Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashing when scanning RAR files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This problem seems to be back(although it didn't affect be before)

debug log:
https://pastebin.com/g3nX2w5j

this seems to be the problem:
2019-08-26 21:02:40.356 T:12796   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?na...e%20series:
2019-08-26 21:02:40.356 T:12796   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

If I delete the tvdb addon folder from the addons folder Kodi starts up fine, otherwise it crashes as soon as it tries to scan. I have 3.0.16 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.
It does indeed seem to crash less, although it still happens sometimes. What I found more interesting though was that it only found the first episode in a season when scanning that season's folder but immediately scanning it again usually populated the rest of them. Before this update, it failed to update them every time so it's definitely an improvement. Smile

Anyway, below is the attached debug log. Smile

https://pastebin.com/aXeBva1p

I started by scanning a show I noticed it fails to find first (it found season 4 and 5 but with the slightly odd behavior described above and they follow the same naming scheme). Running the same API request in curl using the auth token provided in the logs does indeed result in a 404 indicating no match. Searching for the same search term using the website results in three hits with one of them being the correct one (Link). I then scanned a season of a show that causes it to crash pretty reliably (Link). At the end when it crashed, the log just cuts off. Should I enable some more verbose component logging to catch more information about the crash? If so, which one would you suggest?
@slydog3333

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
@blunden

Name your files correctly and the scraper might have a chance of matching them. Links in My Signature below may be of use to you.

smb://MEDIASRV/RAR 6/TV/Endeavour/Endeavour.S06.1080p.BluRay.x264/
smb://MEDIASRV/RAR/TV/Star.Trek.Voyager/Star.Trek.Voyager.S02.DVDRip.x264-MARS/
(2019-08-27, 23:04)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@slydog3333

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
@Karellen

Here is a cleaned log I think:
https://pastebin.com/RSZAuqdu

Today it started working partially but I noticed it's now crashing on certain shows like this Grantchester.

and improper naming shouldn't cause kodi to crash during a scrape. Worst case is it shouldn't scrape.
Almost. Still have components from TV Addons, F4MTester and superrepo installed. Paste your log to Kodi Paste Site and look for the orange entries.

Unfortunately the log ends before the scraper logs anything. Can you confirm it is TVDB scraper? I have no problem scraping the show.

What is the next item in your folder after Grantchester.S04E06? Is it a rar file or something else?

I have seen another log with crashing that also involves archive files. I guess it is the same issue. Can you move your rar files out of the folder and rescrape the show. Does it still crash?

I'll wait for your next cleaned log.
(2019-08-27, 23:07)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@blunden

Name your files correctly and the scraper might have a chance of matching them. Links in My Signature below may be of use to you.

smb://MEDIASRV/RAR 6/TV/Endeavour/Endeavour.S06.1080p.BluRay.x264/
smb://MEDIASRV/RAR/TV/Star.Trek.Voyager/Star.Trek.Voyager.S02.DVDRip.x264-MARS/
Can you say specifically what you mean is incorrectly named? The Endeavour season is named the same way as season 4 and 5 which both get picked up fine. The Star Trek Voyager seasons all got picked up fine before the recent API troubles with TVDB.

I assume you are pointing me to the section below but I'm not seeing what the issue is. Smile

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
Where are your episode numbers? How does Kodi know what episodes they are?
(2019-08-28, 08:22)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Where are your episode numbers? How does Kodi know what episodes they are?
Those are season names. The episode names are named using the usual naming standard, e.g. Endeavour.S06E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL. The same is true for the Voyager episodes and seasons (which I know were found successfully in the past, they just dropped from my library for some reason). Those seem to return matches according to the log though but causes Kodi to crash every time without logging the reason. Can I get you more log data somehow?
(2019-08-28, 11:16)blunden Wrote: [ -> ]Those are season names. The episode names are named using the usual naming standard, e.g. Endeavour.S06E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL.
Strange that your episodes for Endeavour are not showing up during the scan. For some reason Kodi cannot see them and is misidentifying the show. Can you give me a screenshot of your folder containing the Endeavour episodes thanks.

And you and slydog3333 are both using rar files and experiencing the crashing while scanning the rar files. There are two archive add-ons. I don't know which one you are using, but can you disable the current one and install the other one? I know one works better than the other, but I don't know which is which as I never use rar files.
@blunden
@slydog3333

I went hunting around for some further information and it seems that this issue with RAR files has been around for a while.

Here is an Issue report... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15488

Reading some of the posts in that link, some have had success with changing various settings. Might be worth trying the suggestions.

Also as this is not related to the recent TVDB issue, I have split the posts into a new thread.
(2019-08-28, 11:27)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-28, 11:16)blunden Wrote: [ -> ]Those are season names. The episode names are named using the usual naming standard, e.g. Endeavour.S06E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL.
Strange that your episodes for Endeavour are not showing up during the scan. For some reason Kodi cannot see them and is misidentifying the show. Can you give me a screenshot of your folder containing the Endeavour episodes thanks.

And you and slydog3333 are both using rar files and experiencing the crashing while scanning the rar files. There are two archive add-ons. I don't know which one you are using, but can you disable the current one and install the other one? I know one works better than the other, but I don't know which is which as I never use rar files.    
Yes, it's really weird considering the paths are basically the same for the earlier seasons.

