Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR addon for FitzyTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FitzyTV is a cloud based DVR app which allows users to watch and record to the cloud streaming live TV after they log into their legal cable television subscriptions.  This includes services such as SlingTV, YouTubeTV, PS Vue, Hulu Live, and Philo as well as DirecTV and various regional cable networks.  It is an aggregator that organizes the channels from your logged on services into an EPG and you can watch the streams without additional costs.  If you make use of their online DVR you will need to pay for the service of having your shows stored online.

I think this could be a great way to add a bunch of legal content to Kodi via a PVR which uses FitzyTV as a backend.  Such an addon would need to have a way for users to log into whatever services they have legal access to and manage those channels (hiding disliked channels) and so on.  The good news is the developers have a place where someone could apply for access to the APIs to develop such an addon.  Currently there is only Android, AndroidTV and Chromecast support, the developer is working on versions for Roku and iOS and TVOS.  Making a Kodi PVR version could provide a single source of multiple legal streaming television services through one interface.

I think it could really work out well for us.

Fitzy's API request form can be found here (scroll down.)

Their existing Google Play app can be found here.

I personally have an account and use the app on my Nexuus Player at home but I'd love to be able to stay in Kodi and use it on my desktop tv linux box.

Edit: I'm marking this as solved and removing my request for this to be added given the current state of FitzyTV.  Google has taken it down from the Play Store, Amazon has removed it from their store and the service has been getting worse and worse with no replies from their support team.  Clearly there are issues with the platform as it stands and there is no point bringing it to Kodi when it doesn't seem likely to be here this time next year.