Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RPI 3 B+ wakes up TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ocassionally my RPI running LibreELEC / KODI wakes up my TV seemingly randomly. Sometimes this happens in the middle of the night.
I tried to disable the switch source to this device on startup -option but it didn't solve the problem. I am guessing my RPI 3 B+ crashes for some reason and then reboots, because when the TV turned on, KODI was running those library update checks which I've configured it to run whenever it boots. Are there somekind of event logs which I could view to figure out what is causing these weird wakeups? Any suggestions how to deal with this problem? Thanks.

Kodi 18.2
LibreELEC 9.0.2
Raspberry Pi 3 B+
You have the screensaver option enabled? Try to turn it off.
(2019-08-26, 10:27)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You have the screensaver option enabled? Try to turn it off.

I can try that but I don't think that is the cause.
Anyway, the event logs show Raspberry Pi has successfully booted this morning at 9:15 and I have not ordered it to reboot at that time.
I use to have the screensaver trigger the CEC and have the RPi steal the focus of the HDMI port selection on the TV from another HDMI connected device.
(2019-08-26, 10:32)der_general Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 10:27)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ] 
Anyway, the event logs show Raspberry Pi has successfully booted this morning at 9:15 and I have not ordered it to reboot at that time. 
I suggest you post the logs so that someone can help you.
The Kodi event log only records the time when Kodi started and isn't proof of a full system reboot - it could be that Kodi is crashing and restarting, in which case you should normally* have a crash log that you can upload using the link in the LibreELEC Settings add-on.

* If Kodi is killed by the out-of-memory (OOM) process killer there may not be a crash log, but there would be evidence of OOM activity in the current system log (so long as the system hasn't been restarted since the OOM event) so upload the normal Kodi log too, again using the link in the LibreELEC Settings add-on.
(2019-08-26, 11:17)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 10:32)der_general Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 10:27)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ] 
I suggest you post the logs so that someone can help you. 

What kind of logs should I post and how to acquire them? All that I have been able to find is picture related.

qidemihobo (paste)

Here's something I was able to acquire.
Settings > LibreELEC > System > Submit Log > <two upload log options - click both, paste both links here>
(2019-08-28, 22:21)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Settings > LibreELEC > System > Submit Log > <two upload log options - click both, paste both links here>

Crash log actually fails to paste and upload.
(2019-08-28, 22:42)der_general Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-28, 22:21)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Settings > LibreELEC > System > Submit Log > <two upload log options - click both, paste both links here>

That most likely means they're too large as we have a 1MB limit - you seem to have some network issues which may be causing the log spam.

In that case you may be better off accessing the "Logfiles" samba share and uploading the most recent zip file somewhere (for example: Dropbox, Googledrive etc.) then post the download link.

However as I say - for evidence of OOM it's vital you have not rebooted the system (and your TV has already "woken up") before uploading the zip file, as we're still trying to work out the basics of what is going on with your device and rebooting the system will wipe potentially useful information...
(2019-08-29, 00:13)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-28, 22:42)der_general Wrote: [ -> ]

That most likely means they're too large as we have a 1MB limit - you seem to have some network issues which may be causing the log spam.

In that case you may be better off accessing the "Logfiles" samba share and uploading the most recent zip file somewhere (for example: Dropbox, Googledrive etc.) then post the download link.

However as I say - for evidence of OOM it's vital you have not rebooted the system (and your TV has already "woken up") before uploading the zip file, as we're still trying to work out the basics of what is going on with your device and rebooting the system will wipe potentially useful information... 
I'll try to upload the samba share log when I have the time and after next random wake up has occurred.

By the way, I have a Samsung 850 EVO attached to the RPI through an external USB-TO-SATA3 -adapter. The device is powered by RPI's USB2-port. Does it have anything to do with this issue?
Unlikely, but your logs will help to identify if the drive is an issue.
(2019-08-30, 12:12)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Unlikely, but your logs will help to identify if the drive is an issue.

Here are some logs:

https://pastebin.com/yFVCCqEf
https://pastebin.com/18425ubK

That SSH login right after the crash is me logging in to check what's going on.
Quite embarrassing to admit but I realised I had the "Devices to wake up at startup" -option set to "TV", which probably caused the TV to wake up after the crash boot. Probably won't happen again but the crashing problem still remains. Any idea what might be wrong?