Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-03, 16:05)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-28, 18:48)Intel1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have problems with the skin in the smart list rules section for videos.

When I want to add a new rule, I select a value and nothing appears in the field.

Skin: Xonfluence:

Skin Confluence:

Steps to reproduce:

1.Videos
2.Playlists
3.New smart playlist
4.Find item where - New rule
5.Click in arrow (Choose rule type)
Bug: There is no value chosen

I use kodi 17 beta 5 Xonfluence 3.3.10

Thank you.

I know there are some changes regarding playlists in krypton. I didn't implement them yet, because they were not available at that moment. But they seem to be now. Consider this issue solved in then ext release.

Thanks,
Helly.

Hi, thanks for replying, I updated to version: 3.3.12 and the problem is not solved, it is still the same, I can not see the values chosen when I add a new rule.

Thank you
(2016-12-05, 18:09)Intel1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for replying, I updated to version: 3.3.12 and the problem is not solved, it is still the same, I can not see the values chosen when I add a new rule.
As a temporary workaround you can alwayd flip over to confluence (or whatever), make a playlist and go back to xonf.
Apologies if I'm pointing out the blooming obvious.
(2016-12-05, 17:58)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 16:46)dataghost1984 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 13:16)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid I can.t help you. I don't have any issues regarding widgets at all (also on krypton beta 6). Can you find anything odd in the logfile?

Helly.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to turn debugging on and look again. Its really odd. Some show thumbnails and others do not. Helly1206, I can send you the build I finished a while back and you can have a look at it if you want. I would love to get it figured out. My favorite skin to date by far. Absolutely love it. Thank you fro the reply. Will keep looking

Hi,

I'm willing to help you, but I'm not sure I can solve your issue. But let's give it a try. Maybe send me your settings.xml file first (you can find it in kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence. The exact path depends on your OS.) If you already have the logfile, I will also like to have a look in that file. Send me a PM or an E-mail, that's easier exchanging data.

Helly.

Thanks so much for the help. I uploaded the settings.xml from xonfluence skin. Also added an apk to install the build if you wanted too. Its on a slow server right now. Sorry, will be changing that also. Thanks. Works on 16.1. Thank you again https://www.mediafire.com/?7f3n1tr05vrmuvj
@helly

Since you are monitoring the forum at the moment I thought it was time to point you to an issue that is starting to arise regarding Episode views, and Team Kodi starting to enforce that the ability to set this view from an addon will no longer be allowed.

The situation is now apparent with the YouTube addon where I am a forum helper, but it will eventually affect all similar streaming video addons.

I would appreciate it if you could please have a read of the posts from here onwards http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2470840 (and previous pages if you need more background) and give your thoughts, and/or consider what changes will be necessary to comply.

This is quite a concern and problem for a lot of people who will continue to remain on Jarvis still for many months, if not half a year or more.

THANKS Smile
(2016-12-05, 18:09)Intel1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 16:05)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-28, 18:48)Intel1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have problems with the skin in the smart list rules section for videos.

When I want to add a new rule, I select a value and nothing appears in the field.

Skin: Xonfluence:

Skin Confluence:

Steps to reproduce:

1.Videos
2.Playlists
3.New smart playlist
4.Find item where - New rule
5.Click in arrow (Choose rule type)
Bug: There is no value chosen

I use kodi 17 beta 5 Xonfluence 3.3.10

Thank you.

I know there are some changes regarding playlists in krypton. I didn't implement them yet, because they were not available at that moment. But they seem to be now. Consider this issue solved in then ext release.

Thanks,
Helly.

Hi, thanks for replying, I updated to version: 3.3.12 and the problem is not solved, it is still the same, I can not see the values chosen when I add a new rule.

Thank you

Oops, forgot one file. I only fixed the main smart playlist dialog. Consider it fixed in the next update.

Helly.
(2016-12-05, 19:18)dataghost1984 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 17:58)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 16:46)dataghost1984 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply. I am going to turn debugging on and look again. Its really odd. Some show thumbnails and others do not. Helly1206, I can send you the build I finished a while back and you can have a look at it if you want. I would love to get it figured out. My favorite skin to date by far. Absolutely love it. Thank you fro the reply. Will keep looking

Hi,

I'm willing to help you, but I'm not sure I can solve your issue. But let's give it a try. Maybe send me your settings.xml file first (you can find it in kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence. The exact path depends on your OS.) If you already have the logfile, I will also like to have a look in that file. Send me a PM or an E-mail, that's easier exchanging data.

Helly.

Thanks so much for the help. I uploaded the settings.xml from xonfluence skin. Also added an apk to install the build if you wanted too. Its on a slow server right now. Sorry, will be changing that also. Thanks. Works on 16.1. Thank you again https://www.mediafire.com/?7f3n1tr05vrmuvj

Thanks,

I'll have a look at your xml later (probably next weekend 'cause I'm quite busy this week). I cannot install the build, as I'm not running android.

Helly.
(2016-12-05, 20:19)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]@helly

Since you are monitoring the forum at the moment I thought it was time to point you to an issue that is starting to arise regarding Episode views, and Team Kodi starting to enforce that the ability to set this view from an addon will no longer be allowed.

The situation is now apparent with the YouTube addon where I am a forum helper, but it will eventually affect all similar streaming video addons.

I would appreciate it if you could please have a read of the posts from here onwards http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2470840 (and previous pages if you need more background) and give your thoughts, and/or consider what changes will be necessary to comply.

This is quite a concern and problem for a lot of people who will continue to remain on Jarvis still for many months, if not half a year or more.

THANKS Smile

I don't think I completely understand what's going on and how it affects Xonfluence. I'm willing to support, but may better wait until someone else makes a fix/ workaround/ whatsoever.

