Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 18.x on FireTV Stick 4k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've two issues while playing music from my mp3 library (samba share) using a ftvs4k these day (started using xbmc still on xbox ....)

i) music playback randomly stutters (not too often but at least to get anoying (think I never noticed this on ftvs1 nor ftv2 nor PI1))

ii) though Kodi stays "alive" while watching a movie the display of the TV gets black after ~ 25 min if haven't interacted with it even e.g. with lyrics on and no screensaver set.
Though the screen gets black the playback continues and when I press a button on the remote the default fTV menu comes up and I can "start" kodi again (or better I can bring the kodi gui back while playback continues)

Anybody an idea or hint two improve either of the two? thx!
Haven't tried Matrix, yet, but nobody else's annoyed that 18.9 doesn't stays in focus while playing music as it does on the playback of a video?!?
(My preferred Xonfluene skin isn't availabe for 19, yet)
Set the kodi screensaver. That'll keep it in focus so you're not kicked back to the home screen. I set mine to dim and bump it up to 60. I typically only use Party Mode in full screen and animate the fanart so it acts as a screensaver, as well. But it stays in focus is the main thing.
Thx - Set a screensaver too now as a workaround. Also picked Dim, set the dim level to 100 percent - which btw is NO dim at all - and set the time to kick in to 20 min.
This seems to mitigate the behaviour.