Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried it out.  It works fine, but it's slightly counter-intuitive compared to the way the Random option works in the Pictures slideshows.  It seems you have to hover over the directory you want to select something random from and then click random (It's a good thing there is a context menu button as my side-by-side list of TV shows won't allow you to hover over shows in the right column and click off the side bar with a remote).  In Pictures with random on, Start Slideshow starts in the directory you are "in" rather than the one you're hovering the selection box over, which is nice in that you can look over the photos (or here episodes) before deciding if you want to randomize from that season.  But backing out and then hitting it is still clearly better than no option at all.  Smile
(2021-04-29, 05:55)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it out.  It works fine, but it's slightly counter-intuitive compared to the way the Random option works in the Pictures slideshows.  It seems you have to hover over the directory you want to select something random from and then click random (It's a good thing there is a context menu button as my side-by-side list of TV shows won't allow you to hover over shows in the right column and click off the side bar with a remote).  In Pictures with random on, Start Slideshow starts in the directory you are "in" rather than the one you're hovering the selection box over, which is nice in that you can look over the photos (or here episodes) before deciding if you want to randomize from that season.  But backing out and then hitting it is still clearly better than no option at all.  Smile
@VonMagnum , thanks for testing.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I now got it to do what you are expecting.  If you are in the list of tv shows, it will play a random episode taken from all of the tv shows.  If you are in a particular TV show (where you are seeing all of the seasons listed or all of the episodes if only one season), it will play a random episode from that tv show, and if you are in a season, it will play a random episode from that season.  Please let me know if now it works as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-28, 21:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-28, 17:59)pavichokche Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-26, 21:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

At the request of user @pavichokche , I have added new widget options for Recent Movies, Episodes and Concerts that include watched items.  You can find the new options here:

As you can see, the new options have the "(includes watched)" at the end.

@pavichokche , please let me know if this is what you were looking for and if it is working correctly.  Thanks.

The changes are already on GitHub: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence

Regards,

Bart
WOW thank you so much for implementing this so quickly! It works just as intended, yes.
I have some questions/ideas.
1. Is it possible for the widget entries to have a checkmark if they have been watched, like the thumbnail views do in a list? It's cool if it's not a simple thing to enable/implement, I was just wondering
2. Is there an easy way to rename the 'Videos'/'Movies'/'TV Shows' entries on the home page so that they are all capital letters? I don't mind editing files where necessary, if that would achieve the desired effect
3. Can I edit the HD quality icon on my end somewhere because the shade of blue is too dark and hard to read against the icon's dark background? I'm talking about this one:
ImageImage
@pavichokche , thanks for confirming it works well.

As to your questions/ideas:

1. Sure.  I just implemented this, the changes are on GitHub already.  How does this look to you?

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

2.  I looked at this, and made it an option you can now choose in the skin settings.  The changes are already on GitHub.  You can find the new setting here:

3.  I "inherited" those icons and I am not a good designer, so I could not go about changing them.  However, user @rafikW did provide an improved version of these, which are now the default in the skin.  The new icons look like this:

Regards,

Bart
1. Amazing, it's perfect!
2. Perfect
3. Amazing, and thanks @rafikW
(2021-04-29, 16:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-29, 05:55)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it out.  It works fine, but it's slightly counter-intuitive compared to the way the Random option works in the Pictures slideshows.  It seems you have to hover over the directory you want to select something random from and then click random (It's a good thing there is a context menu button as my side-by-side list of TV shows won't allow you to hover over shows in the right column and click off the side bar with a remote).  In Pictures with random on, Start Slideshow starts in the directory you are "in" rather than the one you're hovering the selection box over, which is nice in that you can look over the photos (or here episodes) before deciding if you want to randomize from that season.  But backing out and then hitting it is still clearly better than no option at all.  Smile
@VonMagnum , thanks for testing.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I now got it to do what you are expecting.  If you are in the list of tv shows, it will play a random episode taken from all of the tv shows.  If you are in a particular TV show (where you are seeing all of the seasons listed or all of the episodes if only one season), it will play a random episode from that tv show, and if you are in a season, it will play a random episode from that season.  Please let me know if now it works as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes, that works much better for me.  The only oddity I noticed at first is if you have the ".." directory (go back directory) highlighted, it doesn't work at all (no Play Random) shows up.  You actually have to have something in the list highlighted, which of course is never the case when you enter a directory or even TV Shows in general.  It always highlights ".." by default so it's kind of a pain to have to move around in there before you can start something random.
(2021-04-29, 16:38)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-29, 16:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Yes, that works much better for me.  The only oddity I noticed at first is if you have the ".." directory (go back directory) highlighted, it doesn't work at all (no Play Random) shows up.  You actually have to have something in the list highlighted, which of course is never the case when you enter a directory or even TV Shows in general.  It always highlights ".." by default so it's kind of a pain to have to move around in there before you can start something random.
@VonMagnum , my bad.  Can you try now? I changed that behavior.  I had not noticed since when I enter tv shows in my setup, the list is never positioned on "..".

