Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-10-14, 10:58)SJL6 Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano firstly I’d like to say thank you for picking this skin up and making the changes to have it work with Matrix. I’ve been using it for so long now nothing else seems quite right 😄👍.

I’ve recently started messing around with retro gaming again and have installed Libreelec RR which has a much later version of emulationstation built into it so I’d still like to use Xonfluence still.

Here is the link to Libreelec RR 

I have also grabbed a picture from a previous earlier build of LE RR below.

https://freeimage.host/i/5frY9n

what I would like to do is have EmulationStation/Retroarch as a direct link on the menu bar so that if I click Games it opens EmulationStation. I can’t seem to find the ES or Retroarch items in the Xonfluence menu - I assume because they are not installed as addons? I’m not expecting you to just do this silly request but a pointer on where and what I should be editing would be gratefully received.

@SJL6, thank you for your kind words. I could certainly try to add these as options for the Games menu/submenu, but I would need to know what are the addon names or what Kodi function they are supposed to call. Do these exist for Kodi for Windows? That OS is my main test environment, and at the moment I do not have a LibreELEC test environment.

If you can provide me with more information, I will do my best to add these options under the current menu system for Xonfluence.

Regards,

Bart
@SJL6, I have been reading some more about LE RR, and I can add ES and Retroarch as submenu items for you to place in the Games menu item, or as their own menu items. Please give me a day and I will let you know when I have an update ready to test. I will not be able to test this myself, so I will rely on you to let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart that’s a fantastic response and I am happy to test for you!

thank you very much 👍😎😎
(2021-10-14, 20:41)SJL6 Wrote: [ -> ]Bart that’s a fantastic response and I am happy to test for you!

@SJL6 , it turned out to be easier than I thought.  I uploaded the changes to GitHub.  You can now choose Emulationstation, Retroarch, Pegasus and Moonlight as main menu items, and you can also add them as submenu items for any of the user-selected submenu item sets.  Please test and let me know if this is working for you.  The icon for these new options is the same as the Games menu icon.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano,

(2021-10-14, 20:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]... I can add ES and Retroarch as submenu items for you to place in the Games menu item

Speaking of submenus, I've got a small problem to report.

In 2018 I encountered a problem with the "In progress TV shows" submenu (see here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/13387-...ng-in-le8/, and discussed with @Helly1206 via email. In short, .kodi/userdata/library/video/inprogresshows.xml was missing which caused the Xonfluence "In Progress" submenu under TV-Shows to malfunction (you end up in a generic Videos menu instead).

Last week I did a clean install of LE 9.2.8 (which has Kodi 18.9) and Xonfluence, and the problem still appears to exist: the submenu malfunctioned; a look in the above subdirectory revealed that inprogressshows.xml was missing. Manually installing it there solved the problem.

Not sure if this is a regression or not. Also not sure if the missing file is a LE or Kodi issue, or if Xonfluence could install if it is missing. I just thought I'd let you know, though. Smile

// FvW
@bsoriano I did a very quick test last night - well this morning as it was 1 AM 😂. All working fine thank you very much. So happy and impressed with your response and dedication to this project.

One question though is there any option/way to remove the boot to android on the shutdown menu as it’s not needed on my machine (X86-64).

Thanks
(2021-10-15, 11:23)SJL6 Wrote: [ -> ]One question though is there any option/way to remove the boot to android on the shutdown menu as it’s not needed on my machine (X86-64).

@SJL6 , In terms of that option, it shows up if your platfrom is Linux, RPi or Android.  Thank you for letting me know of a use case where the platform is one of those, but the option does not make sense.  I will make a new skin setting that allows you to disable having that option in the shutdown menu.  It will be enabled by default for those platforms, so you will have to go intto skin settings and disable it.  I will let you know when this is done so that you can test.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @SJL6 , the changes are already on GitHub.  There is a new setting "Hide Reboot to Android in the Shutdown Menu", which you have to enable if you do not want to see that option.  You can find the new setting here:

Please test and let me know if it works well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-15, 10:35)frankvw Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is a regression or not. Also not sure if the missing file is a LE or Kodi issue, or if Xonfluence could install if it is missing. I just thought I'd let you know, though. Smile

@frankvw , it seems to me that it is a LE issue, or a Kodi issue under LE.  Skins do not (should not) write anything in those folders that are part of the default Kodi install.  I think it best to repoen the issue in the LE forums.  

