Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDHR3-US work with the AddOn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@sengsational Are you running LE on a Pi? I'd presumed you were given your other thread in the Pi forum.

There's a TvH server addon you can install from the LE repo on the Pi. You don't need any other device except something on your network with a web browser to access it and set it up (on port 9981 on your Pi, so http://pi.ip.address.here:9981).

It runs fine on a Pi3 and a Pi4 - I know as that's where i run mine...
(2020-02-13, 23:34)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@sengsational Are you running LE on a Pi?
Yes. You have given me hope that I can get this to work! Smile I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
(2020-02-13, 23:34)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]....
It runs fine on a Pi3 and a Pi4 - I know as that's where i run mine...
And now it's running on mine!  Thanks for the expertise / guidance.

As a wrap-up for the possible lurker with the old HDHR-US or HDHR3-US hardware that just wants to watch live TV, here's what I did.
  1. Bought a Raspberry Pi3 kit on Amazon (I bought a CanaKit with case and power supply).
  2. Used the "LibreELEC USB-SD Creator" and put "LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.0.img.gz" on a 32 GB SD card (one I had already).  Note: starts as 511MB partition, but configures to use all 32GB on first boot.
  3. Connected the Pi3 using an HDMI cable (I had already) to a TV.
  4. Connected a USB mouse and USB keyboard to the Pi3 (that I had already).
  5. Connected the Pi3 using an Ethernet cable (that I had already) to my house's intranet, and that already has my HDHR-US units (2x)
  6. Powered on the Pi3, booting up Kodi.
  7. Downloaded and installed TvHeadend server and client using the Kodi add-on functionality.
  8. At a separate computer on my intranet, used a web browser to the TvHeadend server (which was left running on the Pi3) on 192.168.3.313: 9981 (your IP will be different).
  9. TvHeadend found the existing HDHR-US units.
  10. Ran the TvHeadend wizard through to the end.  Channels scanned and mapped.  User names and passwords defined.  Default user deleted.
  11. Back at the Kodi interface, went into my add-ons, configuration for TvHeadend server, put in 192.168.3.313, tvh_user and tvh_pa55word (created through the web interface).  (127.0.0.1 might work, but I had an authorization snag and that's one thing I changed).
  12. Rebooting Kodi, going to TV then channels then selecting a channel causes it to start playing.  The channel guide is also populated from the OTA data.
Glad to hear it, and thanks for the walkthrough.

As a bonus, if you set up some suitable storage space (either a connected USB stick/drive or a mapped network drive) you can also use TvH to record. Set the path to the storage space in Configuration > Recordings > Recording file options in the TvH dashboard, then you can use either the EPG in Kodi, the EPG in the TvH dashboard or a 3rd party app to set up recordings (which you can playback through Kodi).

For the app, if you've got an Android phone or tablet I can recommend TvHClient as a great way to set recordings.
Thread marked solved.
Pages: 1 2