Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi Bart - ive tried it out, i tested out most of the options available at the moment - just changing the menu items and labels - all seems to be working as they should (using windows 10 pc with kodi 19.3)  
keep up the good work Smile
(2021-10-30, 03:40)Racer_X Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-28, 23:18)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]You can try copying over the skin.xonfluence folder in userdata/addon_data from your 18 version to the 19 version, but as  jmh2002 said it may work, it may not depending on the changes to the skin settings. But it should work in this case, maybe...

(2021-10-28, 23:13)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Normally you would just save the settings.xml (Kodi > userdata > addon_data > skin.xonfluence > settings.xml).

But just like Kodi, when doing a major version update it should be done from scratch. This is especially the case for Kodi 19 because there are a lot of changes connected to Python 3.

If you have more than one Kodi device then I normally just update one of them, and use one of the others as a working example. When the updated one is working correctly and set up as desired you can then update the others and copy over the settings.xml to them too.

Hope that helps Nod

Ok, so... that gives me a little hope.  I've read that Kodi 19 was firstly just a transfer to python3 without any major changes planned, it was just a code switch.  I don't know how much that affects xconfluence or a settings file for xconfluence.  But it's something to try, and if it doesn't work then I'll go through and reconfigure the whole thing.  Using it on AndroidTV and it's a pain to do with a remote/remote app.  And then of course copying it over to other enviros.  I have a kodi on my PC, but I don't really use it, and only use the default skin.  It's mostly for testing stuff - library features, library stuff that's scanning wrong, etc.

Ok, thanks folks -
Let me be clear, there is 0 chance your going to be able to copy over addons/skins or anything else from 18 to 19. I was specifically ONLY talking about the skin.xonfluence folder in addon_data. That might be the only thing that might work after you install a fresh version of Kodi 19 and the Matrix version of Xonfluence, pretty much anything else just wont work.
(2021-10-30, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

Today I have made some progress towards implementing skinshortcuts with Xonfluence.  With the latest from GitHub, you can now setup the menu and submenu using skinshortcuts, which means you can add unlimited menu items/submenu items, you can reorder the menu/submenu as you choose, and you can delete or disable any menu/submenu item that you do not want to see or use. 

You can also configure the power menu the same way.

THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS, so you will not be able to see configured widget or addon shortcuts yet.  Widget(s) are going to take a while, since I will have to venture into coding that I am not familiar with yet.  This is due to my goal of providing unlimited widgets for Xonfluence as well.  Since widgets are going to take a while, I figured that I would let you know where I am at now, so you can test if you wish.

I have not changed the current menu system at all, so there's no need for concern.  I added a new setting to enable the use of skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration.  So, you can test this new menu system without losing anything you had configured before.

You will find the new setting here:

And you now have a new settings section "Home menu options" where you configure the menu:

Only the first two options do anything right now.  If you select "Customize Home menu", you will get a dialog like this:

And there you can configure the menu.

If any of you decide to test what I have so far, please let me know how it goes.  I know that the widget, addon shortcuts and background for the each menu item are not working, so please do not report that.  If you find anything else that is not working, please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
So far so good, those two sections are working for me also, thanks for getting back to this so quickly after you lost it!!
I just put Xonfluence on an update of KODI to 19.3 on my Mac using the settings.xml file from the Android version (adbLink to extract from my FireTV although I could have grabbed it from my NVidia Shield directly via SMB).  Other than adding addons like Global Search, etc. and Weather addons, etc., once I copied the movie/tv databases over (made a new music one since the locations are different for some local things), it looks just like the Android one now.  It did quit once "unexpectedly" and that was an issue I had with the last time I updated it to 19.1 (no Xonfluence, but KODI in general), but it did it continually even with a new install.  It's at least improved, whatever it is.  I use it more on the Mac in the past for testing and editing names (easier to do with a keyboard than remote) and then I could export the updated database entries to the Android playback device in other rooms, but since it broke awhile back with 19.1, I haven't used it for awhile.  Hopefully, it'll be useful again.
(2021-10-31, 22:13)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me be clear, there is 0 chance your going to be able to copy over addons/skins or anything else from 18 to 19. I was specifically ONLY talking about the skin.xonfluence folder in addon_data. That might be the only thing that might work after you install a fresh version of Kodi 19 and the Matrix version of Xonfluence, pretty much anything else just wont work.