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-29, 17:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-29, 16:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@VonMagnum , thanks for testing.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I now got it to do what you are expecting.  If you are in the list of tv shows, it will play a random episode taken from all of the tv shows.  If you are in a particular TV show (where you are seeing all of the seasons listed or all of the episodes if only one season), it will play a random episode from that tv show, and if you are in a season, it will play a random episode from that season.  Please let me know if now it works as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@VonMagnum , my bad.  Can you try now? I changed that behavior.  I had not noticed since when I enter tv shows in my setup, the list is never positioned on "..".

Regards,

Bart
I'll try it tonight.
(2021-04-29, 16:23)pavichokche Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-28, 21:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-28, 17:59)pavichokche Wrote: [ -> ]WOW thank you so much for implementing this so quickly! It works just as intended, yes.
I have some questions/ideas.
1. Is it possible for the widget entries to have a checkmark if they have been watched, like the thumbnail views do in a list? It's cool if it's not a simple thing to enable/implement, I was just wondering
2. Is there an easy way to rename the 'Videos'/'Movies'/'TV Shows' entries on the home page so that they are all capital letters? I don't mind editing files where necessary, if that would achieve the desired effect
3. Can I edit the HD quality icon on my end somewhere because the shade of blue is too dark and hard to read against the icon's dark background? I'm talking about this one:
ImageImage
@pavichokche , thanks for confirming it works well.

As to your questions/ideas:

1. Sure.  I just implemented this, the changes are on GitHub already.  How does this look to you?

2.  I looked at this, and made it an option you can now choose in the skin settings.  The changes are already on GitHub.  You can find the new setting here:

3.  I "inherited" those icons and I am not a good designer, so I could not go about changing them.  However, user @rafikW did provide an improved version of these, which are now the default in the skin.  The new icons look like this:

Regards,

Bart
1. Amazing, it's perfect!
2. Perfect
3. Amazing, and thanks @rafikW
@pavichokche, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

I'm trying to use this skin (on Matrix) with profiles enabled and when I log off a profile it automatically logs me back on to the master profile instead of taking me to the logon screen.

I don't have many addon's installed and tried disabling everything to get a fresh profile and it still happens.

Any ideas as to what could be happening or what I could try?  I tried a different skin and it works as expected.
(2021-04-29, 16:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@VonMagnum , thanks for testing.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I now got it to do what you are expecting.  If you are in the list of tv shows, it will play a random episode taken from all of the tv shows.  If you are in a particular TV show (where you are seeing all of the seasons listed or all of the episodes if only one season), it will play a random episode from that tv show, and if you are in a season, it will play a random episode from that season.  Please let me know if now it works as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart

Yeah, it's working great now!  Cheers!  

Here's one crazy last idea, though.  A couple of KODI versions ago, Team KODI thought it would be totally awesome to apply hardware acceleration on Android devices for ALL video types even fully knowing that it does NOT WORK properly with some video formats (.AVI and .WMV come to mind).  Earlier versions automatically disabled hardware acceleration when such files were played, but they thought it would be a funny joke to purposely BREAK playback (so you have to go manually disable it for it to play smoothly) with some lame horse manure about consistent behavior NO MATTER WHAT it breaks.  I can't say what I think about that decision without likely getting myself banned given the absurd logic used there and the PITA it is to keep turning hardware acceleration on/off all the time depending on what type of video file I want to watch on my FireTV 4K, but short of a breakaway KODI tree version just to put it back the way it should be until such time (likely never) that hardware acceleration is fixed for those formats, I'm wondering if a simple script option might work to automatically disable the options in KODI when playing those formats with a click option in the GUI settings for Xonfluence.  I don't know if that's even possible to control from a skin option or script, but I have a nagging suspicion it could be and given how lightning fast you've fixed up this skin to work with Matrix, I'm thinking if anyone could do it, it's you.  Wink

