Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi Bart,  
i think i might of overwhelmed or underwhelmed you (depending) with the zip i passed.  ive took it unto myself to incorporate my mods into your xonfluence-matrix skin.  
they will simply just copy&paste straight in (unless you have used a used strings.po number/s).  - the mods in/from my zip are not finished(minor tinkering to finish them of) - i was 'at the time' just offering you ideas.   
some of my xonfluence mods:- 
- 2nd widgetset  
- 10 widgetset layouts  
- tweak'd the Look and Feel settings - a choice of 5 images for most homescreen skin images  
- incremental increase of the 'widget item limit'  
- 15 submenu items  
- 15 items in the addonset  
- ability to re-position everything on the homescreen  
- ability to add fade effects onto skin elements  
- ability to add rotates onto skin elements  
- ability to add zoom onto skin elements  

no new code was used, almost everything is just copy&paste(even the 2nd widgetset) is what is already there, and tinker a little to re-purpose to suit.  got most of the code already sorted,  ill pass on again the zip when finished.  
i followed the same coding methods&code as used in the skin.  

the Xonfluence Skin is Awesome - long live Xonfluence.
Hello Bart,

I have just noticed that not everything works with the favourites.
Under "General Settings/Floor button options/Favourites button action" the drop-down list is missing: "Favourites window" and "Selected Favourites".

I can't assign any playlists to the favourites either.

Thank you for your efforts with this skin

Regards
jacky_smith
(2021-05-18, 14:53)jacky_smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bart,

Under "General Settings/Floor button options/Favourites button action" the drop-down list is missing: "Favourites window" and "Selected Favourites".

Regards
jacky_smith
see if helpful 
- goto skin settings>script options>supported addons and scripts and install/enable the 'favourites script' and any other supported addon/script relevant to your setup.
(2021-05-18, 16:20)udangaribaldi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-18, 14:53)jacky_smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bart,

Regards
jacky_smith
see if helpful 
- goto skin settings>script options>supported addons and scripts and install/enable the 'favourites script' and any other supported addon/script relevant to your setup.
Thank you, that was the fix.
Regards
jacky_smith
(2021-05-17, 23:21)udangaribaldi Wrote: [ -> ]hi Bart,  
i think i might of overwhelmed or underwhelmed you (depending) with the zip i passed.  ive took it unto myself to incorporate my mods into your xonfluence-matrix skin.  
they will simply just copy&paste straight in (unless you have used a used strings.po number/s).  - the mods in/from my zip are not finished(minor tinkering to finish them of) - i was 'at the time' just offering you ideas.   
some of my xonfluence mods:- 
- 2nd widgetset  
- 10 widgetset layouts  
- tweak'd the Look and Feel settings - a choice of 5 images for most homescreen skin images  
- incremental increase of the 'widget item limit'  
- 15 submenu items  
- 15 items in the addonset  
- ability to re-position everything on the homescreen  
- ability to add fade effects onto skin elements  
- ability to add rotates onto skin elements  
- ability to add zoom onto skin elements  

no new code was used, almost everything is just copy&paste(even the 2nd widgetset) is what is already there, and tinker a little to re-purpose to suit.  got most of the code already sorted,  ill pass on again the zip when finished.  
i followed the same coding methods&code as used in the skin.  

the Xonfluence Skin is Awesome - long live Xonfluence.
@udangaribaldi , you did neither with what you sent earlier.  I just have not had the time to go through the all of the changes in order to incorporate them.  Please provide the zip again when you are finished, and thank you for going through the work of incorportating the changes yourself.

Regards,

Bart
Is there a way to change the media flags to color
(2021-05-20, 03:09)Lathal Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to change the media flags to color
@Lathal, no, as far as I know, there is not.  I would have to implement this, which means updating every single view where media flags are shown.  This is not something that I will be taking on at this time.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Any luck figuring out why the hardware acceleration doesn't turn off?  I don't know if you ever got an Android device to play with.

I do really like the new additions with total time displayed.  I always wondered why skins didn't show that (always had to hit get information to see the length).
Hi Bart,
Is there an option to remove dots on the time line that showing chapters positions? I was looking for that and did not found it.
To be honest I don't see what is the purpose of showing those dots on time line.
I know movie has chapters because it is clearly provided: Chapter: 02 of 22 - (Chapter 2)
(2021-05-20, 20:17)rafikW Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,
Is there an option to remove dots on the time line that showing chapters positions? I was looking for that and did not found it.
To be honest I don't see what is the purpose of showing those dots on time line.
I know movie has chapters because it is clearly provided: Chapter: 02 of 22 - (Chapter 2)
@rafikW , at the moment there is not.  That is a new Matrix feature that visually shows on the seek bar where the chapter/cutlist breaks are.  I will make it optional to show them.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @rafikW , I have made the changes, they are already on GitHub.  There is a new setting, if you want to turn on showing the chapter/cutlist breaks here:

(2021-05-20, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
@rafikW , at the moment there is not.  That is a new Matrix feature that visually shows on the seek bar where the chapter/cutlist breaks are.  I will make it optional to show them.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @rafikW , I have made the changes, they are already on GitHub.  There is a new setting, if you want to turn on showing the chapter/cutlist breaks here:

Hi Bart,
Thanks for removing chapters markers as default setting - now they are gone.
But... I don't know why but I don't have the same options in Video OSD Settings menu when comparing with your options:
Particularly "Show chapters/cutlist markers on seekbar" is not here.
What could be the reason for that?
(2021-05-21, 19:35)rafikW Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-20, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,
But... I don't know why but I don't have the same options in Video OSD Settings menu when comparing with your options:
@rafikW , I do not know what the issue in Kodi (I have noticed it more with Xonfluence) is with strings in the language file.  If you update the skin, and there are new strings, you actually need to quit Kodi and restart in order for the correct strings to show.  If not, you get strings from other skins you have in your system that have the same number.  If you notice from my screenshot, I have a "Latest Episode" option that is not the correct label.  The new setting in your screenshot is the one that says "Avg. Runtime".