Yes, I knew that's what you meant.  I'm aware that Kodi requires all addons, etc. to be reinstalled and re-configured.  I may try the settings for the keymap editor, but those are the only things.  Every thing else I'm happy to (or resigned to) reconfiguring from scratch.  And I also understand that xonfluence (and keymap) may not work.
Hey Bsoriano, just throwing it out there...It would be cool if you can incorporate script.skinvariables in Xonfluence for the viewtypes.. Wink
Hi Bart.
I love this skin and have been using it for a few years but recently upon booting up my android tv box Xonfluence came up as first run and I lost all my settings.
After rescanning my drives and setting up the submenus all were ok for a few days. I power off the box after use but upon rebooting I am back to square 1, all the submenu choices have reverted to default.
This has happened a few times now the database of my movies and tv shows are still there but the submenus are all back at defaults.When I close down Kodi I wait until it reverts to the android screen so that kodi is correctly closed down
I do not know if it is Kodi (ver 19.3),the Xonfluence skin (latest version) or the android box. Any help would be appreciated as it is a pain to have to set up the submenus every few days
(2021-11-02, 18:38)phil49 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know if it is Kodi (ver 19.3),the Xonfluence skin (latest version) or the android box. Any help would be appreciated as it is a pain to have to set up the submenus every few days

@phil49 , I am not sure what the issue might be.  Could you please post a debug log (https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy) of when the issue happens? That way I can evaluate what the problem might be.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-02, 03:15)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bsoriano, just throwing it out there...It would be cool if you can incorporate script.skinvariables in Xonfluence for the viewtypes.. Wink
@jdig4240 , I sure can.  I will add this to my To-Do list for the skin.  Thanks for the request.

Regards,

Bart
hi Bart, im tinkering with the widget layouts, i currently have 10 different layouts to choose from, but im having a slight issue with the 'select widget layout' popup box,(where you actually select the layout)  
the list of layouts is shown, together with the header & header.png and the X.  but the actual image making up the popup box is not visible for some unknown reason, any pointers, hints or tips to rectify this issue (see pic) - thanks 
Bart - disregard last post - i managed to sort it Smile  
(2021-11-05, 16:38)udangaribaldi Wrote: [ -> ]Bart - disregard last post - i managed to sort it Smile  
Maybe this was due to the graphics missing from the Texture Package? I can see you have different botton-designs in the two screenshots.
(2021-11-06, 13:34)Trillian_M1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-05, 16:38)udangaribaldi Wrote: [ -> ]Bart - disregard last post - i managed to sort it Smile  
Maybe this was due to the graphics missing from the Texture Package? I can see you have different botton-designs in the two screenshots.

i had to change to couple of integer numbers, and re-size the buttons and font to get the panel background to show Smile  i think everything needed to be a within a certain size, (no scroll ability). 
im actually modding an early version of Bart's Xonfluence Skin, not the current version.  Bart has seen it and he helps me out, which im thankful for.  
ive a load of mods including a 2nd widget set and 10 widget layouts(took me months to sort them) plus most of the images used to make up the elements of the homescreen have multiple images which can be used(modded the look and feel settings). can re-position everything on the homescreen,  add new fonts and im currently working on a way to change colours of specific items(text and images) Bart passed on some pointers, hints&tips for how i can do that too.  Smile  
im just a tinker - im not a coder - i just copy&paste and then change(tinker) a few things  - i prefer getting hints&tips so i can figure it out myself - Bart knows this.
ImageImage
(2021-11-03, 15:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-02, 03:15)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bsoriano, just throwing it out there...It would be cool if you can incorporate script.skinvariables in Xonfluence for the viewtypes.. Wink
@jdig4240 , I sure can.  I will add this to my To-Do list for the skin.  Thanks for the request.

Regards,

Bart
Hey Bart, just throwing it out there to possibly add to your To-Do list. Can you look into getting the Game windows/ retroplayer stuff up to date? Some things dont seem to work as they should yet in Xonfluence. For example if you install Internet archive game launcher, certain in game emulator menu options dont work, like Stretch mode in Xonfluence. If you switch over to Estuary the options work. Thanks Bart!!
I've installed Xonfluence on a new LibreELEC 10. All works fine, instead of the default home menu button. This should be "videos" but its "series". Is there a bug?