Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Deleted Tv Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, 

I noticed a small problem:  whenever I delete a whole TV series from disk and then I clean the Kodi database, embruary will still show the series. It also happens, but it is irregular, that sometimes embruary will not list a show, but just one  (I have 100 listed). Is it possible  to fix this?  I love this skin but every time I delete something I have to reinstall all.
(2019-08-16, 19:40)Darker Wrote: [ -> ]whenever I delete a whole TV series from disk and then I clean the Kodi database,

Just wondering... Why would you not delete a TV series directly from Kodi's GUI? There is no need to do a whole cleaning every time you delete a TV series. You will need to enable the option for Kodi to delete source files.
Try a skin reload from the sidebar, but usually all listings are going to be updated if a item of the video db changes. And I do not use any caching. I only do read operations to interact with the database, which is handled by the Kodi core. You have to check on your end why your missing show isn't listed and why the database doesn't recognize it. But that's not a skin issue.
(2019-08-16, 19:47)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-16, 19:40)Darker Wrote: [ -> ]whenever I delete a whole TV series from disk and then I clean the Kodi database,

Just wondering... Why would you not delete a TV series directly from Kodi's GUI? There is no need to do a whole cleaning every time you delete a TV series. You will need to enable the option for Kodi to delete source files. 
Thanks for the reply. I use windows on HTPC so it is only "natural" to delete the files/folder. I hand't considered doing that from inside kodi, but I will try.
(2019-08-16, 20:48)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Try a skin reload from the sidebar, but usually all listings are going to be updated if a item of the video db changes. And I do not use any caching. I only do read operations to interact with the database, which is handled by the Kodi core. You have to check on your end why your missing show isn't listed and why the database doesn't recognize it. But that's not a skin issue.

Hi, thanks for the reply  and for the help.

It is not the missing show not being listed but the shows being listed after deleting them.

I have an HTPC where I cache the tvshows.  Each show is in a folder with season subfolders. The information for each series is local, I use embermedia to build the nfo's, images, etc.

Everything works great.

However, if I delete a whole TV Show from the disk its thumb will still show on the TV Series list on kodi even after I do a database cleanup.

Ember skin is the only skin where this ever happened.  And it only happens on TV Shows, on films deleting and cleaning works fine.

So much that I thought Ember was doing it's own caching. I have no idea why this happens but it does happens and it is rather annoying as everytime I delete a show I have to uninstall  and reinistall the skin. Fortunatelly that is not often.
As I said, I do not cache anything. Try a skin reload from the sidebar, that forces widgets, etc to refresh. If it's still there, than the library still has the information.
Do what Klojum said instead. This removes the files from the drive AND removes the item from the database.
(2019-08-17, 14:14)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]AND removes the item from the database.
Well, not entirely actually. Not all related records from a TV series from all tables are removed, so harmless residue remains in the database. Something Kodi has to work on, the garbage collection.
Ah, okay. Always thought this is the case.
(2019-08-17, 14:40)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, okay. Always thought this is the case.

Thank you both. I will do as you recommended as I really don't want to change skin.  Any idea why this only happens on this skin and on tv series but not on films?
You still have not reported back if a skin reload from the sidebar helps.
(2019-08-17, 14:49)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]You still have not reported back if a skin reload from the sidebar helps.

Sorry, I tried and it doesn't.
Then the item is still in the database. I have no control about the items of the library views, but for the widgets. And all I do is to query them via the JSON RPC of the Kodi core and return the output. 

Do the 'deleted' items only appear in a widget (if yes, which one?) or also in a common library view?

Edit:
You could also provide me your MyVideos116.db and the name of the item that is still returned so I can double check it if you want.
(2019-08-17, 15:09)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Then the item is still in the database. I have no control about the items of the library views, but for the widgets. And all I do is to query them via the JSON RPC of the Kodi core and return the output. 

Do the 'deleted' items only appear in a widget (if yes, which one?) or also in a common library view?

Edit:
You could also provide me your MyVideos116.db and the name of the item that is still returned so I can double check it if you want.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I had to wait until I had something to delete from the database so this would happen again (yes I could have done it on purpose but it is hot and I am lazzy Tongue)

The deleted item appears on common library view. Oddly if I navigate to a deleted series it shows as empty and then on going back it is removed from the shows listing. But on next time starting kodi it is there once more.

I am sending you the database in a PM. Thanks for the help.
(2019-08-17, 15:09)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Then the item is still in the database. I have no control about the items of the library views, but for the widgets. And all I do is to query them via the JSON RPC of the Kodi core and return the output. 

Edit:

Uppp seems  I can't  send you the db by PM, I have put it here: https://gofile.io/?c=wTBzjN
what have you deleted?

Edit:
Please also provide a log
Pages: 1 2 3