Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] VideoMonkey - a video plugin for YouTube, Dailymotion, and everything else!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Hi sfaxman,

what would we be doing without VideoMonkey these days. Anyways, great work, keep it up.

The seperation of Adult portals from VideoMonkey into VideoDevil is okay for me, I got kids too. I just wish that it would be possible to turn of this confirmation that you have to pass, each time VideoDevil is starting. Wouldn't it be possible to make some true/false thing in a VideoDevil config file, so that there is a choice of turning it off?

One other thing, rather a request. There are a couple of XBMC Plugins that support the German ARD "Lindenstrasse" Video Streams as found on: http://www.lindenstrasse.de/lindenstrass...enframeset but then all are broken, meaning there is no working "Lindenstrasse"-Plugin for the XBMC. So my question/request, couldn't you... implement it into VideoMonkey? I mean whenever there is some time to do so for you...

Greets,

WOnken
WOnken Wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to make some true/false thing in a VideoDevil config file, so that there is a choice of turning it off?
This already planned for the next version Wink
WOnken Wrote:...meaning there is no working "Lindenstrasse"-Plugin for the XBMC...
Nod but not soon. This page has similar nasty rtmp sources as RTLNow Stare

sfaxman...
Any news on the Mac / ATV front?
The current versions of the monkey and the devil still crash XBMC 8.10bf1 and ATV, exiting with Error Status 10. I would love to use these two plugins, especially the monkey.
Many other plugins work fine, like GoogleVideo, Ted Talks, Onion News etc.

Randy.
Hi sfaxman,

This plugin is really a nice tool. Good job!

I have tried to add new channels myself ( spanish VoD sites like http://www.rtve.es/alacarta ), but my results are always empty and i don't know the cause.

It will be great if you can describe me shortly the steps i have to take in order to add a new site, or better if you prepare a short tutorial for all of us Smile

Of course, i will send you the new sites when i get them to work.

Thanks again.
randywaterhouse Wrote:Any news on the Mac / ATV front?
The current versions of the monkey and the devil still crash XBMC 8.10bf1 and ATV, exiting with Error Status 10. I would love to use these two plugins, especially the monkey.
Many other plugins work fine, like GoogleVideo, Ted Talks, Onion News etc.

Randy.
Hi, Try enabling the xbmc debug logging (Settings->System->Enable Debug Logging) and post a log Rolleyes
tvalacarta Wrote:I have tried to add new channels myself ( spanish VoD sites like http://www.rtve.es/alacarta ), but my results are always empty and i don't know the cause.
This page provide rtmp streams too Confused I think it will be not simple to add it. Take a look on this. Maybe it is a good start.

sfaxman...
Hi Sfaxman,

ok, I'll enable logging and try to post a log, thx.

Randy.
sfaxman Wrote:OK guys, i can test now under XBOX, windows and linux. The issues for these platforms will be fixed in the next hours (if not already done Big Grin The current version works for me without problems).

I removed xbmc.transletePath() as i saw no resentment under linux. This function should do nothing under windows and XBOX (Correct me if i'm wrong).

This did not fix the crash problem. As I stated above, the problem was the codecs.open method call.

I replaced codecs.open with the default python open method, and I've been able to run videomonkey without it locking up xbmc. To deal with unicode, I just made sure to encode('utf-8') before writing out to the config files. I haven't tested it too thoroughly, but everything seems to be working.

I've made a patch file which can be found here:
http://jhsheets.googlecode.com/svn/trunk...-fix.patch
Evil Elvis Wrote:This did not fix the crash problem. As I stated above, the problem was the codecs.open method call.

I replaced codecs.open with the default python open method, and I've been able to run videomonkey without it locking up xbmc. To deal with unicode, I just made sure to encode('utf-8') before writing out to the config files. I haven't tested it too thoroughly, but everything seems to be working.

I've made a patch file which can be found here:
http://jhsheets.googlecode.com/svn/trunk...-fix.patch
Confused Did you try to update your xbmc version Huh Which revision do you use Huh
Can you test if your modification works when a category with non ascii chars is written to cache. Go for example to TV -> Arte -> More -> arte (FR) -> Categories. Any errors Huh

sfaxman...
sfaxman Wrote:Confused Did you try to update your xbmc version Huh Which revision do you use Huh

Yeah, I updated it to the newest version. My patch is against rev. 507, and the only changes were the ones I made.

sfaxman Wrote:Can you test if your modification works when a category with non ascii chars is written to cache. Go for example to TV -> Arte -> More -> arte (FR) -> Categories. Any errors Huh

Yeah, this doesn't work; it can't locate the item in the cache. I'll look into it tomorrow, and see if I can get it to work.
Hi Sfaxman,

I just enabled the loggin and here's the log:

Code:
16:39:58 T:2684407808 M: 24293376   DEBUG: GetDirectory - URL for plugin settings: VideoMonkey/
16:39:58 T:2684407808 M: 24236032   DEBUG: GetDirectory - calling plugin /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/video/VideoMonkey/default.py('plugin://video/VideoMonkey/','0','')
16:39:58 T:2684407808 M: 24215552    INFO: initializing python engine.
16:39:58 T:2684407808 M: 24215552   DEBUG: Loading: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/python/python24-osx.so
16:40:01 T:2684407808 M: 18370560   DEBUG: new python thread created. id=1
16:40:01 T:48189952 M: 18362368   DEBUG: Running thread 48189952
16:40:01 T:48189952 M: 18362368   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
16:40:01 T:2684407808 M: 18362368   DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the VideoMonkey plugin...
16:40:01 T:48189952 M: 18358272   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
16:40:01 T:48189952 M: 18296832  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:40:01 T:48189952 M: 18296832  NOTICE:
16:40:03 T:2684407808 M: 16822272    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogProgress.xml

seems there is no real error, but it still crashes XBMC...

Randy.
randywaterhouse Wrote:seems there is no real error, but it still crashes XBMC...

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
anything else I can do? seems there are quite a few people with this problem, which is how I discovered this thread...any ideas?

Randy.
randywaterhouse Wrote:anything else I can do? seems there are quite a few people with this problem, which is how I discovered this thread...any ideas?

If you can tell me, where I can find the log on the ATV after activating the logging, I can post my log before crashing, too. Smile
newsilentsilver Wrote:If you can tell me, where I can find the log on the ATV after activating the logging, I can post my log before crashing, too. Smile

it's in the "logs" directory in the frontrow user's home dir. there is the regular xbmc log and a log from the crashreporter, but the latter didn't really show much information about the crash.

Randy.
Hi sfaxman,

do you know http://www.kino.to ? Wink

And what happened to alpha-Centauri? It's vanished after my update to the new version 1.13 today! Is it broken again?

Perhaps you can also explain and write a little tutorial how to create proper *.list and *.cfg files for VideoMonkey to add aditional sources (and/or to fix broken existing ones) self dependent. That could maybe be a relief for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39