Just to confirm, you should be having the same issue with the default Kodi skin Esturay, correct? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi, Bart!

(2021-10-15, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-15, 10:35)frankvw Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is a regression or not. Also not sure if the missing file is a LE or Kodi issue, or if Xonfluence could install if it is missing. I just thought I'd let you know, though. Smile

@frankvw , it seems to me that it is a LE issue, or a Kodi issue under LE.  Skins do not (should not) write anything in those folders that are part of the default Kodi install.  I think it best to repoen the issue in the LE forums. 
I had not considered that, but you do have a very good point in that addons (including skins) should not modify the system outside their own folders. And indeed, I have yet to see an add-on or skin break anything (touch wood!) so it appears that all developers are indeed following that rule. Developers of other software packages should take note. Smile So yes, I agree this would be an LE issue (assuming that Kodi itself is not to blame, but in that case this would be a common issue that would have been resolved age ago, I imagine). I'll take it up with the LE team.

(2021-10-15, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Just to confirm, you should be having the same issue with the default Kodi skin Esturay, correct? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Well, that's a bit of a weird thing - I tried it in Estuary and it worked, but only after installing the library node editor add-on (for which I was prompted when I first tried to access that submenu option). So I'm not sure what's going on here.

Anyway, thanks for your reply and all your work on the skin!!

// FvW
Hi Bart, wow you’re on fire with changes requested I don’t know how you do it so quick lol.

I have stumbled across a problem though, the version I am using is 4.1.5 and the version on GitHub is the same? I also seem to be having trouble installing the zip. I get an error that it failed to install due to an invalid structure?

could well be me doing something wrong 😄
(2021-10-16, 16:43)SJL6 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart, wow you’re on fire with changes requested I don’t know how you do it so quick lol.

I have stumbled across a problem though, the version I am using is 4.1.5 and the version on GitHub is the same? I also seem to be having trouble installing the zip. I get an error that it failed to install due to an invalid structure?

could well be me doing something wrong 😄
@SJL6 , thank you!

The version in GitHub is still 4.1.5, but with all of the latest fixes.  I just have not changed the version yet.  I just tried downloading the zip file from GitHub, and installing the skin from that in a portable Matrix installation, and it installed just fine.  Could you please delete the zip file(s) that you have downloaded from GitHub and download again?  Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Has anybody been able to figure out how to add Kodi favorites as a widget with this skin? The only way ive figured out how to do this was to use Superfavorites addon. Inside the addon is an Explore Kodi favourites button that I added to Favorites and chose that as a widget, but some favorites dont like to open through SuperFavorites.
Hey Bsoriano, have a question about the skin settings/Script Options/Supported Addons and scripts. There is a setting for "Enable Custom Video Info Script" So what would the Custom Video Info script Command be to use script.extendedinfo as the Custom Video info script? Do you know exactly what this is supposed to be used for? Thanks, was always curious if this was a way to open Extendedinfo by default when clicking Information on a video item.
(2021-10-19, 00:50)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bsoriano, have a question about the skin settings/Script Options/Supported Addons and scripts. There is a setting for "Enable Custom Video Info Script" So what would the Custom Video Info script Command be to use script.extendedinfo as the Custom Video info script? Do you know exactly what this is supposed to be used for? Thanks, was always curious if this was a way to open Extendedinfo by default when clicking Information on a video item.

Yes, this was originally added a long time ago after I made a request to Helly in order to open ExtendedInfo or other video information type dialogs created by third parties without actually having to hard code that support into the skin itself (and then have the need to keep that updated with any changes).

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I planned to set mine to open a TMDBHelper dialog these days.
(2021-10-19, 01:13)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 00:50)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bsoriano, have a question about the skin settings/Script Options/Supported Addons and scripts. There is a setting for "Enable Custom Video Info Script" So what would the Custom Video Info script Command be to use script.extendedinfo as the Custom Video info script? Do you know exactly what this is supposed to be used for? Thanks, was always curious if this was a way to open Extendedinfo by default when clicking Information on a video item.

Yes, this was originally added a long time ago after I made a request to Helly in order to open ExtendedInfo or other video information type dialogs created by third parties without actually having to hard code that support into the skin itself (and then have the need to keep that updated with any changes).

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I planned to set mine to open a TMDBHelper dialog these days.
Sweet, well since ExtendedInfo mod was just recently redone, do you know what custom command I can use to make that the default?