If you quit Kodi and restart, does the new setting show up correctly for you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-05-22, 00:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-21, 19:35)rafikW Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-20, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@rafikW , at the moment there is not.  That is a new Matrix feature that visually shows on the seek bar where the chapter/cutlist breaks are.  I will make it optional to show them.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,
@rafikW , I do not know what the issue in Kodi (I have noticed it more with Xonfluence) is with strings in the language file.  If you update the skin, and there are new strings, you actually need to quit Kodi and restart in order for the correct strings to show.  If not, you get strings from other skins you have in your system that have the same number.  If you notice from my screenshot, I have a "Latest Episode" option that is not the correct label.  The new setting in your screenshot is the one that says "Avg. Runtime".

If you quit Kodi and restart, does the new setting show up correctly for you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
I have restarted kodi by command "systemctl stop kodi" and then starting again: "systemctl start kodi"
Indeed after that I see "Show chapters/cutlist markers on seekbar" option in Video OSD settings menu.
But it's still strange as I did few reboots of my Odroid-N2 after I have installed latest skin's version and always that option was not available, so why only restart Kodi did the trick?
Also what I have discovered is that in /storage/.kodi/addons/temp there were around 8 subfolders like "2d2605ce-cc66-4b9b-ba4c-0ef44067c532" and in each of them a "copy" of Xonfluence folder "skin.xonfluence" Timestamps of those subfolders match with the dates when I did Xonfluence updates. I have deleted all of them (except the last one) before I restarted Kodi. Everything works as it should. I don't know why these subfolders are created and it they are maybe a root cause of the issue with missing options?
Hi Bart,

Real life got in the way of testing Xonfluence but I've managed to collect a list of things here that I would appreciate you considering please Smile THANKS Nod

- I made a mistake regarding the End Time. Apologies to yourself and rafikW. But is it possible to have the option to hide this please? I find it unnecessarily clutters the OSD. (in some other Skins instead of having both visible there's the option to show either Duration Start & End, or Local Time Start & End to keep the OSD looking clean)

- If Skin Settings > Global > Show larger seekbar when rewinding or forwarding is Enabled, then Skin Settings > Video OSD > Enable video info and seekbar on pause, doesn't seem to be respected. That is, with the latter option Disabled, shouldn't it be possible to Pause a video and not have any OSD visible? This is useful when trying to see something specific on the screen. And obviously the OSD can still be made visible by pressing "I" or "M".

- When moving to the next Main Menu item sometimes the previous Widget continues to show until the current Widget loads. As mentioned by others sometimes this takes some time. To prevent this mixed up display is it possible for the previous Widget to disappear immediately when moving to to the next Main Menu item? Then at least instead of the wrong widget being displayed there would just be a blank widget space while we wait for the new one to load.

- I use IPTV Simple and the standard Kodi EPG Guide. Is it possible to show the guide (as a widget?) on the Home screen without having to click to open it? Basically just the existing EPG Guide but smaller so that it fits on the Home screen. Or does this require you to code an actual 'mini EPG' for this to work?

- Is it possible to have an option to hide Episode or Movie Ratings in list type views, because in a long list it looks messy when some episodes are rated and others are not (I thought I could choose not to import ratings when scraping but the Kodi TMDB scraper doesn't seem to allow this).

- An issue occurs with the Video widget when Custom widgets - Favourites is used to choose the Widget set, AND Thumbnail is used as the Widget format. No black frame is shown around the Thumbnails.

Actually I think this this view without the black frame is nicer, but it's not consistent with other views. So can we please have either black frame, no black frame, or an option, for all widget views?

NB: If I remember correctly maybe the black frame was added for large widgets in order to have the arrow buttons to scroll the widget on touchscreen devices? It's not visible when the black frame is not displayed. So I guess there are multiple issues there.

NB: Custom Widget path used in the below example is 'You Tube - My Subcriptions:
"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/"

POSTER:

THUMBNAIL:

- In some screens sometimes the busy / working annimation in the bottom right corner doesn't hide the Floor buttons.

- Sometimes a 'ghost' type window is shown when first loading some windows. This happens on both my slow and fast devices. I think a change when this Skin was still Confluence Custom Mod caused this and unfortunately it's never been fixed. But strangely I don't see other users complain about it, so is it something unique to my setup, or is everyone just used to it? This seems to happen most often when going from the Home screen to Media View 3.

- When a video starts the Play/Pause icon is at the far right, but when pausing or forwarding during a video this icon is displayed under the Seek Bar. I'm not sure if this is also because I have video art Disabled? But it would be nice for the behaviour to be consistent.

To be honest for me this icon is just extra clutter because I know already know if I'm Playing, Pausing, Seeking, etc. How about an option to disable this icon?

Also, if you decide to keep this icon maybe it can be adjusted? I think it looks out of place because it's size, colour, and design doesn't match the buttons next to it (buttons have a grey outside circle and a shade of white inside, this icon has bright white for both), and it's also not properly in line with the buttons either.