Successfully scanned:

"X:\Media\RAR 6\TV\Endeavour\Endeavour.S03.720p.BluRay.x264\Endeavour.S03E01.720p.BluRay.x264-PRESENT"
"X:\Media\RAR 6\TV\Endeavour\Endeavour.S04.1080p.BluRay.x264\Endeavour.S04E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-BRMP"
Code:
Directory of X:\Media\RAR 6\TV\Endeavour\Endeavour.S06.1080p.BluRay.x264

2019-08-26 00:32 <DIR> .
2019-08-26 00:32 <DIR> ..
2019-08-26 00:53 <DIR> Endeavour.S06E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL
2019-08-26 00:56 <DIR> Endeavour.S06E02.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL
2019-08-26 00:58 <DIR> Endeavour.S06E03.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL
2019-08-26 01:00 <DIR> Endeavour.S06E04.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL

No results (but no crashes):

"X:\Media\RAR 6\TV\Endeavour\Endeavour.S06.1080p.BluRay.x264\Endeavour.S06E01.1080p.BluRay.x264-TURMOiL"

EDIT: It worked just now for Endeavour S06 when scanning the top level Endeavour folder instead of trying to scan that particular season or specific episodes manually.

Voyager still has issues though unfortunately.

Crashes reliably now (but worked before):

"Y:\Media\RAR\TV\Star.Trek.Voyager\Star.Trek.Voyager.S02.DVDRip.x264-MARS\Star.Trek.Voyager.S02E01.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264-MARS"
These seasons also contain DVD extras named Star.Trek.Voyager.S02.iNTERNAL.EXTRAS.DVDRip.x264-MARS if that matters. None of that has changed since back when it was working fine.

I only experience crashes when scanning some rar files and only very recently. This setup has worked fine since Leia was released after having some initial problems with the rar plugin. I'm using the rar-specific one (vfs.rar) that is supposedly the same hacked up unrar code that Kodi used to ship since back in the XBMC days. The vfs.libarchive add-on has a different library format though so switching might screw up my library. Note that Kodi has no problems streaming the content if I start it via the Files browser list. In other words it only affects scanning for me.
(2019-08-28, 12:01)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@blunden
@slydog3333

I went hunting around for some further information and it seems that this issue with RAR files has been around for a while.

Here is an Issue report... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15488

Reading some of the posts in that link, some have had success with changing various settings. Might be worth trying the suggestions.

Also as this is not related to the recent TVDB issue, I have split the posts into a new thread.
Note that I have no issues playing back any of the media files from within the rar files in Kodi. Using the Files view instead of the media library to navigate to it and play it remains just as solid as before these issues started. The initial issue I had with scanning rar files was because the RAR add-ons didn't work until some combination of starting and restarting Kodi a few times. Once I got it working, it has been working just like Kodi 17.x and earlier.
@Karellen
The original issue I had with the 404 error I think was related to TVDB but maybe that was just temporary.

I've finally got a clean log for you: https://paste.kodi.tv/ageridehoj.kodi

After Grantchester.S04E06 there are no more files. Just another show folder with video files.

It definitely is the Season 1 Grantchester rar files. I was able to do a complete scan after removing them.

But before this weekend it worked fine. Those files were scraped and played ok and I've had the files for a long time.

The only thing I can think of is I found I had a second TVDB addon installed some hebtv thing that was version 1.8 something. Maybe my system was using that version 1.8 instead of the 3.0.16 and it scraped the Grantchester correctly up until it had issues this weekend(404 errors) and now the 3.0.16 has issues with the rar files.
(2019-08-29, 06:17)slydog3333 Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally got a clean log for you

Really? FYI: the list of banned add-ons on the Kodi Wiki is certainly not definitive. That said, why is it that the following entries in your kodi.log pop up in all the wrong add-on listings online when being internet-searched?

divingmule
krysty-xbmc
kodipopcorntime
ninjasys
superrepo.org.gotham.all

Certainly everything 'superrepo' is at the top of our no-no list.

Why don't you start with a new, fresh and actually clean setup without all the illegal add-on crap, and stop wasting our time?
Certain banned add-ons have been known to disrupt Kodi core functionality, making the troubleshooting of Kodi problems even more complicated.
(2019-08-29, 07:15)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-29, 06:17)slydog3333 Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally got a clean log for you

Really? FYI: the list of banned add-ons on the Kodi Wiki is certainly not definitive. That said, why is it that the following entries in your kodi.log pop up in all the wrong add-on listings online when being internet-searched?

divingmule
krysty-xbmc
kodipopcorntime
ninjasys
superrepo.org.gotham.all

Certainly everything 'superrepo' is at the top of our no-no list.

Why don't you start with a new, fresh and actually clean setup without all the illegal add-on crap, and stop wasting our time?
Certain banned add-ons have been known to disrupt Kodi core functionality, making the troubleshooting of Kodi problems even more complicated. 
A reasonable request. Smile My logs should be clean of any such illicit add-ons as I only use ones from the official repo. Not sure our issues were necessarily the same though.