Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] VideoMonkey - a video plugin for YouTube, Dailymotion, and everything else!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Is it possible to include more information in the lists?

The plugin would be much more useful if one could see for example the long title/movie duration/rating/whatever directly from the lists or when selecting an item.
That would ulitmately improve this great plugin!

(If I was only too blind or stupid to find the right settings feel free to upbraid me, but please tell me where it is.)

I'm using XBMC 8.10 on Ubuntu Ibex, in case it matters.
sassi Wrote:nothing about justin.tv?
Remember me next year Laugh
badticket Wrote:Hi sfaxman,

daily using VM, noticed that Youtube doesn 't work the last week(s). Today it seems to be o.k. (new VM version --> is it possible to see the version of VM in VM something like "about VM" ??).
The regex for Youtube are not perfect. It is fixed in next release. I hope I can release it today.
But an update function will be cooler Rofl
badticket Wrote:But something went wrong....

Youtube: Search term --> heroes --> result seems to be o.k. --> it works !!

Youtube: Search term --> heroes destiny --> VM fucks up, Xbox restart is necessary....

checked this 3 times... same result, strange ....
This happens when the title of the video contains <b>...</b> Eek
badticket Wrote:One further thing to "search results" .... I noticed in the past, that recently used search result were provided from VM as a "search help list" where you could take one of your recently used favorites again....
But this does only work once... than never again... in the last few weeks I didn't noticed this feature again... (do I mix it up with Navi-X)

It's alway be a pleasure for me helping to get a (more) perfect VM, or spread informations about VM to the world who could get afford to use this cool tool...

Greetz
Navi-X Oo Denke sehr badticket Cool
whity Wrote:Is it possible to include more information in the lists?

The plugin would be much more useful if one could see for example the long title/movie duration/rating/whatever directly from the lists or when selecting an item.
That would ulitmately improve this great plugin!

(If I was only too blind or stupid to find the right settings feel free to upbraid me, but please tell me where it is.)

I'm using XBMC 8.10 on Ubuntu Ibex, in case it matters.
This is already implemented in Python. I must update the cfgs. Furthermore the skin must support showing these infos.
I will add an option in the settings to add these infos to the titles of the videos Nod

sfaxman...
Thank you! Smile

I'm currently using the standard skin... does that show those infos?
If not... which one would you suggest?
I cant get this plugin to do anything... im using atlantis final on windows, i've added the plugin as a source, i select "videomonkey" and just an empty folder... argh ;(
sorry didn't get it... please explain this:

This happens when the title of the video contains <b>...</b>

But... I don't know the exactly title... so therefore we (I) use "search titles" --> one or more search terms to find the desired result....

so what do you mean ? Confused

Sorry for nasty Navi-X questions .... Oo
whity Wrote:I'm currently using the standard skin... does that show those infos?
If not... which one would you suggest?
I don't know Confused The best one Laugh
badticket Wrote:sorry didn't get it... please explain this:

This happens when the title of the video contains <b>...</b>

But... I don't know the exactly title... so therefore we (I) use "search titles" --> one or more search terms to find the desired result....

so what do you mean ? Confused

Sorry for nasty Navi-X questions .... Oo

Hi badticket,

I mean the parsed titles from html. Forget it... The new version has no problems with this issue.

I just added a new cool update feature Cool Now, if a new version is detected in svn, you will be informed through a new icon when the plugin is started.

If you want to test this feature, remove or change the file 'version' (directly in root directory).

@developers/translators: Please when you change anything in the plugin, increment the version nbr (in file 'version'). This change informs the plugin that a new version is available

sfaxman...
intranix Wrote:I cant get this plugin to do anything... im using atlantis final on windows, i've added the plugin as a source, i select "videomonkey" and just an empty folder... argh ;(

Can anyone confirm this Huh

sfaxman...
sfaxman Wrote:Can anyone confirm this Huh

sfaxman...

yep , not working in windows for me too (empty folder)

R.
rolF2 Wrote:yep , not working in windows for me too (empty folder)

R.

I found the problem. It is described here (File path of type unicode and not str) Confused
I will upload a workaround in some minutes Nod

sfaxman...
Still crashes when loading on aTV.

Roy.
Hello sfaxman,

unfortunately i'm not familar with RegEx. My question is, if you can make MSN Movies to run with VideoMonkey ? Wink

angryjack
roydonaldson Wrote:Still crashes when loading on aTV.

Roy.

Same here. Running on ATV 2.2 and beta 2.
First of all, LOVE this plugin! Thanks for all the great work.

I have a few feature suggestions:
- Allow for queing of videos by pressing Y. I did this in a script I wrote a while back and loved the feature.
- Add a function for downloading all queued videos. I also did this in a script and found it useful.
- Add functionality for displaying pictures as well as video clips. I know that this is a "video" plugin, but some sites have posts with either video or picture content. It would be nice to be able to display either.
- Make it easy for people to add new web sites by just adding a config file. Last time I checked, it seems like when the script as upgraded it would over write the file that indexed all the config files.

Please let me know if there is any way I can help with the coding, and keep up the good work!
Hi, NUB here. Just got xbmc and videomonkey and love it. Great work guys. My question is how do I add all the other great sources, like MTV and alphacentauri? I looked around all I could find is "edit the reg". A little more detail would be great.

Thanks,
Dave
Whenever I try to use this plugin on WinXP, it locks up XBMC. Here's the log message:

Code:
15:17:06 T:3196 M:959803392  NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:17:06 T:3196 M:959803392  NOTICE:   File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\video\VideoMonkey\videomonkey.py", line 1441, in run
15:17:06 T:3196 M:959803392  NOTICE:     os.mkdir(xbmcplugin.getSetting('download_Path'))
15:17:06 T:3196 M:959803392  NOTICE: OSError: [Errno 0] Error: 'F:\\videos'
15:17:06 T:3196 M:959815680  NOTICE: sites.list

I don't have a physical F drive on my machine. XBMC is using Q as it's drive. However, when I go into the Filemanager, it does say that there's an F drive, and that it's unavailable. From my search results, I'm guessing this is an XBox specific drive, however I haven't been able to find any information on this being using on XP.

Is there any way for me to tell XBMC that my download path should use the Q drive instead of the F drive, or another solution to this problem (aside from manually hard-coding all the paths)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39