Of course, if it's not possible or too much bother, that's fine too.  You've already done far more than any of us could have hoped for getting one of the better skins ever made for KODI working again in Matrix.  Frankly, you're the first person that has ever implemented a single request for something KODI related (Team KODI seems to literally hate requests by anyone so I've learned not to bother asking.  I can't even get bugs fixed even when I do all they ask to provide log files in paste bin and test various things out.  The Mac version of Matrix still crashes here EVERY TIME within a few minutes, for example even doing a clean install here (V18 worked fine).  The most I got in return was asking whether I tried disabling thumbnail generation (I did try that) and then nothing.  It's a waste of my time and theirs, apparently.) So, you're like a super hero by comparison.  Great job!
(2021-04-30, 05:17)GavinCampbell Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to use this skin (on Matrix) with profiles enabled and when I log off a profile it automatically logs me back on to the master profile instead of taking me to the logon screen.

I don't have many addon's installed and tried disabling everything to get a fresh profile and it still happens.

Any ideas as to what could be happening or what I could try?  I tried a different skin and it works as expected.

@GavinCampbell, I will look into this issue today.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-30, 08:26)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-29, 16:38)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that works much better for me.  The only oddity I noticed at first is if you have the ".." directory (go back directory) highlighted, it doesn't work at all (no Play Random) shows up.  You actually have to have something in the list highlighted, which of course is never the case when you enter a directory or even TV Shows in general.  It always highlights ".." by default so it's kind of a pain to have to move around in there before you can start something random.

Regards,

Bart

Here's one crazy last idea, though.  A couple of KODI versions ago, Team KODI thought it would be totally awesome to apply hardware acceleration on Android devices for ALL video types even fully knowing that it does NOT WORK properly with some video formats (.AVI and .WMV come to mind).  Earlier versions automatically disabled hardware acceleration when such files were played, but they thought it would be a funny joke to purposely BREAK playback (so you have to go manually disable it for it to play smoothly) with some lame horse manure about consistent behavior NO MATTER WHAT it breaks.  I can't say what I think about that decision without likely getting myself banned given the absurd logic used there and the PITA it is to keep turning hardware acceleration on/off all the time depending on what type of video file I want to watch on my FireTV 4K, but short of a breakaway KODI tree version just to put it back the way it should be until such time (likely never) that hardware acceleration is fixed for those formats, I'm wondering if a simple script option might work to automatically disable the options in KODI when playing those formats with a click option in the GUI settings for Xonfluence.  I don't know if that's even possible to control from a skin option or script, but I have a nagging suspicion it could be and given how lightning fast you've fixed up this skin to work with Matrix, I'm thinking if anyone could do it, it's you.  Wink

Of course, if it's not possible or too much bother, that's fine too.  You've already done far more than any of us could have hoped for getting one of the better skins ever made for KODI working again in Matrix.  Frankly, you're the first person that has ever implemented a single request for something KODI related (Team KODI seems to literally hate requests by anyone so I've learned not to bother asking.  I can't even get bugs fixed even when I do all they ask to provide log files in paste bin and test various things out.  The Mac version of Matrix still crashes here EVERY TIME within a few minutes, for example even doing a clean install here (V18 worked fine).  The most I got in return was asking whether I tried disabling thumbnail generation (I did try that) and then nothing.  It's a waste of my time and theirs, apparently.) So, you're like a super hero by comparison.  Great job!

@VonMagnum, thanks for confirming that it is working, and for your kind words.

As for the Kodi setting, yes, I know of a script that can set/reset settings, so in theory it is possible.  Could you please post a screenshot of what setting it is?  Also, how do you envision this? A button in the OSD? Maybe a prompt when a file starts to play? If the latter, what are the file extensions that would need to have the setting turned off when you start playing them in Android?  Again, I am not 100% sure it is doable, but I am willing to give it a go.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @VonMagnum , to ensure that I get the correct setting, could you please in your Android system turn hw acceleration off in Kodi, and then PM a link to your "guisettings.xml" file? You can upload it to whatever cloud storage you use and PM me the link.  I checked the script I was thinking of, and it can change the value for almost all Kodi settings.  So, I was thinking of the following:

1. Add an option in Xonfluence settings to enable asking to disable hardware acceleration at the start of playback for xxx, yyyy, zzz type files (the option would only show up in an Android system, and you tell me which types of files are xxx, yyy, zzz and whatever others).

