Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't select episode thumbnail - user error or bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a new user to TMM and so far it looks like it'll do exactly what I was hoping it would - but with one significant issue: I cannot find any way to select from the multiple episode thumbnail images available to a scraper.

Could someone let me know if I'm just doing something wrong, or if this is a bug (or missing feature), please?

I'm selecting a specific TV show episode in the left panel (one I know has multiple thumb images available in tmdb, which I have as my main tv show scraper, and also as the only enabled tv artwork scraper (for testing, I would enable all 3 for artwork in normal use). I then edit the episode (Ctrl-Shift-E), and left-click on the thumbnail image in the resultant details window - exactly as I do to select the poster and fanart images for movies and tv shows themselves. For the episode, however, the expected "choose image" window does not appear, but only a file browser window to select a local file.

How do I get an scraper-source image-selection window the same as for all other artwork types, or is that for some reason not working/possible?
Thanks.

(TMM 3.0.3 on Windows 10)
this feature has not been implemented since there are very few episodes which have more than one thumb available..
and I do not know if we should take the time to implement this for such a few episodes.. there are more urgent things to do with our time..
Thanks for the swift reply - at least I now know I'm not missing anything through user error!

I understand about the prioritisation: obviously it'd be a nice-to-have at some future date if possible - though I guess it may well only make sense IF the image picker is ever updated to pull options from all the enabled scrapers in one go (e.g. offering the thumbnails from both tvdb & tmdb at once)… which would be brilliant, but is presumably not a quick/easy enhancement (so again, "maybe one day").
where you can see the image picker, it is already presenting the images from all available scrapers together Wink
thumbnail selection for episodes has just not been implemented..
Ah - got it!
I'd be delighted if episode thumbnail picking gets added in future since the different sources will offer different images at least moderately frequently (I think) - but I understand if it's not necessarily any kind of priority.

Thanks again for your help  Smile