Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: file search broken in Kodi 18.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since Kodi updated to 18.3, files search button no longer returns results but "no results found". I've reverted back to 18.1 until we have kodi 18.4 fix this.
(2019-08-15, 16:29)Canice Wrote: [ -> ]I've reverted back to 18.1 until we have kodi 18.4 fix this.

It's good to know that you are helping us figure out what the problem is.
just get global search plugin
(2019-08-16, 03:00)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]just get global search plugin

Global search doesn't do the same thing and it only searchs meta data. If you have nas Network Attached Storage containing all my music videos in the music videos folder. Say you search a artist. All music videos with the artist or key word show up in results and secondly it can play all the music videos in that one search... only in music videos I don't set its content type because I've not added meta data to my music videos. Thus the search found in kodi 18.1 works perfectly. ie common key word search returning only what's in the one big folder.
We've never had a file search!
(2019-08-16, 18:21)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]We've never had a file search!

Excuse me we have it since kodi 17. When your in the list of videos, use the mouse to open slide blade menu n there you can sort layout of your files n next to that is SEARCH. Say sorry you look ignorant. I've screenshot it here. Fix it to previous code of search to that of kodi 18.1 or 18.2. 18.1 works.

Here's my link of screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13h4l6yC...p=drivesdk
That still only searchs your library (scraped videos) not a folder of files (non-scraped videos) though.
(2019-08-19, 07:21)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]That still only searchs your library (scraped videos) not a folder of files (non-scraped videos) though.

Yeah I know. Please fix ver. 18.3 to 18.1 because it can't even search or scrap what's in the a smb folder link path in my NAS, if the specified file path has NO CONTENT TYPE set. I'm not setting content type for music videos because for some reason having a content type for music videos won't let me search by music artist.it only works if you enter the title. But as you know, if you want to play songs from a artist you have to enter artist name, not the title. So the only way search of music videos could work was having artist and song name in the title of each video and set content type to none in the file path of my library.

Note: if you have corrected this in v.18.3 where my music videos can now be set to CONTENT TYPE - MUSIC VIDEOS. And now are searchable by artist of which returns all songs in my library with that specified artist. (Title,artist,album, etc) please indicate your work on this, or better make a YouTube video of this working as described above.

Regards,

Canice
Search will only find videos stored in the database so nothing will be found for if the content type is set to None.
(2019-08-19, 17:29)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Search will only find videos stored in the database so nothing will be found for if the content type is set to None.
I finally say this "Add and or bring back search for non content set videos and or other content types. The search I was use to in v.18.1 saved me scrolling time n thats alot of time. Use Auto-complete to bring up results of videos as you type,l (playable videos within that search result) and I mean videos I have in my library not information about videos.

Note: you might make it simple by having your existing SEARCH n another one for non-content set videos. This non-content one is a must for me. I'm sticking with previous kodi to 18.3 to have this SEARCH. That's the clearest I can explain it.
The 18.1 'Search' button was actually a mislabeled 'Filter' button which was fixed with this PR that also added the proper 'Search' button.
Thanks man. I was looking for that function since kodi 15..didn't realise I had already this in filter all this time. And when kodi 17.6 came out prayers had been answered.

I was telling ya the functionality I seeked all this time too n it didn't click with ya. But I know mis labelled filter as search through us off.ie your 1st post said we never had Search... I could have experimented with everything and learnt about the filter... sorry but the confusion

Regards