Helly.
Yes, I understand the confusion, and it's frustrating for all of us. I'll try to explain in simple terms as I understand it:

- many users use the "Media Info" view for the YouTube addon (and many other similar streaming addons too)
- Team Kodi are now enforcing that addons should not set this type of episode view for this type of content because they are not TV Shows (in fact, addons should not set views at all)
- the YouTube addon has been updated to comply with Team Kodi, and to stay in the official repo
- but users now only have the choice of List, Big List, and Thumbnail (which display almost no useful information about the video)
- if I understand correctly Team Kodi says that in fact the Skins should actually provide an appropriate view for this type of content, and that the 'set content' parameter should be used correctly

The rest becomes too technical for me, I have some basic xml knowledge but Im not a skinner or developer. But I am capable of using logic and commonsense, and like you I also lose many hours to our shared Kodi hobby.

However also like you, I am in favour of trying to keep the burden to a minimum (I prefer just using Kodi instead of messing with it) so I'm trying to help find a solution.

The YouTube addon has hundreds of thousands of users, so the effect on users will be quite serious.

At this stage I would appreciate if you can just stay in touch with the situation, and maybe even comment in the thread from a skinner's point of view if and when this is appropriate, and let's see what happens.

I think maybe even Team Kodi didn't quite understand the implications that enforcing this change would have for existing users.

THANKS Smile
@helly

latest from the YouTube thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2471093

(2016-12-05, 22:52)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]We´re trying to improve awareness now. Wink
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299107

That´s the part for skinners, I will probably do sth similar for plug-in authors when I find some more free minutes.

And yeah, you´re right, our documentation is incomplete at lot of places. W´re trying to improve this.

I hope the link can provide more appropriate technical information regarding the Views situation and we can move forward from there Smile
Hi there, short question
How do I bring up the current playlist with Xonfluence? It's not present in sidebar menu nor do I find another way to bring it up!?
(2016-12-05, 13:20)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]And again an update for Krypton.

WOW Helly - that was lightning-quick response - THANK YOU Nod !

I really like the play speed/tempo indication. At first I thought maybe it should autofade from the screen, but I'm feeling happier with it remaining ON when PB speed is other than normal. Great work !

EDIT: (super-picky feedback, a day later)...
Hmmmm... Having sat through some yak-yak-yak videos at 1.4~1.5x speed, it occurs to me that the graphic carries enough info to inform exactly what state you're in.

Q: is it feasible to pop up the graphic - with accompanying label & numeric value... and then, (drum roll please...) fade the label & numeric value to leave only the icon on screen, for the duration of that playback state ?

Very cool - and probably a PITA to code - so I don't hold out much hope. But maybe...

...AND...
Thanks too for considering the FanArt Slideshow request. Without this possibility, it seems wasteful/useless to have downloaded more than a single fanart image Confused.

As an interim measure, I've made a simple hack to the MyVideoNav.xml file, which will at least cycle through the 4 images you can stuff into an "ExtraThumbs" folder found within your movie folder.

Perhaps you could do this one-liner...

Code:
.........immediately after this line:

<include>ScrollOffsetLabel</include>

.........insert:

<include>FanArtExtraThumbs</include>

...until you have the time to implement things "the proper way" ?

Thanks again - I just couldn't imagine using Kodi without the Xonfluence UI !!
Numeric Seek using SMS keys

Hi Helly... heh-heh Rofl - of course there was one other point I forgot to mention.

Since they reworked the Krypton internals for how Numeric Seeking is implemented (I think this is the relevant PR), the numbers I enter (on my remote) for the desired seek-to time are no longer displayed in Xonfluence.

The function still operates as expected, but without visual confirmation of what I'm inputting, sometimes I don't end up where I want to be. It used to display in upper left corner of the screen.

Again - not a life-or-death situation - but when you have time for B-list items, perhaps you could reconnect this broken path.

Thank you again Helly, for all the time & love you put into this skin Wink
(2016-12-05, 02:21)dataghost1984 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-04, 12:17)slymobi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Great revamp of one of the greatest skins [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Having a little issue with widget sets, would be great to have some more presets for movie and TV. Example recently added.
I have tried adding custom values but I do not know the correct parameters or naming convention [DISAPPOINTED FACE]
Is there a list of custom widget values we can manually add ?

Regards

Sent from my PE-TL10 (typie typie)

Simply add to kodi as a favorite and set the widget from that favorite and than remove the fav and it will still point to the custom location
Thanks for your reply, However I sorted it as it was not an issue with the skin but a layer 8 issue [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] I had nothing in the TV / Movie library so as soon as I added to them, then the preset widgets were showing as an option [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my PE-TL10
(2016-12-05, 20:53)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 19:18)dataghost1984 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 17:58)Helly1206 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Helly.

Thanks,

I'll have a look at your xml later (probably next weekend 'cause I'm quite busy this week). I cannot install the build, as I'm not running android.

Helly.

No problem, I have a wizard you can run on anything if you want to check it out. Touch base. I appreciate the help. its driving me crazy lol. I want to sort it. Thanks again for the great work and support
CURIOUS WIDGET FOCUS BEHAVIOUR

Hi Helly

Just tinkering a little tonight, and I've found something unusual - on both MOVIES and TV SHOWS home menu items, when the widget format is set to "Thumbnail", the icons do not highlight to indicate focus. Using the arrow keys on my remote, I can ARROW_UP and launch a movie or TV episode - but the visual indication is not there.

No problem if widget format is set to "Poster". Hmmmm... a line of code has escaped Rofl

Just a little bug to squash.

Cheers.