Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR Channel Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am trying to find the JSON string that allows me to jump to the next channel in my PVR while playing.
I found the keymap name here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#Commands
Quote:ChannelUpPVR Used to switch up to the next channel. Works only if you playback TV or radio (v13 Gotham addition)

So I would do the following i guess..
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", “action”:“ChannelUp”, "id": 1}
or the following
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": {“action”:“ChannelUp”}, "id": 1}

but they both don't work.. What is the right code? Thank you so much in advance!
Dario
You need to be looking at the JSON-RPC API, not the keymap. Input.ExecuteAction needs a parameter of type Input.Action. If you expand the schema description of Input.Action, you will see a list of acceptable commands. These should work.

json:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": {"action":"channelup"}, "id": 1}

json:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": {"action":"channeldown"}, "id": 1}
(2019-08-28, 18:03)MrTarantula Wrote: [ -> ]You need to be looking at the JSON-RPC API, not the keymap. Input.ExecuteAction needs a parameter of type Input.Action. If you expand the schema description of Input.Action, you will see a list of acceptable commands. These should work.

json:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": {"action":"channelup"}, "id": 1}
json:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": {"action":"channeldown"}, "id": 1}

They do, thank you very much!