows/episodes
(2019-08-14, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Can you double check your settings. I think you have DVD Order enabled. If it is not, then I need a Debug Log which captures you scraping these two shows/episodes

It is not DVD Order here is the line:
2019-08-14 03:39:30.168 T:15332   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'H:\rar9\tv\Star Trek Voyager\Season 7\Star.Trek.Voyager.S07E25E26.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264-MARS\' as not in the database
2019-08-14 03:39:30.168 T:15332   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match rar://H%3a%5crar9%5ctv%5cStar%20Trek%20Voyager%5cSeason%207%5cStar.Trek.Voyager.S07E25E26.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264-MARS%5cstar.trek.voyager.s07e25e26.dvdrip.x264-mars.rar/Star.Trek.Voyager.S07E25E26.DVDRip.x264-MARS.mkv (s7e25) [S(\d{1,3})E(\d{1,3})(?:[^\\/]*$)]
I need to see the full log. That does not tell me what I need to know.

Also, you have posted in three different threads for variations of the same question. In future, please ask your questions in one thread so they can be dealt with more easily and not having to hop around between threads.
@snyft

I have merged all your posts into this thread.
(2019-08-14, 04:09)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I need to see the full log. That does not tell me what I need to know.

Also, you have posted in three different threads for variations of the same question. In future, please ask your questions in one thread so they can be dealt with more easily and not having to hop around between threads.
Right now multi-episodes does not work for me.
Maybe I'm being nostalgic but i want to remember it did work with rar a couple of years ago.

I don't think it's in the custom regexps i have in advancedsettings.xml.
wiki says: "For multi-episode matching to work, there needs to be a third set of parentheses '()' at the end, this part is fed back into the regexp engine."
I'm too dumb to understand regexp structure. I doubt i just put it at the end of like: <regexp>s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\\\/]*)$()</regexp> <!-- foo.s01.e01, foo.s01_e01, S01E02 foo, S01 - E02, S01xE02 -->

Debug part 1: https://paste.kodi.tv/qifufaqira.kodi
Part 2: https://paste.kodi.tv/caqehalizu.kodi

L:\rar10\tv\Star Trek DS9\Season 1\Star.Trek.DS9.S01E01E02.DVDRip.DivX.XBMC-DIRFIX-HOMEMADE\Star.Trek.DS9.S01E01.E02.DVDRip.DivX-SFM\Star.Trek.DS9.S01E01.E02.DVDRip.DivX-SFM.avi
H:\rar9\tv\Star Trek Voyager\Season 7\Star.Trek.Voyager.S07E25E26.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264-MARS\Star.Trek.Voyager.S07E25E26.DVDRip.x264-MARS.mkv
Are some examples.

Thanks for collecting my unorganised mess and taking the time to help me!
Pages: 1 2