Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question about auto refresh media info with kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm searching a software or a way to keep always update the library, you know, living in another country mean also this, during time the media information will be updated, maybe translated and so on. Not a big deal or a big problem, right, but if exist the possibility to do that, why not.

So during my searches I found TMM, that, for my knowledge, is quite the best solution. I've only some questions:
1. Is possible to set up TMM directly to the mysql database? I'm running kodi with external mysql database, so the idea is to write directly to database all the information and beside the mediafiles keep the images and others, so kodi have to be configured to scrape only local files.
2. If question 1, is also possible to set up TMM in order to start the update by cron and update only the actual information that is changed?

Thanks, J
No, modifying a database belonging to another application is heavy condemnable!
If the app (Kodi) does some changes, you will for sure mess it up completely...
And we cannot support all the different versions running out there, nor we could react on changes in a timely manner....

But there's another way:
Kodi has some remote functionality, to trigger a reload of a movie (from it's NFO file).
This is what we already can do.

Setup a Kodi RPC connection in our settings, and try it!
Hasn't been tested thoroughly... but might already work...

br
(2019-08-15, 13:40)myron Wrote: [ -> ]No, modifying a database belonging to another application is heavy condemnable!
If the app (Kodi) does some changes, you will for sure mess it up completely...
And we cannot support all the different versions running out there, nor we could react on changes in a timely manner....

But there's another way:
Kodi has some remote functionality, to trigger a reload of a movie (from it's NFO file).
This is what we already can do.

Setup a Kodi RPC connection in our settings, and try it!
Hasn't been tested thoroughly... but might already work...

br

Thanks, I'll try