Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: transifex bot and case sensitivy of language tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using transifex for my projects since years and recently configured the auto pull request feature of them so I don't have to manually download completed languages.
It works very well but the only issue I have is that Transifex is changing the folder name from resource.language.pt_pt to resource.language.pt_PT for example.

I do not have a LE/CE/Linux/etc system running to check if this will cause case sensitivy issues. Can anybody give me a "it's okay. No problems and Kodi will handle it correctly" Smile ?
Just tested on a CoreELEC system and renaming a skins language sub directory from resource.language.en_gb to resource.language.en_GB works fine, no missing text that I can see, it doesn't seem to be case sensitive.
Awesome, thanks for the quick test.
(2019-08-26, 17:05)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, thanks for the quick test.
Yep, also confirmed in Kodi's source:- https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...gs.cpp#L97

c++:
std:Confusedtring pathname = CSpecialProtocol::TranslatePathConvertCase(pathname_in + language);

The paths case gets converted.