Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4K Video Washed Out - Too White
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Hoping someone can help with this. I’m running Windows 10 on my HTPC with an Nvidia GTX 1080. I have an Onkyo TX-NR656 receiver for the output from the PC to a Samsung NU8000 4K tv. I have HDR enabled in Windows, everything seems to be compatible. Netflix through the App looks okay but I feel like the colour is washed out. Kodi is worse, 80GB 4K movie I’m watching right now and the colours just don’t seem right. As well, the white is blinding, daylight scenes all definition is lost in the white spaces. Looking for any suggestions anyone has!

Cheers
(2019-08-18, 22:00)Nickjb16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All

Hoping someone can help with this. I’m running Windows 10 on my HTPC with an Nvidia GTX 1080. I have an Onkyo TX-NR656 receiver for the output from the PC to a Samsung NU8000 4K tv. I have HDR enabled in Windows, everything seems to be compatible. Netflix through the App looks okay but I feel like the colour is washed out. Kodi is worse, 80GB 4K movie I’m watching right now and the colours just don’t seem right. As well, the white is blinding, daylight scenes all definition is lost in the white spaces. Looking for any suggestions anyone has!

Cheers
Check this thread

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345566
Thanks Man. I’ll take a look but it’s quite a PITA to start from scratch with a new Kodi version. I’ll do it but was hoping maybe there was a simpler option or something I’m missing
And to make things more confusing, 1080P content seems to look better than 4K. Gotta be something to do with 4K and HDR support.
So, i bit the bullet and installed the Kodi version mentioned above. Looks amazing so far, tv is picking up an HDR signal even though windows isn’t set to that (passthrough im guessing). Exactly what I was looking for.