2. If the option in 1. is enabled, then, at the start of playback of one of the types of files you tell me, Xonfluence would pause the video, and show you a dialog asking if you want to turn off hardware acceleration for this video, if it is not turned off already.  If you answer Yes, then via script.embuary.helper, Xonfluence would turn off the Kodi harware acceleration setting, and continue playing the video.

In order for this to work, I need to see your "guisettings.xml" file with the setting turned off (I do not have an Android system I can test with); if the setting is in that file, then embuary helper can set/reset/change its value.
Hi,

I have been using Xonfluence for years. It is the best skin for me because it is very customisable.

Until Kodi version 18 it was possible to use the addon "artistslideshow" in version 2.x. Unfortunately, version 3.x never worked.
With Kodi version 19, there was a change to Python 3, so that "artistslideshow" in version 2.x no longer works. But now there is "artistslideshow" in version 3.3.1+matrix.1, but unfortunately this version does not work with Xonfluence for Matrix.
Can we expect a solution here?

With Kodi 19, there is the entry "music videos" in the main menu.
Unfortunately, the item "Artist" is missing in the submenu of "music videos".
It would be nice if this could be fixed.

Thanks for your great work.

Regards
jacky_smith
(2021-04-30, 13:59)jacky_smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have been using Xonfluence for years. It is the best skin for me because it is very customisable.

Until Kodi version 18 it was possible to use the addon "artistslideshow" in version 2.x. Unfortunately, version 3.x never worked.
With Kodi version 19, there was a change to Python 3, so that "artistslideshow" in version 2.x no longer works. But now there is "artistslideshow" in version 3.3.1+matrix.1, but unfortunately this version does not work with Xonfluence for Matrix.
Can we expect a solution here?

With Kodi 19, there is the entry "music videos" in the main menu.
Unfortunately, the item "Artist" is missing in the submenu of "music videos".
It would be nice if this could be fixed.

Thanks for your great work.

Regards
jacky_smith
@jacky_smith , thanks for reporting these.  Both are fixable, and I will work on them very soon.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-30, 12:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-30, 08:26)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-29, 17:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@VonMagnum , my bad.  Can you try now? I changed that behavior.  I had not noticed since when I enter tv shows in my setup, the list is never positioned on "..".

Regards,

Bart

As for the Kodi setting, yes, I know of a script that can set/reset settings, so in theory it is possible.  Could you please post a screenshot of what setting it is?  Also, how do you envision this? A button in the OSD? Maybe a prompt when a file starts to play? If the latter, what are the file extensions that would need to have the setting turned off when you start playing them in Android?  Again, I am not 100% sure it is doable, but I am willing to give it a go.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @VonMagnum , to ensure that I get the correct setting, could you please in your Android system turn hw acceleration off in Kodi, and then PM a link to your "guisettings.xml" file? You can upload it to whatever cloud storage you use and PM me the link.  I checked the script I was thinking of, and it can change the value for almost all Kodi settings.  So, I was thinking of the following:

1. Add an option in Xonfluence settings to enable asking to disable hardware acceleration at the start of playback for xxx, yyyy, zzz type files (the option would only show up in an Android system, and you tell me which types of files are xxx, yyy, zzz and whatever others).

2. If the option in 1. is enabled, then, at the start of playback of one of the types of files you tell me, Xonfluence would pause the video, and show you a dialog asking if you want to turn off hardware acceleration for this video, if it is not turned off already.  If you answer Yes, then via script.embuary.helper, Xonfluence would turn off the Kodi harware acceleration setting, and continue playing the video.

In order for this to work, I need to see your "guisettings.xml" file with the setting turned off (I do not have an Android system I can test with); if the setting is in that file, then embuary helper can set/reset/change its value.

I'll have to get it tonight.  I was thinking just an option to check filetype playing and turn it off just for those filetypes.  I don't want to have to answer a question before playing.
(2021-04-30, 20:42)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-30, 12:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-30, 08:26)VonMagnum Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's working great now!  Cheers!  

Regards,

Bart

I'll have to get it tonight.  I was thinking just an option to check filetype playing and turn it off just for those filetypes.  I don't want to have to answer a question before playing.

@VonMagnum, that's doable as well. I just need, besides the file that I asked for, which file types this should apply to.

I would add an option in the skin settings to enable it anyway, since not all users might want hw acceleration turned off.

Regards,

Bart