Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No DD nor DTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all.
My hardware is:
Asus chromebox with libreelec leia
Yamaha ax830
Old Samsung TV
Optoma projector
Everything is connected through hdmi cables.
The problem is that I have never saw FTD nor DD icon on amplifier display. I guess the sound is always decoded by kodi.
What is pretty weird for me - under "audio output device" option I see Samsung on hdmi 0, hdmi 1 to 4, alc283 analog and Bluetooth. Whatever option I choose no DD or DTS icon shows on amplifier display.
In the section "Audio passthrough" I got checked "Allow passthrough". And as output device also no matter what is chosen, no DD and DTS is shown.
What am I doing wrong?
Any ideas?
Mistake.
In the section "Audio passthrough" I got checked "Allow passthrough". And as output device also no matter what is chosen only on HDMI 1 sound comes out but , no DD and DTS is shown.
(2019-08-23, 22:31)osromocon Wrote: [ -> ]What am I doing wrong?

you missed to provide a logfile Wink
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
log here (I hope I did it correctly)
yes, you did it right. But you have way to many banned add-ons installed. You won't get any support in here while using them

Beside that, from what I can see. LE only detects the Samsung TV.

So to get any further....remove those banned add-on, tell me how you have connected your devices (as a recommendation: don't use ARC) and provide a new log.

Thanks in advance. I'll leave an automated message after this post as well for further information
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2019-08-25, 07:41)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

New log.

I hope this one is clean enough (I can't find those "red ones" in the list).

Regarding to the hardware.
As I said I'm using Yamaha AX 830 with several HDMI as inputs and two outputs for TV & projector.
I got connected to inputs - all through HDMI:
Kodi
Blu ray
Digital sat TV box
Chromecast

As you said - don't use ARC - this can be a tip. Now I'm thinking how to not use ARC.
I had digging few hours and it looks like my receiver hasn't got any DD nor DTS icons.
Digging deeper I found that all decoders seems to be work as they should. The information about decoders in use are shown on external display after switching on remote controller. Thus I don't use original remote controller for every day (only app in my phone) I had to find it and check for what all the keys are. Than I found that there is a key to change what is actually displayed on main display. I had always displayed source where I found that I can display also which decoder is in use. Now I see white on black and everything looks good.
Thanks anyway.
thread marked solved